• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Analysing the real value of Great Buildings

Agent327

Overlord
Which for a current starting player you get the Oracle for free and further so far it seems that you get the Babel and Zeus fairly quickly just by Aiding folks -- curious what other GBs can you quickly get within the Bronze Age?? Definitely not the Hagia Sophia nor any of the other GBs you mention.

Definitely not?????? And you know that because?????

Let me give you some advice. With the right friends you can get any GB.

You are approaching this as a starting player. You have absolutely no clue how the game will develop when you move on and you already think you invented the wheel. If that Oracle is so precious, how come you are the only one that noticed? Look at the ranking. No one has a high Oracle. Are they all clueless, or are you?

Emberguard

Legend
@DeJoker you're right we're going to have to agree to disagree that space is more important then FP income and investment expenditure

FP income allows you to get everything else in the game. Higher the income the faster you can progress. Space to accommodate bigger GBs is easily obtained as you progress simply through tech, medals, diamonds and the map. Sure Oracle may be small, but if you can get everything you need much faster why worry about the space?

DeletedUser113976

Definitely not?????? And you know that because?????

Let me give you some advice. With the right friends you can get any GB.

You are approaching this as a starting player. You have absolutely no clue how the game will develop when you move on and you already think you invented the wheel. If that Oracle is so precious, how come you are the only one that noticed? Look at the ranking. No one has a high Oracle. Are they all clueless, or are you?

Dude you make way to many assumptions and everyone of them has been horribly wrong. I know this because I know the game well enough to know it. As for your advice I already know that as well but that was not what I was talking about and you actually know that due to other conversations we are having. My implication was what other great buildings as a brand new never played the game before do not already have a long list of high level friends can you easily get. Your assumption that I do not know the game and/or I am approaching it as if I were a newbie is wrong. Yes, I am approaching this particular scenario partially from the point of view a new player, because frankly it is aimed at helping them as much as it would help a veteran player not in the know. I just generally do not need to advise most veteran players because frankly, like me, they already know this stuff and most likely have already invested greatly into another GB that makes the Oracle redundant. What I am trying to do is supply information so that a newer player can make a much better decision about the building as a lot of other folks (who have all those other buildings) cannot seem to see its usefulness perhaps because they forget what it was like to be a new player or they are just so used to the work around that gives them access to things that perhaps they ought not have access to.

Part of the reason a lot of people do not have the Oracle is because it did not come out until much later. Another reason a lot of players do not have the Oracle is because Veteran players like yourself cannot see its usefulness because you already have all those other buildings and have invested so much into them that it makes no sense to go back to an early building like the Oracle that frankly now they do not need. So instead of seemingly explore its positives for other players you appear to prefer to try and hammer on any and every con that you can find. So new players are perhaps swayed away from using the building. To not use it because because non of the other high level players are using it, is the same kind of logic that caused the most advanced vehicle to be subjected to the width of 2 horses rear-ends. Aka very poor thinking in my opinion but it happens because of short-sighted thinkers.

FP income allows you to get everything else in the game. Higher the income the faster you can progress. Space to accommodate bigger GBs is easily obtained as you progress simply through tech, medals, diamonds and the map. Sure Oracle may be small, but if you can get everything you need much faster why worry about the space?
Really I do not recall an Expansion that you can buy with FP sure FP can facilitate lots of things but so can optimal use of space and in fact the 2 combined can accomplish even more than either one of the by themselves. Further I am never going to run out of FPs but you will eventually run out of Space as it does have a maximum limit. Still you are right in that you are free to do things the way that works best for you. All I am trying to do is present options for the newer players so that they can make much more informed decisions for themselves. Frankly it all greatly depends on ones personal strategy which most of the nay-sayers seem not to consider. Not everyone wants to play the game the way you do and doing it differently is just as good as the way you are doing it. This game was, per the designers comments, made to facilitate multiple strategies and to be played out over a long period of time. Which is why they do not want any proposals that makes the game easier or faster to play.

BTW I am curious how do you rationalize your apparent need for speed against the fact that the game designers specifically designed the game to be played at a much slower pace ??

Of course all of this discussion is actually way off topic now. So please refrain from making such comments going forward. This article was to outline the the happiness value of the Oracle and expound upon what the oringinator of this article covered under their Happiness topic. In my opinion they are doing this so that players can make well informed decisions of their own based off of critical data presented in a non-biased manner. Which was initially what I presented. Other than that yes I voiced an Opinion then backed it up with the empirical evidence I was presenting but my post was primarily about the empirical evidence and not my opinion. I was simply introducing the evidence with an observation I made based on that evidence.

So far neither of you have produce any empirical evidence to contradict mine. You have simply stated that in your opinion you can do things another way (one of those ways is to do something that contradicts one of the designers prime directives). Okay great you can do alot of things in this game alot of different ways (including things that are a bit exploitative) it does not make any of these startegy based ways bad just different. So far the evidence presented stands unchanged and non-deniable.

1) Up to The Future the Oracle beats all buildings at producing Happiness per Square
2) One can combine the Oracle with the Babel as early as the Bronze Age and increase population along with happiness without the need for more space (nor having to resort to special friends to get buildings that one would not normally have access to "making the game easier" so I would not be surprised if the designers eventually nerf this since it contradicts one of their prime directives).
3) A building that maximizes the usage of space in this game is a good building.

So if you would like to address anyone of these 3 items going forward by all means do so. If not its just a matter of opinion and no one is ever wrong when it is based on opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Dude you make way to many assumptions and everyone of them has been horribly wrong. I know this because I know the game well enough to know it. As for your advice I already know that as well but that was not what I was talking about and you actually know that due to other conversations we are having. My implication was what other great buildings as a brand new never played the game before do not already have a long list of high level friends can you easily get. Your assumption that I do not know the game and/or I am approaching it as if I were a newbie is wrong. Yes, I am approaching this particular scenario partially from the point of view a new player, because frankly it is aimed at helping them as much as it would help a veteran player not in the know. I just generally do not need to advise most veteran players because frankly, like me, they already know this stuff and most likely have already invested greatly into another GB that makes the Oracle redundant. What I am trying to do is supply information so that a newer player can make a much better decision about the building as a lot of other folks (who have all those other buildings) cannot seem to see its usefulness perhaps because they forget what it was like to be a new player or they are just so used to the work around that gives them access to things that perhaps they ought not have access to.

So you know the game wel enough, advice veteran players and stiil state that starting players can definitely not get a Hagia? All it takes ios joining a good guild and built up a strong friends list. Something that can be accomplished the first month. How do you think starting players end up with an Arc?

Part of the reason a lot of people do not have the Oracle is because it did not come out until much later. Another reason a lot of players do not have the Oracle is because Veteran players like yourself cannot see its usefulness because you already have all those other buildings and have invested so much into them that it makes no sense to go back to an early building like the Oracle that frankly now they do not need. So instead of seemingly explore its positives for other players you appear to prefer to try and hammer on any and every con that you can find. So new players are perhaps swayed away from using the building. To not use it because because non of the other high level players are using it, is the same kind of logic that caused the most advanced vehicle to be subjected to the width of 2 horses rear-ends. Aka very poor thinking in my opinion but it happens because of short-sighted thinkers.

So enlighten me on it's positves What level Oracle do I need to to give me enough happiness for a lvl 80 Inno? What am I supposed to do with the supplies the Oracle delivers and I have no need for? What should I do with my Hagia and Alca that give me fp's and units that I do need?

Really I do not recall an Expansion that you can buy with FP sure FP can facilitate lots of things but so can optimal use of space and in fact the 2 combined can accomplish even more than either one of the by themselves. Further I am never going to run out of FPs but you will eventually run out of Space as it does have a maximum limit.

I have the maximum space the game allows me to have. fp's bring up GB's. Arc gives me all the medals needed. Zeus, CVvA and CdM make me win fights. Fights get me through 4 levels of GE. GE brings me diamonds. Diamonds buy space. Did I mention the Oracle here anywhere?

Again the question, if the Oracle is that great, why does no one have it at a high level?

BTW I am curious how do you rationalize your apparent need for speed against the fact that the game designers specifically designed the game to be played at a much slower pace ??

That's easy. I am at the end of the game. At that point speed is your best friend.

1) Up to The Future the Oracle beats all buildings at producing Happiness per Square

And that is yout biggest mistake. GB's give you two things. Nobody puts them down for just one of the two. It is the combination that counts. Besides that, you did not do your homework properly. If all you look at is happiness, Frauenkirche gives more per square. Hell, even Hagia gives more.

Oracle level 1 300:9 = 33,33
Hagia level 1 1700:42 = 40,28

DeletedUser113976

So you know the game wel enough, advice veteran players and stiil state that starting players can definitely not get a Hagia? All it takes ios joining a good guild and built up a strong friends list. Something that can be accomplished the first month. How do you think starting players end up with an Arc?

Okay first off I never advised anyone one way or the other to get or not get the Hagia Sophia and even more importantly this has nothing to do with the 3 points I have outlined. This part of this conversation is thus completely off topic and your attempt to side-track and/or bully this conversation into something it is not about. So not responding to this.

So enlighten me on it's positves What level Oracle do I need to to give me enough happiness for a lvl 80 Inno? What am I supposed to do with the supplies the Oracle delivers and I have no need for? What should I do with my Hagia and Alca that give me fp's and units that I do need?

If I thought you were even remotely serious about this I would probably have started a new thread/topic discussing this but this has all the aspects of disrespectful sarcasm and even more importantly does not address the topic.

I have the maximum space the game allows me to have. fp's bring up GB's. Arc gives me all the medals needed. Zeus, CVvA and CdM make me win fights. Fights get me through 4 levels of GE. GE brings me diamonds. Diamonds buy space. Did I mention the Oracle here anywhere?

And your point is ? Other than the obvious that you as an established player have no need for the Oracle. Great I already acknowledged that most veterans do not need it since for them it is a redundant building but then it was not available most likely when you started. Lastly again this is off topic for the discussion at hand. Are you addressing anyone of the 3 points that I put forth .. no. You are simply continuing to try and bully this topic off the subject and into an opinion argument that as I pointed out where no one is wrong and no one is right -- pure opinion based on ones personal strategy.

Again the question, if the Oracle is that great, why does no one have it at a high level?
Again because for almost all veterans this building was not around when they got started and would now be a redundant building for almost all of them. Further as you have pointed out veterans already have a means (for now) to circumnavigate the normal process flow by doing something that is borderline unethical to the games purpose. Sure its allowed (for now) but if you look at the designers prime directives this method you spouse directly contradicts them and you are content to use that while trying to bully/shame others if they are doing anything remotely similar. Can you say hypocrite.

But yet again this has nothing to do with the points I put forth about the Oracle it is just put forth to be nasty and argumentative. Why on earth would I even want to respond to someone who is using such an obvious tactic as that.

And that is your biggest mistake. GB's give you two things. Nobody puts them down for just one of the two. It is the combination that counts. Besides that, you did not do your homework properly. If all you look at is happiness, Frauenkirche gives more per square. Hell, even Hagia gives more.

Oracle level 1 300:9 = 33,33
Hagia level 1 1700:42 = 40,28

No your mistake is taking this thread in a direction it was never meant to go. The intent of this thread was not to discuss the overall worthiness of the Oracle that is something you brought into the picture. The thread has always been (except for your belligerent side-tracks) about discussing just the Happiness element of the Oracle and nothing more.

Lastly I did do my homework but instead of looking at level one I chose level 10 where everyone denotes that is a buildings prime level. So I compared prime levels to prime levels. Further if you re-examine the information I supplied I did not compare it to other Great Buildings because the originator of this post already did that. I just extended the information for them so that they could add the information about the Oracle to their current information along with a few tweaks to correct/augment the other information in order to help make it more accurate and complete. For instance the Church is the best Culture building of HMA not the one he denoted. Further added in the Decorations for ease of look up. As for that homework on the Great Buildings I have posted it below.

AgeBuildingHap/SqSizeExtra Bonus
BAOracle1899Supplies 777/sq
IAColosseum95.242Medals 0.83/sq
EMAHagia Sophia152.442Forge Points 0.14/sq
HMANotre Dame162.524Supplies 302/sq
CAFrauenkirche19625Goods 0.68
PEAlcatraz16925Goods 0.68

That I believe covers them all and the only Great Building that produces more happiness per square (at level 10) than the Oracle is the Frauenkirche but it is nearly 3 times bigger than the Oracle and is not supposed to be available (per the game designers plans) until the Progressive Era but yes we players have learned how to exploit the unforseen loop-hole that allows us to get it much earlier than that. But I would like to see you put a Frauenkirche down into normal balanced Iron Age city. I mean I am sure it could be done but it would pretty much cripple that city. But again .... AGAIN .... this is not what this discussion was all about so all of this should not even be part of the discussion. I did not open a "debate" on what buildings were better than what buildings -- I made 3 distinct statements none of which you can refute so you attempt to bully this conversation by redirecting it into an argument you feel you can win. Not going there.

In short you are way off topic another such post and I will report you to the moderators as being belligerent and bullyish.

Agent327

Overlord
Okay first off I never advised anyone one way or the other to get or not get the Hagia Sophia and even more importantly this has nothing to do with the 3 points I have outlined.

True, you did not advice it cause you said they definitely coulsd never get it.

If I thought you were even remotely serious about this I would probably have started a new thread/topic discussing this but this has all the aspects of disrespectful sarcasm and even more importantly does not address the topic.

So you can't?

And your point is ? Other than the obvious that you as an established player have no need for the Oracle. Great I already acknowledged that most veterans do not need it since for them it is a redundant building but then it was not available most likely when you started.

Then why should they explore it's positives?

Again because for almost all veterans this building was not around when they got started and would now be a redundant building for almost all of them. Further as you have pointed out veterans already have a means (for now) to circumnavigate the normal process flow by doing something that is borderline unethical to the games purpose. Sure its allowed (for now) but if you look at the designers prime directives this method you spouse directly contradicts them and you are content to use that while trying to bully/shame others if they are doing anything remotely similar. Can you say hypocrite.

Sure. Hypocrite.

But yet again this has nothing to do with the points I put forth about the Oracle it is just put forth to be nasty and argumentative. Why on earth would I even want to respond to someone who is using such an obvious tactic as that.

Could it be cause you do the same?

No your mistake is taking this thread in a direction it was never meant to go. The intent of this thread was not to discuss the overall worthiness of the Oracle that is something you brought into the picture. The thread has always been (except for your belligerent side-tracks) about discussing just the Happiness element of the Oracle and nothing more.

This thread is about the REAL value of GB's. That means not just one element.

Lastly I did do my homework but instead of looking at level one I chose level 10 where everyone denotes that is a buildings prime level. So I compared prime levels to prime levels.

Everyone? Rather strange. When I look arouind I see players bring up most GB's to level 80. Shouldn't that be the prime level?

That I believe covers them all and the only Great Building that produces more happiness per square (at level 10) than the Oracle is the Frauenkirche but it is nearly 3 times bigger than the Oracle and is not supposed to be available (per the game designers plans) until the Progressive Era but yes we players have learned how to exploit the unforseen loop-hole that allows us to get it much earlier than that. But I would like to see you put a Frauenkirche down into normal balanced Iron Age city. I mean I am sure it could be done but it would pretty much cripple that city. But again .... AGAIN .... this is not what this discussion was all about so all of this should not even be part of the discussion. I did not open a "debate" on what buildings were better than what buildings -- I made 3 distinct statements none of which you can refute so you attempt to bully this conversation by redirecting it into an argument you feel you can win. Not going there.

So are players playing according the game designers plan or have they found their own way and if so, should they be misled by you, or be really told what works better. Btw, it isn't a loop-hole. Frauenkirche is supposed to be available for every player from the start. So is every GB. You are free to invite players from all ages. No limits there, so you can get BP's from every GB you want. Goods will be a problem, but nothing in the game forbids you to trade for them in any way.

I already refute all 3 of your statements
1 - Oracle does NOT beat all buildings up to the Future when it comes to happiness
2 - Combining with Babel does not mean a thing, cause the inhabitants Babel gives are way to low.
3 - See 1

So with that taken care off, I am still looking forward to your answer what level Oracle I need to accommadate a lvl 80 Inno Tower.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

DeletedUser113976

As stated you are simply being belligerent and bullyish and as such as stated I have reported you to the moderators hopefully they will be able to deal with your disrespect have a nice day.

Emberguard

Legend
@DeJoker Seeing as the conversation is on the usefulness or superiority of a oracle I thought you might be interested in seeing another convo that was very recent:
They didn't even do that with the Arc. They did make some changes because of it, but nothing drastic--as far as I know.
About what? Was the arc too good?
I wanted to give you some examples, but can't seem to find any... I wasn't around back then, I only read about some "nerfing" on the forums. Someone else may be able to shed some light on it?

What I read was that they reduced the FP rewards because people kept getting all the GBs for free with a high Arc.

But I've no idea how this reduction really took place. Or even if it really did... :D
There was a nerfing recently of OoD. People were levelling them to level 100 for free, demolishing, and repeating. Some lost all their banked fps or GB levels(can't rightly remember) due to over zealous correcting. It was eventually sorted

Was this for the "gain X happiness" ? If so that sounds like a perfectly reasonable way to do so
No, I think people could get far more back from a GB then they donated. So they worked in pairs or groups levelling OoD

If vets were already getting oracle to lvl 100, then there has to be a reason why the oracle wasn't widely kept after this nerf. Early game supplies and happiness are needed sure. But late and end game? By that point the game is very different and the needs would also be different. Don't know who had a lvl 100 oracle back then though to ask why they'd have not kept it

That being said those I have talked to have said it's only good upto early middle ages and after that is too big of a FP sink to be worth keeping

In any case, I hope the oracle does you well.

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
If vets were already getting oracle to lvl 100, then there has to be a reason why the oracle wasn't widely kept after this nerf. Early game supplies and happiness are needed sure. But late and end game? By that point the game is very different and the needs would also be different. Don't know who had a lvl 100 oracle back then though to ask why they'd have not kept it

Purpose of the Oracle was to be a tutorial on GB's for starting players.

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-questline-for-new-players.34174/#post-231358

Vets found out they could get more fp's out of it then they put into it, so they started to level it up to 100, take it down and do it again to fill their inventory with fp packages.

So Inno did something about it.

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/oracle-of-delphi-changes.34364/

DeletedUser113976

Thank this kind of input is most helpful not only to me but to others and something perhaps the originator will include in their analysis of the Oracle.

I concur that early game is quite a bit different than the later game but as an early game feature it is quite nice. Perhaps like many buildings you end up upgrading this to a different building later on. Of course with the extremely unbalancing ability to acquire any GB of any Age as early as IA currently in place perhaps the true usefulness of the Oracle will never be truly realized. Hopefully Inno will eventually fix that extremely unbalancing feature of the game.

As far as an FP sink is concerned, I do not fully understand this line of thinking. If you never run out of FPs and FPs (if you know how to farm for them) are rather easy to come by. Why would anyone really worry so much about their FPs. Again this over focus on a readily renewable resource as opposed to an extremely limited one (Space) just seems to fly in the face of all manner of sound strategic thinking.

Oh and btw the conversation was not on the usefulness or superiority of the Oracle that was the side-track that another poster took this conversation in -- which I have stated is NOT what my post was about at all.

************************* Addendum

It just occurred to me part of the reason I did not compare this to other GBs is because that was not my focus when showing the benefit of the Oracle. Instead of looking at it as a GB and it needs to compete against other GBs why not look at it as an upgrade-able Cultural Building. Is there a point in the game where you no longer need Cultural Buildings (if yes) then at that point the Oracle would be of no use but if in every age you can use at least 1 Cultural Building then perhaps the Oracle is a good building to not only have in the early Ages but in the later Ages as well. Just something to mentally chew on. Would like to hear back from those in the much later ages on the need or lack of need for Cultural Buildings.

Agent327

Overlord
I concur that early game is quite a bit different than the later game but as an early game feature it is quite nice.

Absolutely, but it is no building you should bring up through the ages and always keep.

Perhaps like many buildings you end up upgrading this to a different building later on. Of course with the extremely unbalancing ability to acquire any GB of any Age as early as IA currently in place perhaps the true usefulness of the Oracle will never be truly realized. Hopefully Inno will eventually fix that extremely unbalancing feature of the game.

Inno can't really fix it without putting huge limits to the game. It is players that cause these unbalance. Do you think Ino ever meant players to camp in any age?

As far as an FP sink is concerned, I do not fully understand this line of thinking. If you never run out of FPs and FPs (if you know how to farm for them) are rather easy to come by. Why would anyone really worry so much about their FPs. Again this over focus on a readily renewable resource as opposed to an extremely limited one (Space) just seems to fly in the face of all manner of sound strategic thinking.

Cause you always need more to level your GB's even faster.

It just occurred to me part of the reason I did not compare this to other GBs is because that was not my focus when showing the benefit of the Oracle. Instead of looking at it as a GB and it needs to compete against other GBs why not look at it as an upgrade-able Cultural Building. Is there a point in the game where you no longer need Cultural Buildings (if yes) then at that point the Oracle would be of no use but if in every age you can use at least 1 Cultural Building then perhaps the Oracle is a good building to not only have in the early Ages but in the later Ages as well. Just something to mentally chew on. Would like to hear back from those in the much later ages on the need or lack of need for Cultural Buildings.

I find that a rather strange question. You claim you know the game. You claim you advise veterans on ho to play and yet you know nothing about the need of cultural buildings in the later ages?

How long have you been playing?

Vesiger

Monarch
In the later game you can theoretically do without any cultural buildings at all since certain Great Buildings have happiness as a coincidental side-effect in addition to their primary use, and raising them for the one raises the other.

NB so far as I know the Arc was *not* nerfed, though people have been arguing that it ought to be for years.

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
Here is the latest update of what is becoming my twice yearly survey of popular GBs amongst the elites. See previous post on page 4 of this thread for methodology. I only include the top 10 active players from 2 worlds. Previous results are in this thread.

Two new GBs available to the elite players have arrived since the last survey: The Blue Galaxy and the Atlantis Museum.

4 players from the last group of 20 from the 4th survey have been replaced.

here are the latest numbers, in descending order:

1688 Arc
1446 CdM
1370 Alcatraz
1235 AO
1227 Cape
1095 IT
1036 Kraken
1019 CoA
1009 Zeus
870 CF
557 HS
475 The Blue Galaxy
430 ToR
316 Observatory
268 SMB
220 LoA
215 RFP
160 DT
148 Habitat
131 RAH
128 SBC
127 Babel
125 DC
106 seed vault
69 Dresden
66 Atlantis Museum
26 Atomium
19 Gaea
13 Voyager V1
0 ND
0 LT
0 SN
0 Capitol
0 Colosseum

the biggest advances since the fourth survey are:

Cape Canaveral: +404, going from 6th to 5th
Kraken: +338, from 9th to 7th.
IT: +305, from 7th to 6th.
The Blue Galaxy +475, debut position at 12th

and not such a great debut for the Atlantis Museum

decliners:
ToR: -24, down from 11th to 13th
Habitat: -9, down from 16th to 19th

All of the 6 GBs that produce fps with their collection are in the top 11.
All of the 6 GBs that help with fighting are in the top 9

I would not be surprised if the Arc loses first place in the next few years on account of the severe curtailing of return of investment beyond level 80, unlike some of the other GBs currently in the top 10, where the gains continue at the same rate beyond their respective level 80.

I also wonder if availability of BPs for unlocking GB levels is a factor in determining some of the rankings in the top 10. For example, there are probably more BPs for the CdM floating around than there are for some of the GBs that have only been added to the game in more recent years.

We also have the Terracotta Army GB expected to be released with the next era. Given it helps fighting, I expect it will be a top 10 Great Building within a year of release.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend

Ok we'll look at it as a upgradeable Cultural building.

I'm in colonial age and just got 3 ornate baths and a winners plaza from the current worldcup soccer event. Looking at my city to compare these new items to the happiness options in my city as is I realised the oracle I've kept upgrading over the last 10 months to Lvl 6 has less happiness and about the same amount of supplies as just one ornate bath. Also less happiness by far then one winners plaza that's the same size, just instead of supplies it provides attack bonus.

So I have one of two choices, use my FPs elsewhere and get rid of the oracle for a ornate bath, or continue to put FPs into my oracle. If I did Lvl up a Oracle to a high lvl I'd need to first obtain all the BPs

As far as an FP sink is concerned, I do not fully understand this line of thinking. If you never run out of FPs and FPs (if you know how to farm for them) are rather easy to come by. Why would anyone really worry so much about their FPs. Again this over focus on a readily renewable resource as opposed to an extremely limited one (Space) just seems to fly in the face of all manner of sound strategic thinking
Because FPs are not unlimited in the sense of never running out, only renewable at a set pace that you help determine. You can only farm them if you put your resources into investments that allow growth in that area. If you plunge too many FPs into other areas your FP growth will be very small and slow. Consequently your growth in every other area will also be slow. Of course you do need to invest in non-FP infrastructure to support what you spend the FPs on initially, but there;s only so far that'll go before a lack of FPs holds you back from advancing any further

I certainly love the Oracle, it's a great idea as a tutorial and for a starting point it does make things much simpler for a new player. It also allows a way to trade into other GBs in swap threads so you can get other BPs. But its use is becoming less and less relevant long term as new buildings with greater bonuses and combinations come with new events.

DeletedUser112892

So I have one of two choices, use my FPs elsewhere and get rid of the oracle for a ornate bath, or continue to put FPs into my oracle. If I did Lvl up a Oracle to a high lvl I'd need to first obtain all the BPs​
In my city, I am using Alcatraz for hapiness (but also it is very useful to me when it comes to producing units, as I need tons of Rogues).
Deleted Oracle as soon as I've built my two first GBs, LoA and CoA and, before I have built Traz, I used Public Bath from IA for hapiness.
It is everyone's personal choice if you want to level Oracle, but, for myself, I've found it biggest waste amongst all GBs.
However, it is always good to point out to newbies not to push Oracle to higher levels, as with age progression, it becomes totally useless.​

DeletedUser113976

Btw I would like to thank you guys
Emberguard said:
Using this because I do not know how to tag someone
DarkUros222 said:
Using this because I do not know how to tag someone
for your civil replies they are a rather breath of fresh air.

BTW an Ornate Bath is this a premium building?