• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: Antiques Dealer revamp

Onacinator

Private
The Antiques Dealer is potentially a much more useful and fun game feature. I'm in the Arctic Future, and the main issues I have with Antiques Dealer at the moment are as follows:

-This is a very big and diverse game with all sorts of different items, upgrades and buildings, so, correspondingly, there should be a much bigger turnover of items in a building like the Antiques Dealer.
-So, for example, Auctions last way too long and don't really encourage active bidding until the final minute (often the final few seconds in practice), so there doesn't seem to be much point having a longer auction for every item (which also would not be the case in real life either!). SUGGESTION, reduce all auctions to 1 hour, maximum. SUGGESTION 2, have certain auctions of different lengths, eg for certain items a really quick-fire auction of 10 mins...?
-Another example is that the number of items on offer is quite small - only 6 every 24 hours. SUGGESTION, there could easily be 9 or even 12 items on offer per day, reflecting a wider range of the available ingame items. Couldn't there be either gold or supplies on offer every day? A military unit every day?
-This could also be a good building to provide the opportunity to catch up on a missed upgrade from a previous event. There are hundreds of these, but it's an incredibly slow process at the moment. Very often (at least in my experience) things like the Cherry Garden set come up all the time. I myself am not interested in this, and on the other hand, I'm sure there are people who are, but my point is, Cherry Garden comes up far too often relative to, and at the expense of, other items.
-Often, bids on a highly desired item can get into 6 figures (ie 100k or more), which realistically means that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. This is not good for overall multiplayer gameplay. SUGGESTION: significantly reduce the number of people allowed in an auction 'room' per auction item. SUGGESTION 2: have multiple auction 'rooms' running simultaneously - click on the one with the item you want to bid on.

I'm sure there could be other suggestions, but I'll see how people respond to this initially.
Onacinator

Even if they wanted to keep the 2 hour auction window - allowing us to choose one from a group of 6 let's say would be cool- after selecting one from the group - we would be stuck with that one until the 2 hour auction is over - whereby we could then again have a choice to select 1 from a group of 6 possible items

By the way - you need to format this idea

Onacinator

Private
By the way - you need to format this idea
[/QUOTE]
What do you mean by format the idea? This is my first ever forum post btw

Knight of ICE

Ideas need to be posted in a mandatory format. Yours isn't to start with.
Even when it is formatted, it can not be on the Do Not Suggest List.
Also it should not have been proposed before.

This is how you propose an idea

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/how-the-ideas-section-works.43102/

This is the Do Not Suggest List

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/do-not-suggest.37648/

And here you use the forum search function to see if your idea has not been proposed before

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?search/

The way you proposed your idea at this time will not lead to anything, so you at least might want
to edit it so it will have the right format.

Hope this helps!