• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Antique Dealer's Key

BraveColour

Private
Proposal:
As a special event reward, would you consider a key to the antique seller's storeroom, so that the key-holder is able to buy one item of their choice?

Reason:
The 6 randomly generated sale items in the antique dealer's shop can sometimes seem like an endless loop of the same items again and again and again. It can take months before something you've been waiting for pops up and it would be a very rewarding reward (sorry for the tautology) to win the chance of buying a thing you really want.

Details:
Reward items increase in special events dependant on one's position in a league. Bronze league winners might win an avatar and an upgrade, silver might win an upgrade, a tower and an antique dealer's key. Gold winners might win two keys. Something like that?

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
I do not think this opens the game to exploits or cheating. But it does materially reward players who have invested the time and effort in Special Events to move up the league table and win a key.

Abuse Prevention:
I don't think this opens the game to exploits or cheating.

Summary:
This change would enhance the game by allowing players to play for a specific reward of their choice from the antique dealer's inventory. That final upgrade or the much-needed level 1 which they've been waiting a few months for.

The goal is to encourage 50 diamonds to change the items - however this idea Does open up the events to exactly that - Exploits - those that are willing to spend to get to the event top 5% will get even more high-end rewards from this idea.

BraveColour

Private
The goal is to encourage 50 diamonds to change the items - however this idea Does open up the events to exactly that - Exploits - those that are willing to spend to get to the event top 5% will get even more high-end rewards from this idea.
If the idea is to encourage the spending of 50 diamonds, as you suggest, then surely encouraging people to spend diamonds to reach the top 5% achieves exactly what you say is their goal?

Knight of ICE

You forgot to put in a poll, but there is no need to do so anyhow.

Idea is on the Do Not Suggest List

You are free to discuss it, but this will not be forwarded.

BraveColour

Private
I did read the "Do not Suggest List" and couldn't see anything regarding it on there. It says no modification to "existing rewards" but nothing about suggesting new rewards. What have I missed?

Knight of ICE

• Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game

BraveColour

Private
Fair enough. I'm aware of the long-game strategy aspect of the game,as I've been building my city on Forge of Empires for 4 years now. I didn't really see it as a "get rich quick" idea, but if a moderator does, so be it.

Knight of ICE

Fair enough. I'm aware of the long-game strategy aspect of the game,as I've been building my city on Forge of Empires for 4 years now. I didn't really see it as a "get rich quick" idea, but if a moderator does, so be it.

Not as much get rich quick as get rich easier, but bottom like it is definately a new item and Inno is not looking for suggestions in that direction.