• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Alteration of "GB Available" text

DeletedUser97579

Proposal:

Modify the Under the "This player has one of more Great Buildings where you can participate" text to something more useful - a list of the GBs available and their current progress.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Had a look around. There is one request for a global list - http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?13423-Search-for-specific-Great-Building - but not quite the same.

Reason:

Ease of play. If I'm looking for a specific GB to contribute to in order to obtain a blueprint - it would be easier to see from my own screen who has it. This would save loading their entire city and then scrolling around to look.

Details / Visual Aids:

Modify this:

a3hk2Bz.png

To contain (for example) the GBs available, their current level and progress towards the next.

Fi2st43.png

Balance:

No issues. This improves playability not the ease of the game.

Abuse Prevention:

None noted. This isn't giving anything that couldn't be seen in a (fairly long and convoluted) manual way..

DeletedUser

seems a good idea really in the sense like you say this would save time as you search through the lists.

DeletedUser7719

I still think it needs the former tool-tip somewhere in there (what do you think a beginner is going to think when they see that?), but I do agree with the idea, so +1 from me

DeletedUser16026

+1 for the idea, though I'll second what byeordie has said. And need to make sure those stats are updated in real time, if someone drops fps since I've be logged in the game, that should update within the stats.

DeletedUser97579

I was thinking about a distinct table for the above that admins of a guild could see for their members - including available reward slots (to help with GB clubs etc., arranging for all guild members to build up Observatory blueprints) and remembered about this thread. I thought I'd look it up to see how/if it had progressed.

There are lots in this "ideas" forum (going back to 2012) that get pretty much all upvotes .... and then disappear into oblivion.
Does anyone know what sort of conversion rate these ideas have - how many from this forum actually get implemented?

I can appreciate that the devs don't have time to read them all in here - but are any summarised / brought to their attention?
Even with threads that get all positive feedback, I see that the last one that has been moved into the "Great Ideas" folder by the mods was started 16 months ago :|

I have several more ideas that could bring enhancements to the game - but if they're to be posted here, everyone (~ish) agrees ... then they fade into obscurity - then it's just going to bring frustration to everyone involved.

DeletedUser99409

hehe people don't take time to read city description but you still need thorough info about GBs without entering the city? Strange idea, for me News section in Town Hall with numbers for my previous donations are absolutely enough.

DeletedUser2989

It would be nice to have that tooltip be more useful and this would be a good way to do it. +1

DeletedUser65431

Might as well do away with the cities altogether and turn the game into a series of lists and spreadsheets. -1

Amy Steele

General
+1 from me for this one :)

It's a pain at the moment trying to figure out which of my guildies/friends/neighbours might have a GB I would wish to participate in, which is at the right level to ensure I get the returns I need from it. It's hit or miss searching through every single city, and takes an enormous amount of time (which frankly I don't have).

Apologies for straying a little off topic here, but i wanted to address Sunyata's point:

There are lots in this "ideas" forum (going back to 2012) that get pretty much all upvotes .... and then disappear into oblivion.
Does anyone know what sort of conversion rate these ideas have - how many from this forum actually get implemented?

I can appreciate that the devs don't have time to read them all in here - but are any summarised / brought to their attention?
Even with threads that get all positive feedback, I see that the last one that has been moved into the "Great Ideas" folder by the mods was started 16 months ago :|

I have several more ideas that could bring enhancements to the game - but if they're to be posted here, everyone (~ish) agrees ... then they fade into obscurity - then it's just going to bring frustration to everyone involved.

From what I can piece together (not having been a forum member quite long enough) there was some kind of disaster with the ideas forum around late summer 2012, and many ideas were lost. It seems to have been almost untouched since then, for reasons unknown to me, though some ideas have been implemented. I am currently slowly working my way through the existing threads, with a view to completely re-organising the ideas forum, along the lines of the bug report forum, with new ideas coming in, and progressing through the different categories/sub-forums, culminating (for the best ideas) in an 'Implemented' sub-forum.

This way players will easily be able to see at what stage an idea is, and also be able to see just how many ideas from the player base have actually made it into the game. Unfortunately, with the forum being at the moment such a vast and tangled mess, having been untouched for so long and with many ideas having been suggested more than once, it will take quite some time to see what's there and to produce some kind of index, which step will be necessary before the whole can be successfully re-organised.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any ideas as to exactly what shape they would like the ideas forum to take, please add your suggestions in the Ideas for the Ideas Forum thread.

Apologies again for straying off-topic :)

Surge

Brigadier-General
From what I can piece together (not having been a forum member quite long enough) there was some kind of disaster with the ideas forum around late summer 2012, and many ideas were lost.

The story when it happened was that the devs were closed to ideas temporarily. Quite a bit like the guides section, too - it was locked for a little over a month without any explanation, and the forum seemed fine to me. Then again, we had fewer mods than we have right now, so it was tougher to look over every little bit of the forum.