• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Antique dealer..

• Thread starter DeletedUser117592
  • Start date

DeletedUser117592

I’m going to start by saying that the antique dealer is a brilliant and long awaited thing. What i don’t like about it, and it should be addressed to ASAP, is the fact that everyone can bid on items. How would you expect a player from Early Middle Ages to win a bid agains a player from Arctic Future? They should have tons of random things in their inventories and it would be very unfair to lower age players trying to get something.
It should be that players from same age to bid against eachother.

DeletedUser96901

wrong

not everybody can bid
you bid against a group of 50 random players

It should be that players from same age to bid against eachother.
that would be really unfair to new players

they don't have many things
and the age campers have tons of things to sell

fair would be to group people according to the amount of coins they have
so everybody can bid the same amount

Ricky17890

Private
Good idea.Nice to see the Forge team constantly trying to improve things.Just wish the antiques dealer would have come sooner as I deleted a load of stuff around 2 months ago and had no idea that this new feature would be coming

Good idea.Nice to see the Forge team constantly trying to improve things.Just wish the antiques dealer would have come sooner as I deleted a load of stuff around 2 months ago and had no idea that this new feature would be coming
I never understood deleting stuff, yes it can be a pain scrolling through the inventory looking for something but it's not as if there's limited space. Why not just leave it there just in case you need it at some point?

DeletedUser108359

it appears that when you cancel an exchange you LOOSE the item ?
I tried it with a palm tree, I had 1 - then canceled...no more palm tree

How stupid! I wouldn't cancel if there was ANY indication that I would lose the items

You don't lose the item, it gets returned to your inventory

I never understood deleting stuff, yes it can be a pain scrolling through the inventory looking for something but it's not as if there's limited space. Why not just leave it there just in case you need it at some point?
And you can search for things now, so no need to scroll.

DeletedUser112892

it appears that when you cancel an exchange you LOOSE the item ?
I tried it with a palm tree, I had 1 - then canceled...no more palm tree

How stupid! I wouldn't cancel if there was ANY indication that I would lose the items
You don't lose the items at all. They just get back to your inventory

DeletedUser109379

On another note I find the system counter intuitive. Call me cognitive deficient but TBH I'm not sure I get it.

DeletedUser653

fair would be to group people according to the amount of coins they have
so everybody can bid the same amount

So if i keep buying things my coins will be very low but being in SAM age and having 25 hideouts and 33 wishing wells i can very easy earn enough very quickly to out bid anyone in my group. So not fair at all but great for me as i can pick up stuff at much lower bid prices.
Only fair-ish way would be to keep the hoods as the bidding group or use similar logic

DeletedUser108359

The fact that the item was NOT in my inventory after checking - led me to the conclusions that you loose the item, that's why I posted...

I wanted a conclusive answer. but now it appears I will have to test it out AGAIN, but this time record the screen as proof to see if it's a bug or something else...

*edit
I tried it with an astronaut statue, it was near the bottom of the inventory list with 140 - also at the end of the list of items worth 140, after canceling it, I couldn't see it where it was...until I scrolled all the way up above the long list of 140's to the top - and it was there. when I looked in the regular inventory, the astronaut statue had a View attachment 19565 on it - making it a new item in the inventory.

That is correct. This happens with ANY item that you remove from your inventory and then put back.
If you had placed it in your city, then used a store building item, it would have returned as the 1st item in your inventory. It is recorded as a new item, which it effectively is.
When you close your inventory and go back, it's "gone", but scroll through and you will find it back in it's normal place.

DeletedUser111327

Ok...so some players have 2 hour bids...others have 4 hour bids....how is THIS fair? Some people experience half the number of bids per day plus have a lower chance of getting something because in 4 hours alot can happen!
This is messedup and really not fair.

Agent327

Overlord
Ok...so some players have 2 hour bids...others have 4 hour bids....how is THIS fair? Some people experience half the number of bids per day plus have a lower chance of getting something because in 4 hours alot can happen!
This is messedup and really not fair.

No players have 2 hour bids. If you want to complain get your facts straight!!!

DeletedUser111327

Yes....I DO...I HAVE 2 hour bids....my wife has 4 hour bids...