• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Analysing the real value of Great Buildings

DeletedUser107476

the biggest decliner is the Dynamic Tower, losing 40 points, dragging it down from 17th to 23rd.
This is not surprising as it was a mistake by inno. The dynamic tower is more use in lower eras than higher eras. In FE you can place an iron age goods build if you need the goods, in IA you cannot place an FE goods build. The dynamic towers main boost would of been better on a lower era GB.

DeletedUser14881

Sorry to kind of resurrect this topic. I was reading the analysis and the latest pool results and I'm seeing that Gaea is not being built that much?

Is it that bad than other similar GBs? I was planning to remove my Hagia Sophia, stuck at level 8 forever now, and built Gaea instead. Right away in the level 1, Gaea will give more happiness than my "high" Hagia and the tendency is to become better and better as more and more levels are reached.

But our guild leader is telling me that Hagia is way better but... just because of the extra FPs? Right now only 4 FPs aren't the end of the world to me

Also, I was suggested to build Habitat instead of Inno Tower. Why? True, the progressive population is higher than Inno Tower, but currently, in some periods of the day I still get my city below 120% and a Habitat may get out of control in the future, even if I stop unlocking new levels. And because of my Sea Skycrappers this affects slightly my "economy" (not that I care having 720kk of coins XD)

Not to mention my Inno Tower is already at level 8 and unlocked up to 13, while Habitat will have to start from scratch

DeletedUser110168

Sorry to kind of resurrect this topic. I was reading the analysis and the latest pool results and I'm seeing that Gaea is not being built that much?

Is it that bad than other similar GBs? I was planning to remove my Hagia Sophia, stuck at level 8 forever now, and built Gaea instead. Right away in the level 1, Gaea will give more happiness than my "high" Hagia and the tendency is to become better and better as more and more levels are reached.

But our guild leader is telling me that Hagia is way better but... just because of the extra FPs? Right now only 4 FPs aren't the end of the world to me

Also, I was suggested to build Habitat instead of Inno Tower. Why? True, the progressive population is higher than Inno Tower, but currently, in some periods of the day I still get my city below 120% and a Habitat may get out of control in the future, even if I stop unlocking new levels. And because of my Sea Skycrappers this affects slightly my "economy" (not that I care having 720kk of coins XD)

Not to mention my Inno Tower is already at level 8 and unlocked up to 13, while Habitat will have to start from scratch

As someone who has Gaea, Hagia and Inno this is my reply:

Gaea isn't worth the goods at all, it's a glorified Colosseum, medals are easy to get with arc and happiness will never be a problem with everyone upgrading their trazes as high as they can.

Hagia I support building for one reason: limitless fps. The space of Hagia can fit 10 SOKs, so you would need to get it above lvl 17 in order to make it worth the space. That being said, 10 SOKs will only ever produce 10 fps per day. A Hagia can produce 10, 20, 50 whatever number you want it to. Cape is still cheaper to level based on fps back, but Hagia isn't very difficult to get bps for to begin with, and the rewards make it good for guild swaps with lower aged guys :)

On the issue of Inno vs Habitat. I support Inno over Hab because of the fps you get back. In addition the coins are not really a concern for you, so the real question is: Is the difference in population worth fps to you? If fps outweigh the slight reduction in population, then keep Inno. If population is your sole concern do Hab. Also you have to consider the size: Inno 6x6, Habitat 7x6.

Hope that helps you :)

DeletedUser14881

It certainly helps but it's more focused in a scenario of constant GB growing. I'm not like those top dog players buying tons of diamonds and getting tons of new levels, but I got your point, I'll try to manage my happiness to be at 120% the whole time, not just during my collections.

I didn't find a good looking space for Gaea anyway...

Cuthwolf

Captain
I regret building my Gaea Statue. The medal haul is feeble and much easier to level-up Alcatraz for happiness. Very few players want it so was hard to get it moving.

DeletedUser110168

It certainly helps but it's more focused in a scenario of constant GB growing. I'm not like those top dog players buying tons of diamonds and getting tons of new levels
At the end game, regardless of if you are a top player or not (I'm definitely not haha) the only thing left to do with your fps is level gbs :)

I regret building my Gaea Statue. The medal haul is feeble and much easier to level-up Alcatraz for happiness. Very few players want it so was hard to get it moving.
This!

DeletedUser109385

The medal bonuses of the Colosseum need to be increased honestly, the current number of medals is simply quite poor for the high levels, each level should be worth 10 medals

DeletedUser110168

The medal bonuses of the Colosseum need to be increased honestly, the current number of medals is simply quite poor for the high levels, each level should be worth 10 medals
Even producing 100 medals per day (lvl 10 under your idea), one VT in AF would produce 2x the medals... 6x7 vs 1x1...

DeletedUser109385

Even producing 100 medals per day (lvl 10 under your idea), one VT in AF would produce 2x the medals... 6x7 vs 1x1...
True, more evidence to show that the Colosseum is under powered, I say by Artic Future a player would have had at least 10 victory towers in their city so every 7 days they will get 2000 medals while Colosseum alone only produces 245 every 7 days at level 10 :mad::mad::mad::mad: What a joke. I understand that Colosseum is Iron Age GB but surely it should give more than that for a 6x7 building, lots of FPs are put in the Colosseum while not much work goes into a victory tower, all you have to do is be lucky enough to get one and just place it anywhere in your city. So at level 10 I say Colosseum needs to give 500 medals everyday so every 7 days you get 35000 medals which sounds fair as expansion get very expensive when you use more of them especially in higher ages.

DeletedUser110168

I understand that Colosseum is Iron Age GB but surely it should give more than that for a 6x7 building,
Should it? In order to do that they would also need to raise the medals that Gaea produces, because it doesn't produce very many.

expansion get very expensive when you use more of them especially in higher ages.
Expansions should actually be MORE expensive than they are now, with an arc you can easily rake in 10-30k+ per week if you are just after medals. The costs are too low with Arc.

DeletedUser109385

Should it? In order to do that they would also need to raise the medals that Gaea produces, because it doesn't produce very many.
That would also need to go with Deal as well
But here is what I think each GB can give at level 10, Colosseum: 500 medals Deal: 700 medals Gaea is the smallest GB to give medals so at level 10 should produce 1200
Which means that for each level colosseum gives 50 medal, deal 70 medals and Gaea 120 medals
Expansions should actually be MORE expensive than they are now, with an arc you can easily rake in 10-30k+ per week if you are just after medals. The costs are too low with Arc.
I am definitively against the raise of costs

DeletedUser110168

But here is what I think each GB can give at level 10, Colosseum: 500 medals Deal: 700 medals Gaea is the smallest GB to give medals so at level 10 should produce 1200
Say you have all of them lvl 10, 2400 medals per day. When I can get 10k or more medals from one arc donation, why on earth should I uild these gbs and not fill up that same space with SOKs?

Or for an even better comparison, why should I build these when for the exact same space I could get way more medals with VTs alone?

DeletedUser109385

Or for an even better comparison, why should I build these when for the exact same space I could get way more medals with VTs alone?
Because these GBs alone provide a second boost than medals and they give you medals daily whereas VTs alone give medals every 7 days so with an average 10 VTs you will get 2000 medals every 7 days but with Colosseum alone you would get 3500 medals every 7 days if Colosseum gave 500 medals per day at level 10 plus 4000 happiness which means Colosseum would give more than VTs. If we were to combine all the GBs together at level 10 so that makes 2400 medals everyday! So every 7 days you would get 16800 medals which is a huge amount! That's why you should build these GBs if they each gave that many amount of medals each day.
Say you have all of them lvl 10, 2400 medals per day. When I can get 10k or more medals from one arc donation, why on earth should I uild these gbs and not fill up that same space with SOKs?
Donations can take a while, you are not going to get 10k medals everyday, sometimes donations can take ages and the amount of medals depends on the rank you are in for the arc so it's more difficult to get medals from donations in arc than it is in GBs.

DeletedUser110168

Because these GBs alone provide a second boost than medals
Colo: Happiness
Gaea: Happiness
Deal: Defense

Traz provides plenty of happiness, so that point is moot for both Gaea and Colo. As for Deal, no one builds it for the medals.

10 VTs you will get 2000 medals every 7 days but with Colosseum alone you would get 3500 medals every 7 days if Colosseum gave 500 medals per day at level 10 plus 4000 happiness which means Colosseum would give more than VTs.

So build 20 VTs, get an extra 500 medals for half the squares. Happiness once again is not a problem if you have Traz.

Donations can take a while, you are not going to get 10k medals everyday, sometimes donations can take ages and the amount of medals depends on the rank you are in for the arc so it's more difficult to get medals from donations in arc than it is in GBs.
Depends how you donate. The other day I dropped 600 fps on an arc for first place, got 15k medals back, and I actually made a 1fp profit. While that doesn't happen every day, if you donate fps from inventory in tandem with your production cycle you should easily be able to get 30k medals per week from gbs alone if you are a smart contributor :)

DeletedUser109385

Traz provides plenty of happiness, so that point is moot for both Gaea and Colo. As for Deal, no one builds it for the medals.
Traz is for people who are after more units(Most likely rogues) not for people who are after medals. If you are someone who is after medals then you would build these GBs where not only will you get medals but also something extra which is happiness or defense.
True that most people don't build deal for the medals, I am buildings for the defense it provides as I have been facing aggressive neighbors in the past and for the few medals but mainly for defense!
So build 20 VTs, get an extra 500 medals for half the squares. Happiness once again is not a problem if you have Traz.
Well in that case you will simply have to level your Colosseum beyond level 10 if you want it to give more than 20 VTs and getting VTs is not always easy.
The other day I dropped 600 fps on an arc for first place, got 15k medals back, and I actually made a 1fp profit.
Nice! Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110168

Traz is for people who are after more units(Most likely rogues) not for people who are after medals.
Most of the time medals and units go hand in hand (PvP towers).

Well in that case you will simply have to level your Colosseum beyond level 10 if you want it to give more than 20 VTs and getting VTs is not always easy.
The most successful players begin with the end in mind, they look at where they will be in a year, in 6 months, or even just a month in advance, and they work backwards. Colo is not an end game gb, VTs are indeed end game buildings. VTs advance every age without a reno kit. Colo on the other hand takes fps to level, and will eventually be outdated when they go up a couple eras. When you look at gbs to push beyond 10 you have to think about how good they will be a few eras down the road, and also how important the boost is. If you thought getting the first set to build it originally was a pain, imagine all the dupes you will get going after level 11. Only certain gbs are worth taking above 10, and even fewer are worth taking above 20. Colo and Gaea are not worth taking above 10 because ultimately their boosts will be totally worthless when you start raking in medals with an arc.

DeletedUser109385

Colo and Gaea are not worth taking above 10 because ultimately their boosts will be totally worthless when you start raking in medals with an arc.
don't know much about Gaea but the way the Colosseum is now makes it worthless to get it even at level mid way 8, simply doesn't give a reasonable amount of medals for higher ages that's why the number of medals it gives needs to be increased.

DeletedUser110168

don't know much about Gaea but the way the Colosseum is now makes it worthless to get it even at level mid way 8, simply doesn't give a reasonable amount of medals for higher ages that's why the number of medals it gives needs to be increased.
Even with the increase in medals they are worthless compared to what you can rake in from gb donations.