• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Allow the plundering of Great Buildings:

DeletedUser110179

+1
I will be happy to plunder high level Capes and get 80 FP :lol:

and btw: if they aren't ready: level them up and they are ready ;)
Lol ... too funny.

With the absence of GvG on the app and the option to negotiate GE, it (plundering GBs) may be the only way to generate an interest in battle skills.
As things stand now ... FoE could be labelled as a world a of pick-pockets and penny pilferers.
Being able to plunder GBs would certainly open the doors to grand theft ... and a world of heroic villains (see The Italian Job and First Great Train Robbery).

There are two kinds of people in the world ... those that take and those that receive. Those that receive are akin to lechers and parasites.

DeletedUser111090

-1 it does too many damage to players..this way the atlantis miseum will be the top great buildig.if someone plunders my lvl 60 cape he has a chance to get 120 fp..not so good this idea

Agent327

Overlord
you would plunder what the GB produces. and if that is from higher era than you get that

if you plunder a higher era goods building what do you get ?
correct: rewards from a higher era :lol:

so it doesn't matter if he is sure or not:
that is how the game works

Ah, I understand. If you have an idea you are not allowed to come up with something new. You have to stick to how the game works.

Start with letting us be able to plunder a Traz: You win a battle, get in the city and the Traz production is ready! You plunder it and get home some war prisoner soldiers to add to your own army. Again as they would be <less inclined to fight for you> if say the Traz production was 12 units and the city era you attack is Modern, well you could get 12 lower era units instead, kinda to reflect the level of how inclined the new soldiers prisoners would fight for you now.
1f642.png
Or you can leave it at whatever the Traz would have given anywa, perhaps an even better reward for the successful attacker.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

-1 Beating other players defense on this game is quite easy, I don't see any reason in rewarding pillagers further.
I guess there are very few sharks in the sea ...
sometimes you need a big incentive to get players out of "defense mode" and into a more lucrative career.

Most people are happy in their poverty (hence the popularity of the Robin Hood myth ... to take from the rich and give to the poor).

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Darth trust me, I am not saying this cause of myself personaly, atm i am 27th in rank and 1st in hood and i would get HUGE HUGE profit from your idea, but some servers are dying slowly but surely, with your idea rich and strong would be even stronger and more rich and 'weak' would stagnate and eventualy quit the game and we have to many players wich quit in last few months anyway.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks! Certain posts in this thread have been deleted or edited because they were either off-topic, or otherwise in breach of our rules. Please remember to confine your comments to the idea presented at the start of the thread, and also to remain polite and respectful of the views of other players. Should you see a post that breaches any of our rules, please report it so that the moderators can deal with it, rather than responding to it, thank you :)

DeletedUser109227

Darth trust me, I am not saying this cause of myself personaly, atm i am 27th in rank and 1st in hood and i would get HUGE HUGE profit from your idea, but some servers are dying slowly but surely, with your idea rich and strong would be even stronger and more rich and 'weak' would stagnate and eventualy quit the game and we have to many players wich quit in last few months anyway.

See, I am unsure that the stronger would be the only one to benefit. The more I think about it the more I think the weaker player would get a kick at the can. See, now with the new hood, everybody can attack everybody, which is so awesome. You may have a weak defense, but with a bit of GB increasing your attack, and with a little kick from the tavern boost, playing the right unit and moving using terrain bonus can make a #60 in the hood totally breach defenses of the top guys. Imagine those top guys (like me) having now to hide under a tavern shield because the little guys figured out it was worth it to try and attack (although I would NEVER pay tavern silver to hide under a blanket for 2 days lol).

I had gotten bored at one point of plundering meager 20 goods, but now with the Maharajas and terrace it is fun again to plunder. I am telling you, with the possibility for a little guy to plunder poor Nuredin (higher up in the tread,already crying at the thought someone could plunder his level 60 Cape LOL) and steal 120fp, I think the little guys would fast let go the farming business and enter battle mode and become neighborhood fighters quite rapidly :)

But then again, if the reason that we cannot plunder great building is that it would affect the core of the game, the game integrity or balance, well then this entire tread should be deleted. Yet I am still dreaming of attacking a hoodie, plundering his level 30 traz and bringing home soldier prisoners that will now fight in my army :)

DeletedUser110179

See, I am unsure that the stronger would be the only one to benefit.
During the Great Depression, Black Death in the 1350's and demise of the Dinosaurs ...
there were always keen opportunists to "carry the baton".

Perhaps a little opportunity for greatness will separate the men from the sheep ... and the fool from his empire.
There is no point in replanting the fallen tree.

At one time agriculture was predominant ... then industry, computers and now, robotics.
Maybe FoE needs an equivalent upheavel in pursuit of a greater (FoE) world order.

369-uskudarli-genclere-egitim-ve-istihdam-destegi20150825-112749-uskudar-haberler_790x365.jpg

DeletedUser110339

I do not like this idea.. sorry.. lol.. there is plenty of things to plunder and inno will lose a lot of players including myself :) .. the game will only be for higher players.. so, no thank you.. :)

DeletedUser112660

I don´t understand how funny may be stealing a mate. :? I only attack for points and for fun.
I never plunder because my neighbor is my companion too. People that enjoy to rob have already lots of buildings to be happy but if they begin to sack GBs the environment of the game will become violent and some of us will leave.

Dead-Eye

General
As much as I love ravaging, looting. and pillaging my hood I think some things need to be off limits when it comes to plundering. I am quite happy with the loot I come away with as it is. Besides, the weaker players need to be left with something.

DeletedUser112027

As much as I love ravaging, looting. and pillaging my hood I think some things need to be off limits when it comes to plundering. I am quite happy with the loot I come away with as it is. Besides, the weaker players need to be left with something.

I totally agree. I think it is awesome that the Developers (May Their Name be Praised) haven't nerfed the pillaging feature of FoE. When you are new, or just figured FoE's main purpose for being was for you to have your own private play house, it can be startling to have your 5 wine plucked out of your vineyard.

<points to self>"Pirate!"</pointing>

Nonetheless, GBs are an effort to build, are a big investment, and as an added reward it's also cool that they can't be touched.

E.

Emberguard

Legend
The only way I'd say yes to this being fair is if the defence army were allowed a second wave that would be optional for the enemy to fight after they've finished the first wave, but required to defeat if they want to plunder a GB (and the attacker would only have a single set of units to work with)

And I'd want the second wave to be by default 8 spearmen not just 2.

DeletedUser113088

I wouldn't mind it if it happened b/c i'm big enough to defend my city but I worry it might drive away young players that are much lower ages since I could easily plunder them daily. Not opposed but worried for the game if it happens.

Agent327

Overlord
I wouldn't mind it if it happened b/c i'm big enough to defend my city but I worry it might drive away young players that are much lower ages since I could easily plunder them daily. Not opposed but worried for the game if it happens.

No one is big enough to defend his/her city.