• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

kayjaydee

Private
A complete waste of time like so many events now, I think it would be best if INNO knocked back the number of events and concentrated on making a handful (say 4) more user friendly rather than filling up the calendar with events most of which are tedious or near impossible to complete. Enough is enough .

Well finished up with 41 water ,2 wind and 121 fire keys unused ,does this make sense at all.?

Deleted member 127677

I liked the mini game but like others, I find 3-week events at a frequency of whatever we have now, 10 a year, over long and tedious, especially when there is virtually no reward in between except the odd daily, whatever you do. Would suggest making small events daily for some rewards, have GE as a weekly, fewer 3-week events but also with a different mechanic altogether (up to x rewards for completing milestones daily and then access to the main prize in the end, for, you know being active). Something along those lines. The current format is boring and while you can get decent rewards in the end if you spend half the day in game or pay, it's more like a job than a game, where we, you know, come to relax.

Last edited by a moderator:

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I don't complain either way, if it doesn't suit I just don't do the events but by simply completing the quests and doing the events upto the last year or so has gained you a complete building.

There is a massive difference between being handed an event building and needing to complete an event with the most basic of instructions when the wiggle room for errors is minimal.

Being able to get a full building without having to play a certain way (without instruction) WAS the previous way events worked. Players aren't in the wrong game they've changed the way events work, going to assume you haven't been playing that long to not know that but it certainly was the way events worked for a long time.
I hear you, but even back in the times you're talking about, players would immediately come straight on the forum complaining "the event is crap", "it's impossible to get a building without buying diamonds", "It's too hard", etc etc.
And that was in the first day or two of the event!
And there'd be plenty of players who proved them wrong by getting that full building just by playing, not spending.

Like I said before, if players don't like an event because of the mechanics, or the random generator or the statistics of the final building then they're entitled to that opinion, but judging an event when it's only just started on whether or not they'll get a full building at the end of it, often without even trying to learn how to play it, is ridiculous.

Personally, I like to have different mechanics or minigames in the events. Some are good, some aren't. Sometimes I get the full building, sometimes I don't.
I do think that there are too many events.
I don't mind that some special prizes are only available to spending players.
But overall I know it's just a game.

Vellywood

Private
Liked the event and mini game, my only problem was it as time consuming, even more than St Pats, I play seven worlds so time is an issue for me. That said loved playing the mini game, loved that the minor rewards targeted developing players. Nice Daily specials, overall, my favorite event.

only a small amount of players got the golden upgrade without spending $$$$

thus it was an obvious cash cow to get players to spend money....

when u cant use diamonds but have to spend $$$$ to unlock the prizes ( especially golden upgrade ) then its a big fail from me on this event

Knight of ICE

only a small amount of players got the golden upgrade without spending $$$$

thus it was an obvious cash cow to get players to spend money....

when u cant use diamonds but have to spend $$$$ to unlock the prizes ( especially golden upgrade ) then its a big fail from me on this event

Normally I do not respond to these type of comments, cause you will see them at every event feedback, but can not let it pass this time. I have gotten the golden upgrade on all (7) worlds I play and on all I have an extra base, upgrade kit and selectionkit left in my inventory. Never seen an event where it was this easy to get the main prize. I feel confident enough to say that if you did not get it, you went about it the wrong way.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Normally I do not respond to these type of comments, cause you will see them at every event feedback, but can not let it pass this time. I have gotten the golden upgrade on all (7) worlds I play and on all I have an extra base, upgrade kit and selectionkit left in my inventory. Never seen an event where it was this easy to get the main prize. I feel confident enough to say that if you did not get it, you went about it the wrong way.
Great! Congratulations on getting the gold upgrade for free! But guess what? You are NOT the majority of players!

There were only three ways yo get the Golden Upgrade:
1) Buy the Premium Pass
2) Finish in top 5%
3) Earn at least 3750 points

Finishing in the top 5% required more than 3750 points, so if you finished in Silver or Gold you already had enough points to get it for free anyway. That leaves only options 1 and 3.

In East-Nagatch:
Bronze: 2903+ points
Silver: 4186+ points

In Mount Killmore:
Bronze: 2931+ points
Silver: 4226+ points

That means that, in both worlds I play in, less than 20% (probably closer to 10%) earned the required 3750 points and could get the Golden Upgrade for free. For the remaining over 80% the Premium Pass was the only option.

So yes, only a small amount of players could get it for free. I guess most people went about it the wrong way...

Knight of ICE

So yes, only a small amount of players could get it for free. I guess most people went about it the wrong way...

They must have. If you play every day, open the 2x chest every day, and do all daily challenges, you might be able to get all the way to 5000 progress, 1250 above the 3750 required.

I am not taking credit for this. Mooingcat wrote a Guide and he was spot on.

Spending 4x100 Energy per day, plus 0+20+40+80=140 Energy per day to reset boards, for a total of 540 Energy / Day, 11340 total Energy and not trying to clear the board and you could not fail.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Well, I guess it says something about the event and how well - or rather, how poorly - it was expained if over 80% of players "went about it the wrong way" and could not reach the 3750 points required... and yes, I did open the x2 chest every day and I completed all daily challenges.

Would you mind posting the final results for the 7 worlds you play in (be it here or in the non-feedback thread)? It would be interesting to compare how players in each world did.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Well, I guess it says something about the event and how well - or rather, how poorly - it was expained if over 80% of players "went about it the wrong way" and could not reach the 3750 points required... and yes, I did open the x2 chest every day and I completed all daily challenges.

Would you mind posting the final results for the 7 worlds you play in (be it here or in the non-feedback thread)? It would be interesting to compare how players in each world did.
Not necessarily true - as there were a number of players like myself who did not like the Event game at all, and gave up on it after a few days (even though only needed 1 day to see what a poorly designed game it was) - and players like that would be part of your so-called 80% - and they could not get the Gold, because they did not even try for it. Just because you do not know what you are doing, does not mean you can make up statistics as to why an Event was not obtainable by you - just means you did not understand how to play it. Although that Event truly was not play - was much more along the lines of work - and spend enough time at work each week, not wasting time meant for relaxing on unpaid work.

So during this event seeing that the premium packaged had some descent building I decided for the first time ever to give it a go and actually buy some diamonds even though I felt that it was overpriced. i end up not getting a second tower, and not even being in the highest rank. i thought paying 90 euro would be worth it but expensive. turns out I just wasted my money. This kind of mechanic where u pay more than the if u were to buy the best game in steam and end up getting u nowhere is what convinced me that I wasted my money and I will avoid in the future paying ever again for premium packages. it was a 90 euro mistake lesson learnt

Knight of ICE

So during this event seeing that the premium packaged had some descent building I decided for the first time ever to give it a go and actually buy some diamonds even though I felt that it was overpriced. i end up not getting a second tower, and not even being in the highest rank. i thought paying 90 euro would be worth it but expensive. turns out I just wasted my money. This kind of mechanic where u pay more than the if u were to buy the best game in steam and end up getting u nowhere is what convinced me that I wasted my money and I will avoid in the future paying ever again for premium packages. it was a 90 euro mistake lesson learnt

To get a second tower you needed to spend somewhere around 32-35k diamonds. That is about double the amount you spend. That still does not get you in the highest rank, cause others can spend diamonds as well.

Vesiger

Monarch
Being able to get a full building without having to play a certain way (without instruction) WAS the previous way events worked. Players aren't in the wrong game they've changed the way events work, going to assume you haven't been playing that long to not know that but it certainly was the way events worked for a long time.
I've been playing long enough to remember the days where it was absolutely normal for the majority of players NOT to get the maximum reward from an event - the average player was a level or two short, and only the lucky or super-dedicated (or rich) ones got top prize.
The idea that 'everyone has to be a winner' came in a year or two after I started playing, when it became much easier to complete events (and before the serious balance issues that predictably resulted, where nobody ever uses the buildings of their actual era but just stacks up vast numbers of high-producing special event buildings instead...)

Emberguard

Legend
There were only three ways yo get the Golden Upgrade:
[...]
3) Earn at least 3750 points

Just to clarify one thing on that, the main issue was whether a player was aiming to completely clear a board or if they were partially clearing and then resetting.

If you try to fully clear a board there's a good chance you're spending an additional 200-600 energy per board compared to cutting your losses and resetting. If you reset the board 4 times then that costs 140 energy (including the free reset), and then you still have an extra 6 spawns to play around with on the lower cost margin of that, 46 spawns on the higher end.

If there are any changes to the event at all, the one change I'd like to see is some Grand Prize progress provided for fully completing a board so it's not a complete loss. Doesn't need to be keys, just progress. I would fully expect that to then result in less energy given during the Event, as it'd make progress far more consistent and predictable, but it would at least partially fix the problem of people over-spending on a single board.