• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Alterations to the Egypt Settlement?

Hi all,

I speak with many players on global and in whisper and private chats. I have my own thoughts on the new Egypt settlement, and I have heard many others. Most of what I have heard is that players feel the settlement takes too long and they lose interest. I have found myself even forgetting to check in on it. So here are two ideas that could spice it up :D

First, incidents. Place incidents in the settlement from time to time so people can gain a few pottery, or grain, or coins, or whatever from time to time. If people are getting kind of bored with how long it is taking, then find a way to make them come back more often, with the hope of advancement through little things like incidents.

Second: How about, each time we enter the settlement, one of 20 different ancient Egyptian curses gets unleashed and washes over the settlement for 5-10 seconds, just for a fun visual effect. Heck, I'd visit every 15 minutes to see that.

Point is, people seem to be forgetting about the settlement and want to abandon it. It needs a few things to make it more interesting, given the length of time it requires to complete it.

Any thoughts?

DeletedUser96901

too long ?

I needed less than 12 days and 6 hours
yesterday I started round 2

that was faster than any other settlement first round

Also, compared to the rest of the game, it seems impossible to win any battles without sacrificing 90% of your troops
thanks for proving it
players don't even know how to really fight. they only use autobattle combined with a huge attack bonus

in the good old days we had only Archers. no boosts and we rocked the game. we even went to LMA on the continent
because we knew what units we need. Archers. nothing else
(to get in EMA, HMA, LMA towers I still used 7 Archers + the 1 ranged unit of that era. Archers were so ****ing great and only needed 2x2 space in the city)

and this settlement is basically the same

I need only 3 Nubian Archer Camps and last round I only lost (retreated) one battle.
a hard combination that can't be defeated by Archers
most easy and medium fights with no lost units, only a few damaged one.s

some players even say 2 Nubian Archer Camps are enough. maybe I try this in a later round when the x4 hits also on the loot and the additional loot would make it possible to support more than 4 goods buildings

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

20 curses sounds interesting !
Fighting is not so hard, i fight on auto Easy and Normal with 2-5 soldiers loss

Andrew420

Major
Right now you are wasting everybody's time.
Not much different then what you do here
4780 posts and 90% of them either telling someone to use search function or that their idea is stupid
On a servers forum that you dont even play on (TOTAL WASTE OF TIME)
You are doing this on other forums as well so that much effort has a reason
I highly doubt its to educate players on the proper use of forum

Agent327

Overlord
Not much different then what you do here
4780 posts and 90% of them either telling someone to use search function or that their idea is stupid
On a servers forum that you dont even play on (TOTAL WASTE OF TIME)
You are doing this on other forums as well so that much effort has a reason
I highly doubt its to educate players on the proper use of forum

trophy.jpg

Jealous?