• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Alternate Quest Lines

DeletedUser110732

Proposal:
I would Propose that Inno provide Alternate ways to complete Certain Quests!

Reason:
I find myself in the position where I have an extremely poor choice. I can either complete the maypole quests forcing me to move into the LMA Area or stop doing the Quest and lose access to a Unique Item!
We all play our games to our own Dynamic! Many of of us Stay in a Particular Era in order to build our accounts and set them up for the next Era so we can repel attacks and compete in GE without losing our entire Army's due to a lack of GB and Defence Bonuses. So when Inno comes along and creates Quests where you "HAVE" to Research a Tech you are placed into a Position where you refuse and lose access to a Unique Item or you do the Quest forcing you into the next Era where High Level players will farm you out of existence!

Details:
The way to resolve this Issue is Extremely Easy. Simply provide players with an Alternate Quest for that Quest-line! They already do it for Plundering Quests!! Giving you an Option to Plunder a player or Take Over 2 Sectors! Why Can they not do the same for Research a Technology? I am fairly new to the game but surely as the programming for Alternate Quests is already in place it wouldn't be all that difficult to set an alternate Quest. Which Quest I have no idea but one that Allows a player to maintain his or her own game Dynamic without being FORCED to change that Dynamic!
An even easier Answer would be to maintain the same Quest but allow a completed yet Unlocked research to count! If the intent is to get Players to use Fp's then they are still being used. The only thing that isn't is the Goods required to Unlock a Quest and they all vary anyway!!

Either answer of an Alternate Quest to complete or allowing and Completed Yet Unlocked Research to count would make a valuable change to players allowing them Choice to play the game they pay for in tune to their Own Gaming Dynamic rather than being forced to play the Game Inno's way!! After all the game belongs to the Users and we are the ones that pay for the right to play!

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I dont believe Players can Abuse this is anyway!

DeletedUser103370

+1
Absolutely agreed, I missed out several events exactly because of the research quests. I usually research everything in one go when I level up, then I stay in that age for as long as I'm ready to move on to the next one. Research quests should always have an alternative, not only sometimes. Also I don't understand what about the ones, who already researched everything... They just can't complete the chain?

DeletedUser110195

What you mean, is add alternatives to more quests. I too would like at least an alternative way to get by the research quests of events, I have no intention of moving up an age and will miss the second upgrade this event.

DeletedUser110051

i agree with this also, we need more quest lines in these events, i get stuck with this all the time, this needs to be sorted for future events.

DeletedUser108240

• +1
But I have found an even easier alternative:
  • DONT DO THE EVENTS.

Event buildings loose their value after an age or 2, Then you need rejuvenation kits or one-ups to bring them closer to your age and that just postpone the problem of the useless event buildings by an age or 2. They are rarely pretty, and the few that are are usually so tall that they destroy click-ability for several squares behind them. And rejuvenation kits and one-ups are becoming more and more rare. It is a no-win situation with no remedy.

So I have stopped doing events. All I do is the short term quests that can be done without interrupting my overall growth plan. Events just are not eventful enough to be worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16126

-1, I don't like that people decide to stay in the same age.
I got robbed daily in PE, by another guy who was still in PE, but had a high level CDM, alcatraz, orangery, zeus and who was raiding everyone with PME units!
Many people that stay in the same age have GB's that are way overpowering the other players or are players that are using those cites only as diamond farms, so I don't like to give them any benefit at all. This game is about forging if you decide not to do then take the consequences...

DeletedUser103370

I got robbed daily in PE, by another guy who was still in PE, but had a high level CDM, alcatraz, orangery, zeus and who was raiding everyone with PME units!
Many people that stay in the same age have GB's that are way overpowering the other players or are players that are using those cites only as diamond farms, so I don't like to give them any benefit at all. This game is about forging if you decide not to do then take the consequences...

This logic is bleeding from a hundred wounds...
First of all, just because you don't like how others advance in the game, should not be a decisive factor if a proposal is good or not.
Second, you have the possibility to stay in the same age just like others, if you rush through ages mindlessly, blame yourself!
Third, it's not a "benefit" if you get an alternative way to do a quest-line, but another possible of a strategy in your hand how to play the game.
And finally, your last sentence is simply nonsense. What does it mean "this game is about forging"? Please explain where is that rule, which forces you to not stop in an age for as long as you'd like?

DeletedUser16126

This logic is bleeding from a hundred wounds...
First of all, just because you don't like how others advance in the game, should not be a decisive factor if a proposal is good or not.
Second, you have the possibility to stay in the same age just like others, if you rush through ages mindlessly, blame yourself!
Third, it's not a "benefit" if you get an alternative way to do a quest-line, but another possible of a strategy in your hand how to play the game.
And finally, your last sentence is simply nonsense. What does it mean "this game is about forging"? Please explain where is that rule, which forces you to not stop in an age for as long as you'd like?
If you look to all the promotion material of this game then it is clear that the game is intended to progress, it's not a rule.

There is no rule to forbid diamond farms (I have many), but I cope with the consequences...)

But I can say that the last change in neighbourhood selection was to avoid the big difference in power between players in the same hood.
If you stay in the same age are just getting the force to overpower the other players. And most of the time those attackers will come back 10 times a day to plunder your goods. This will slow down the normal play of people that want to play the game in the way it is promoted. That's a pitty.

DeletedUser103370

If you look to all the promotion material of this game then it is clear that the game is intended to progress, it's not a rule.

There is no rule to forbid diamond farms (I have many), but I cope with the consequences...)

But I can say that the last change in neighbourhood selection was to avoid the big difference in power between players in the same hood.
If you stay in the same age are just getting the force to overpower the other players. And most of the time those attackers will come back 10 times a day to plunder your goods. This will slow down the normal play of people that want to play the game in the way it is promoted. That's a pitty.

Of course, I'm progressing too, just not without stopping from time to time, until I'm ready to go further!
And yeah, as I mentioned somewhere else, it happened to me too, a guy was harassing me for weeks, but he was two ages higher, that's why I couldn't do much.
But you can't draw a parallel between someone staying in an age for longer, and being a dick :)
I mean believe me or not, I never plunder except if it's needed for a quest, hell I don't even attack, only if I'm attacked, or protecting the guild.
On the other hand I understand those who do it too, different people enjoy different aspects. If the game was only about progressing through ages and building cities, there wouldn't be PVP, GE, or GVG either.

I think you must find the proper balance between all those, to be successful, and that's the key.

DeletedUser16126

Please understand also other opinions... different people have different opinions.
And this forum is to get a view on all the opinions.
If I say I don't like that people stay in the same age, then it is my opinion. And I gave a good description on why I have that opinion.
In fact I even don't agree that you shall defend your opinion, so just -1 and +1 shall even be enough.

DeletedUser109935

+1 especially an alternative to clearing a province and scouting a province.

DeletedUser109966

What a load of twaddle; if you choose the strategy of 'forging on' you get rewarded with more points, greater resources, greater access to a range of free BP's, on-going story-line quests and can generate more power points for your guild... that is quite a cost a player who chooses not to rush age to age has to adjust for ... you play the game that is put in front of you in a way that gives you most enjoyment... but it appears you'd also prefer that players that advance at a slower rate also have their options reduced to take part in events as well simply because they don't play the same way as you??.... poppycock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandelynn

Corporal
Proposal:
I would Propose that Inno provide Alternate ways to complete Certain Quests!

Reason:
I find myself in the position where I have an extremely poor choice. I can either complete the maypole quests forcing me to move into the LMA Area or stop doing the Quest and lose access to a Unique Item!
We all play our games to our own Dynamic! Many of of us Stay in a Particular Era in order to build our accounts and set them up for the next Era so we can repel attacks and compete in GE without losing our entire Army's due to a lack of GB and Defence Bonuses. So when Inno comes along and creates Quests where you "HAVE" to Research a Tech you are placed into a Position where you refuse and lose access to a Unique Item or you do the Quest forcing you into the next Era where High Level players will farm you out of existence!

Details:
The way to resolve this Issue is Extremely Easy. Simply provide players with an Alternate Quest for that Quest-line! They already do it for Plundering Quests!! Giving you an Option to Plunder a player or Take Over 2 Sectors! Why Can they not do the same for Research a Technology? I am fairly new to the game but surely as the programming for Alternate Quests is already in place it wouldn't be all that difficult to set an alternate Quest. Which Quest I have no idea but one that Allows a player to maintain his or her own game Dynamic without being FORCED to change that Dynamic!
An even easier Answer would be to maintain the same Quest but allow a completed yet Unlocked research to count! If the intent is to get Players to use Fp's then they are still being used. The only thing that isn't is the Goods required to Unlock a Quest and they all vary anyway!!

Either answer of an Alternate Quest to complete or allowing and Completed Yet Unlocked Research to count would make a valuable change to players allowing them Choice to play the game they pay for in tune to their Own Gaming Dynamic rather than being forced to play the Game Inno's way!! After all the game belongs to the Users and we are the ones that pay for the right to play!

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I dont believe Players can Abuse this is anyway!

Mandelynn

Corporal
So did this idea got shot down...again? This isn't the first thread on this. Its been requested for years and nothing changes.
I too am not ready to advance into the next era but will have to to play the special events. I have had to skip most of them and might do the summer one depending on what it offers. Thats a big maybe.
I do want to play them and feel pushed if I do so I don't play and watch from the sidelines.

So, this gets asked every year until someone shuts down the thread then pops up again with a new thread with no results.
Sad. The older players pretty much get left out and I would think those are the ones the game needs most since they have endured for so long and it would be nice to add an even they can play without the request to complete a technology/advancing.
I'm not even an old player and feel that pain about not wanting to advance yet.

Mandelynn

Corporal
"As a side note: we've heard your feedback about the research quest condition and we'd like to let you know that this questline contains an alternative. If you're interested in details of our general approach to quest conditions, you can learn more in this thread on our Beta forum".

Okay, good I hope. lol afraid of what the alternative is. Haven't looked yet but thanks for the heads up on this.

Mandelynn

Corporal
Quest 5:

Rinbin: "Acquire 2 sectors without fighting" and "Spend 11 Forge Points"

Well that's disappointing, thought they weren't going to advance us there.