• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Annoying repeatable quests

DeletedUser

A particular annoyance of mine is the fact that when you finish one repeatable quest you have to sift through all the rest before you can get back to the one you want, how about making the quest you just finished being the first option in the list for the next?

DeletedUser9168

err - how about doing all the quests to give yourself variety rather than only ever completing the same one?

DeletedUser7719

There are a bunch of ideas I have to reduce the amount of clicking in quests.
1) After completing a looping quest, there should be "Collect Reward" and "Collect and Repeat" (pretty much your idea)
2) If you click on abort quest (for any quests), normally there are two options to keep quest or actually abort it. If you click on keep quest, count it as accepting it, so we don't have to click on "Accept Quest" after we click on it.
3) Have a third option when a Pay Quest pops up to "Accept and Pay", so we don't have to go back to the quest and pay for it after accepting.
4) Have no confirmation for aborting a looping quest that you haven't started (since you can always return to it, and this is assuming that the first option wasn't already implemented)

DeletedUser8813

err - how about doing all the quests to give yourself variety rather than only ever completing the same one?

err why dont we look at the fact that as a premium player some cant do all the quests..as we dont have those buildings..as we try to support the company but get no support in return with these questlines..?

Surge

Brigadier-General

A lot of people including myself do specific quests because our buildings are geared towards those quests. There's no point in doing or even being given a quest to produce five commercial airliners when your city uses only single lane roads. Also, consider the speed of doing them: if your production per day is good enough (my daily produce were 700k coins and 700k supplies per day before PME) you can do a lot of Rinbin Unbirthday quests and possibly get medals or even diamonds. Why do you think people bother building a Chateaux? It's conventionally worthless unless you have a reliably easy source of income via quests, and if you get a CF on a respectably high level and you got a city putting out a ton of coins and supplies, you can make at least 800 medals on a quest, and maybe 40+ diamonds if you're lucky. Otherwise, CF is relatively large and bulky, and SN produces more coins and provides happiness at that (which is STILL broken :/).

I agree - we need a faster system of doing loopers. It's quite annoying having to click through 10 quests or so every time I finish collecting 420,000 coins. Everyone will want this in roughly 60 days.

DeletedUser

The quests I do are my choice, I am given the option to accept or abort, so I can choose.
What quests I choose to do or not do is not the point, the point is having to sift through the same list over and over again.
Let's take Modern Era, I had a quest to produce 5 Sunday hats, I had about 28 hatters so I could repeat this quest several times daily, each time having to sift through the same list of quests over and over again, all I am suggesting is maybe offer the completed quest as the first option for the next quest.

DeletedUser

err why dont we look at the fact that as a premium player some cant do all the quests..as we dont have those buildings..as we try to support the company but get no support in return with these questlines..?

This. In modern a couple of film studios were more than enough for resources, but all the quests were for airplane factories and hatters. Couldn't there have been an option to complete the quests with the very expensive premium buildings?

DeletedUser12400

A particular annoyance of mine is the fact that when you finish one repeatable quest you have to sift through all the rest before you can get back to the one you want, how about making the quest you just finished being the first option in the list for the next?
I agree with jampots and also with Hawr-nee Knight.

DeletedUser

If I'd just done one quest, I wouldn't want to do it again straightaway. I'd want to do a different one. I prefer to have a variety of things to do rather than to do the same thing over and over again and this would force me into a loop where I would have to keep sifting through the ones that I'd just done before getting to some that I hadn't done for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

There are a bunch of ideas I have to reduce the amount of clicking in quests.
1) After completing a looping quest, there should be "Collect Reward" and "Collect and Repeat" (pretty much your idea)
2) If you click on abort quest (for any quests), normally there are two options to keep quest or actually abort it. If you click on keep quest, count it as accepting it, so we don't have to click on "Accept Quest" after we click on it.
3) Have a third option when a Pay Quest pops up to "Accept and Pay", so we don't have to go back to the quest and pay for it after accepting.
4) Have no confirmation for aborting a looping quest that you haven't started (since you can always return to it, and this is assuming that the first option wasn't already implemented)

I like the idea of 1) Having those two options means people who want different quests can see them, those that want to repeat it can. 2) is also nice. I'm indifferent about point 3). I'd rather not have 4) I like being able to confirm my actions even if it is for a looping quest I can get again.

I feel like point 1 is all that is needed to make people happier related to the topic at hand.

DeletedUser

If I'd just done one quest, I wouldn't want to do it again straightaway. I'd want to do a different one. I prefer to have a variety of things to do rather than to do the same thing over and over again and this would force me into a loop where I would have to keep sifting through the ones that I'd just done before getting to some that I hadn't done for a while.

I'm happy you're happy with the current set up and the ability to do different quests, however I would suggest that you guys that like variety in repeatable quests are a minority as repeating the same quest is far more profitable for most players, so as it stands the game caters for the minority, not the majority. To do different quests all the time would involve constantly demolishing and building, just to have the appropriate buildings.
But again, my point is not the quests themselves, or the variety of quests, my point is putting the last quest completed as the last in the list of quests to choose next, it would make more sense for the majority of players if it was offered first.

DeletedUser

But again, my point is not the quests themselves, or the variety of quests, my point is putting the last quest completed as the last in the list of quests to choose next, it would make more sense for the majority of players if it was offered first.

Have you checked through this thread to see if we are in the minority? I think you are assuming that everyone thinks the same way as you. To me that sounds like your personal preference, just as much as what I've stated is my personal preference. Possibly we all need to make our ratings evident. I'm going back to post mine in my first post.

DeletedUser2989

Just from reading the two posts above I would have thought byeordie's solution would make both of the "sides" happy.

Those like Danoi40 can click "Collect and Repeat" (getting the exact same quest) and those like Hippocratia can click "Collect Reward" and get a random new quest. Everyone can be happy :)

DeletedUser

Just from reading the two posts above I would have thought byeordie's solution would make both of the "sides" happy.

Those like Danoi40 can click "Collect and Repeat" (getting the exact same quest) and those like Hippocratia can click "Collect Reward" and get a random new quest. Everyone can be happy :)

If everyone can be happy with one of the options, then that's fine. I don't mind much unless it really gets annoying for how I play and I can't ignore it or work round it. However it would have to be proposed as an idea....

I got into 'Ideas' section mode with my previous post as I get used to rating the original idea rather than discussing the options in general; which fits here in the Game Discussions section. :D

DeletedUser101007

I'm a relative newbie to the Forum, so I hope I'm writing this in the correct place. I don't understand what a looping quest it. If I don't want to do a quest I click on Abort. I understood this to be the end of it. How do you keep a quest coming back to repeat over and over again?
Another question I have is how can you go back to a quest if you have left the particular age it was in. I am speaking particularly of the Barbarian quest. Someone in my Guild is now in the High Middle Ages and has not got a Monastery. I there any way to go back and do the quest that furnishes it please?

DeletedUser9614

You have to skip multiple quests in order to get the same loop quest.
You cannot go back to the quest if you skipped it.

DeletedUser

Sandy....they are referring to "looping quests" which don't appear until you've finished all regular story line quests in an age. Many people won't come across these unless you're stuck in an age for a long time.

DeletedUser101007

Thanks for that. I suppose that mean that if my Guild member hasn't got the Monastery they can't go back and get one. :(

DeletedUser6065

Sandy, I may be confused by your question, but-
The Monastery is given at the completion of the EMA bonus quest/territories. These are the red shaded territories in the center of your global map, and will 'unlock' automatically. The final province to conquer is Tarmelmann, and successful completion will award the Monastery, along with a few other goodies. Is this helpful? . . . . . mk