• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Antiques Dealer and New Players

Suttegris

Private
I think the Antiques Dealer is great fun.

Once, I was lucky and got 100 forge points for 12,000 trade coins.
As a new player, this was all the coins I possessed. Saved me 4 days — all worth it.

Older players seem to have way too many trade coins. It kinds of ruins the auction experience.

The second time I saw 100 forge points on auction, the opening bid was a whopping 77,000 trade coins, from a buyer with 200 million points. This is 6.4 times more than I paid and I am sure it only saved him some 12 hours or less in forge point accumulation. So the relative difference is more than 50 times — what he got versus what he paid compared to me.

It is not uncommon to see an opening bid of 45,000 on a Carousel and then seeing it outbid by 45,001 at the end. The first player did not care enough to stick around.
I understand that the Carousel is a valuable item and that time in real life is precious, but would it not be more fun for the players with a bidding war?

DeletedUser112026

As a new player, this was all the coins I possessed. Saved me 4 days — all worth it.

Older players seem to have way too many trade coins. It kinds of ruins the auction experience.

The second time I saw 100 forge points on auction, the opening bid was a whopping 77,000 trade coins, from a buyer with 200 million points. This is 6.4 times more than I paid and I am sure it only saved him some 12 hours or less in forge point accumulation. So the relative difference is more than 50 times — what he got versus what he paid compared to me.

It is not uncommon to see an opening bid of 45,000 on a Carousel and then seeing it outbid by 45,001 at the end. The first player did not care enough to stick around.
I understand that the Carousel is a valuable item and that time in real life is precious, but would it not be more fun for the players with a bidding war?
yea when new players wont have like 5000 random bits of rubbish in there storage box like i did any way every thing new is of more benefit to older players like settlement how many new players will be bale to afford to buy everything to build settlement .... still cost gold and supply to build settlement stuff what as we all remember we dont get easy at first i would of prefer a little shop when we can just buy it out right in stead of bidding even if the game devs would make everything cost far more coins then there worth

Forwandert

Major-General
I set a reminder for a cidermill upgrade a couple of weeks ago. Alarm went off forgot what I set it for till about 10 mins later, upgrade went for 52,000 or around that. 4 or so hours later I won one for just over 5000. It does depend who you're against, the attack buildings always go a decent price but I've had some a lot cheaper when hardly anyone bids so it's not always worth getting into those bidding wars just a little patience they will all appear again and in a few months I doubt there will be as many coins around.

in a few months I doubt there will be as many coins around.
Not do sure about that! I've stopped selling stuff to the dealer as I've so many coins and can't be bothered selling more, there's not enough decent stuff to buy to make a dent and I keep accumulating junk that can be sold if needed

DeletedUser96901

Not do sure about that! I've stopped selling stuff to the dealer as I've so many coins and can't be bothered selling more, there's not enough decent stuff to buy to make a dent and I keep accumulating junk that can be sold if needed
next year there will be SoK upgrades to level 2 giving 2 FP

you can spend 500k in an auction to get one :lol:

DeletedUser110131

would it not be more fun for the players with a bidding war?
You want less advantage to older players and more bidding wars?

The two are mutually exclusive.

The fact that it's possible to avoid a bidding war is why newer players have a chance, at all. Older players have put in a lot of time and effort in the game, in order to gain the advantage they have. As you noted, it also takes more purchases to make a difference in an older city. If they didn't have more trade coins than newer players, the auctions would be of no interest to older players.

The way it is works very well. It gives newer players a chance, older players a reward for their dedication, and is worth the effort for both. It's also inclusive, in that players interact across guilds and eras. This seems to be a priority for Inno, as many features in the game promote it, and features that limit it are introduced only reluctantly. I agree with them on that; it's important to create a cohesive and complex game world.

in a few months I doubt there will be as many coins around.
there's not enough decent stuff to buy to make a dent and I keep accumulating junk that can be sold if needed
I suspect Forwandert is right.

Some players, who are either very active or very cautious, will still have plenty. The majority will have spent their trade coins competing with the very active players. The auctions are a realistic free market simulation, right down to the concept of inflation; the more trade coin people have, the less they'll be worth.

Inno will, no doubt, introduce new items to boost the Antiques Dealer. The more players they see hoarding trade coins, the more they'll do to get those coins back into circulation. Activity is good for the game, hoarding isn't. Simply reducing the number of separate auctions will skyrocket the prices, as more "wealthy" players will compete against each other. It'll save coins for new players, who won't be able to buy anything, while making a serious dent in the largest "fortunes". There are also plenty of other ways they can regulate the market.

Most of us will have as much trade coin as Inno wants us to, no more and no less, and they won't want anyone to have too much.

If you go to a real auction with only 5 Bucks in your pocket - do you expect to outbid anyone?

As for the amount of bids - opening or not - I have obtained Royal Marble Gates for 9000 up to 60,000 and more. I have seen players go for 120,000 or more for Battle Boost Bldgs. Patience is key to the auction house.

The second time I saw 100 forge points on auction, the opening bid was a whopping 77,000 trade coins, from a buyer with 200 million points.
77K trade coins for 100 fps sounds like a good deal :-)
100 fps is not much though for a 200M points player.
Not sure I would waste trade coins on fps.

DeletedUser96901

77K trade coins for 100 fps sounds like a good deal :-)
100 fps is not much though for a 200M points player.
Not sure I would waste trade coins on fps.
if you would have your city full of buildings which are better than the buildings the dealer offers you would