• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Allow us to mute/leave a thread

DeletedUser

UPDATED JULY 13th 2015

Proposal: Allow us to leave or mute a thread in the Message Center.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: Yes. Overtype's idea is not similar, but it's regarding the improvement of the same area of the game: The Message Center.

Reason: In a busy guild, the Message Center icon is blinking more than a Christmas tree. Many players avoid going in the Message Center because it's often a useless thread for them (ex: FP swap threads). And I know for a fact that many players hate to see the Message Center icon blink, they open it and close it, to make it stop blinking and forget to read important threads. It is known in many active guilds.

Details:

1- Leave a thread would allow us to remove our name from a conversation, it would update the list of members in the thread. For example, when a GvG situation is in an era we cannot participate, we can leave the conversation and we will not see it again in our Message Center. Leaders, others could see the updated members list. Just like a group chat on FB. It's not really a chat, but a mass message, but you can see who leaves, who's added.

2- Mute a conversation, like on FB. It will not remove the thread from our Message Center, but it will not make the Message Center icon blink either. For example, threads about guild activities, such as donations, FP swaps, trades, we could mute those if we want, but other important guild threads will not be muted and when the Message Center icon blinks, it's because a message is posted in a non-muted thread.

Visual Aids: Self explanatory I think?

Balance/Abuse Prevention: N/A

Summary: The Message Center need serious improvement. It is directly responsible for players not being properly informed, because of the heavy activity. These two ideas would make the Message Center more useful, less a deterrent.

Reck

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

Hi Recksters, I found two other ideas along the lines of "leaving a thread":
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?28784-Deleted-mails-stay-deleted
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?9170-Add-or-remove-players-from-email-conversation

The "deleted mails" idea (the first link) is very similar to your first point, but it ties the "leave thread" function in with the "delete thread" function and perhaps not everyone would want to leave all the threads they delete? The second idea restricts the ability to people with a certain guild right, so a more restrictive version of what your asking for. The Mute idea is original, not sure how useful I'd find it myself but adding the option to mute/un-mute a conversation sounds nice.

So I give this a +1 overall as I think if we are going to implement a "leave message thread" function that it should be useable by everyone (unlike the two similar ideas I found).

DeletedUser

Good finds, Tankovy.

I agree that guild leaders should be able to add/remove people from threads. It is quite annoying having to redo so many threads.

I know for a fact that useless threads for players are making many open the Message Center and close it, so it stops blinking and they often forget to read important messages.

I will edit the 'Leave' part, to add more details, but yes, my idea is to also update the list of members in the thread, so that others/leaders can see if some are missing. Like on FB.

I prefer the mute/un-mute, like on FB. You can see the activity, it just doesn't make the Message Center blink. Like on FB.

Reck