• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Android App to access Beta features

DeletedUser116737

I signed up with an account on the Beta Server (Dunarsund, zz1.forgeofempires.com). The main reason: I wanted to test in advance the new features, Summer 2019 Event, Antique Dealer and Feudal Japan. It works great in browser. But on Android (Samsung S7 Edge), the new features are missing which is to be expected since the app is production (it does allow to connect to zz1 server though).
Since Beta is specifically to test new features and spot bugs in advance I can imagine there must be an Android Beta App containing the new features (perhaps not on PlayStore, but needs to be sideloaded .apk ?). This is important for me since at work I cannot use the browser edition but I can connect for a minute or two from my phone using the app.

Forwandert

Major-General
There is no other app, a lot of the announcements on beta do usually state that there will be a delay with the app versions of events and new buildings etc.

If they did beta test on the app too maybe there wouldnt be so many broken notifications and ingame notifications as we have had the last few weeks. Seems they broke more things trying to make an exclamation mark flash on settlements for no reason than actually fixed. Seen more force closes on the app this last couple of weeks then in the last year.

Agent327

Overlord
There is no beta app. There is just one app for all servers. New features on beta will be brought to the app as well, but not at the same time. Changes on PC Inno can implement whenever they like, but new features on the app need to be approved first, so that takes much longer.

DeletedUser112892

New features always arrive some time later on phones. There is nothing you or any of us can change about it