• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Allow the plundering of Great Buildings:

DeletedUser109227

I am unsure of the true reason why in the game that there are buildings you cannot plunder. I mean you marched successfully on the city with your army, there should not be any building with a shield! AND, Inno could release this gradually, a bit like when government want to change something, they do it little by little so that the whiners wont go gungho all at once.

Start with letting us be able to plunder a Traz: You win a battle, get in the city and the Traz production is ready! You plunder it and get home some war prisoner soldiers to add to your own army. Again as they would be <less inclined to fight for you> if say the Traz production was 12 units and the city era you attack is Modern, well you could get 12 lower era units instead, kinda to reflect the level of how inclined the new soldiers prisoners would fight for you now.
1f642.png
Or you can leave it at whatever the Traz would have given anywa, perhaps an even better reward for the successful attacker.
When peeps get this going and it works, Then add other GB one can plunder, until we can plunder them all....but Zeus I guess
1f642.png

Like today I aim mainly for the Maharaja,s palace or the terrace, I would then by far target a TRAZ and arrive home with prisoners of wars :) :) Or 10fp from high level CdM that was ready for collection :)

I totally see this increasing the PvP play as it would be so worth it. I bet there would be less and less 2 spearman defenses. One would think about that a bit more and the plundering and neighborhood actions would get 10x more fun!

Perhaps, just perhaps to please the peeps that plays this game like FarmVille, the GB could have 2 options: Start production, or Halt production. That way like a production building, you can offset the time of collection as a tentative defense

Last edited by a moderator:
-1 Just in case you're thinking of plundering a high level hood GB, I can guarantee you that coordinated attacks by many alliance members in your hood would make your city come to a standstill.

Perhaps, just perhaps to please the peeps that plays this game like FarmVille, the GB could have 2 options: Start production, or Halt production. That way like a production building, you can offset the time of collection as a tentative defense

This particular option would make plundering a GB pretty much mute anyway.

DeletedUser96901

Just in case you're thinking of plundering a high level hood GB, I can guarantee you that coordinated attacks by many alliance members in your hood would make your city come to a standstill.
I would love to see them fail :lol:

the GB could have 2 options: Start production, or Halt production.
the halt production is already there:
disconnect from the road ;)

DeletedUser109227

I know plundering is a HOT topic to say the least and it is bound to stir up the eternal <I play like SimCity and I whine> vs <I play the game for this part and I love it> debate. Far from what I am looking for :(
What I would truly like to hear, and I am not sure if any have the answer is: Why is plundering a GB not a possibility? Not based on each preferences, we can love or hate, but the impact on the game itself...
If the reason is that this would disrupt the game flow or equilibrium or the game matrix, this is one thing. But if the reason is it is only because Inno caved in for the whiners, perhaps we should whine too :)
Imagine the fun, seriously, imagine how fun the neighborhood would become!!!!! Serious fun! I get wet just thinking about it

DeletedUser

What I would truly like to hear, and I am not sure if any have the answer is: Why is plundering a GB not a possibility? Not based on each preferences, we can love or hate, but the impact on the game itself...
If the reason is that this would disrupt the game flow or equilibrium or the game matrix, this is one thing. But if the reason is it is only because Inno caved in for the whiners, perhaps we should whine too

I do not know why Inno decided that somethings should be plunderable and other things shouldn't. I don't know why you can't plunder Wishing Wells or Victory Towers but you can plunder Mahrajah's Palaces. In the same way, I don't know why special residential buildings can be motivated and thus protected from plundering while special productions buildings can't. I can have a few guesses, though.

I can think of three reasons: balance, player base, and social interactions.

All of them stem from one same thing: how to make the biggest amount of money possible. For that, you need a stable, reasonable big player base, ways to keep it interested in the game, and ways to spend while making the game playable for free.

But let's start from the beginning. Balance. Great Buildings can have huge productions, stuff like 30, 40, 80, 120 FP in one day and even more. I guess that if you could steal, say 80 FP from 7 players in a good day, that would be a bit too big an increase of power and give you too big an advantage over players who aren't as lucky and vigilant as you. While good playstyle ought to be rewarded, you can't have the five top players absolutely dominate everyone else without serious detriment to the game.
On a side note, there are things, such as LoA's bonus to productions or DT's aid, that I'm not sure how easy or difficult would be to code.

Let's go to player base. What players love or hate actually has an impact on the game. Remember, we need a big, stable player base to make sure we can generate as much income for the game as possible. Those players that you say that want to play FarmVille, do not want to play FarmVille, they want to play Forge of Empires. They just would rather not get plundered. There are many players who thoroughly enjoy GE, GvG, and even neighbourhood fights who nonetheless would rather not have the plundering feature. If you push plundering too hard, you run the risk of driving them away, thus decreasing your player base. This means that some players who actually like plundering would also leave the game, as they would not find it as appealing (less easy victims, less players in general, several reasons). Great Buildings are nice because they give big stuff and are always safe. If you take that away, there's less incentive to actually work on getting and upgrading them. Less incentive means that less people will undertake it. Since right now it is one of the big things that keep players in the game, that means that less players would remain interested in the game for a long while.

This leads us to the last point: social interactions. One of the ways to encourage players to log in the game is the social interaction system, both aiding and plundering play a role in this. Since you can be plundered, you had better come back in time to collect your productions before somebody else takes them (incidentally, this is also why the combat system is so out of whack, if you heavily favour the attacker, the only real defence is to log in in time to collect one's productions, it is an encouragement to get on the game more often). But aiding helps prevent plunder! So guilds ask their members to aid a few times a week (plus you get coins, blueprints and other goodies). So there goes another incentive to log in every day.
This point does not directly relate to Great Buildings, as they can't be motivated anyway. I just thought I'd throw it for the sake of a more complete answer.

These are my thoughts anyway.

DeletedUser109227

Wow, Pink Buffoon, this HAS GOT TO BE the most intelligent response to be ever answered on ANY treads EVER in the history of FOE. I am serious. With this into perspective, I feel like putting a -1 to my own suggestion LOL.
Seriously though, I think it makes a lot of sense, we do have to get that balance, you are sooooo right. But let just do it for one GB shall we? Just to add a 'Prisoner of War' aspect. Even if you only get one unit for every 10 unit produce by the other player traz. How about this as a compromise and we would not touch any other GB :)

Actually, I think that this incentive would tend to make smaller or players with less experience dare to attack the top guys in the hood, which would be awesome. I will sound strange, and I know I am, but I tend to be in the top 5 of the hood, and I really enjoy when a player dare to attack me. I watch the replay every time and am genuinely happy for them when they get to, barely, breach my defense and get a stab at my collection :)

DeletedUser

Actually, I think that this incentive would tend to make smaller or players with less experience dare to attack the top guys in the hood, which would be awesome. I will sound strange, and I know I am, but I tend to be in the top 5 of the hood, and I really enjoy when a player dare to attack me. I watch the replay every time and am genuinely happy for them when they get to, barely, breach my defense and get a stab at my collection :)

I do think that you're hitting on something very relevant here. The guys on the top on the neighbourhood look really scary. More often than not it is guys with Arc, Alcatraz, Rogue Hideouts, high level attacking GBs..., even at low ages. It is intimidating. But the unbalance of the PvP system works against big players too, especially at low ages. I learned very quickly that the best way to keep big fish out of my backyard was to join their league. I may not be able to prevent them from breaking my defence, but I sure can break theirs. There's always that odd player that is so odd of my league that it's not worth the bother, of course, but I'm getting there.

Sorry, I'm going off on a tangent here. I do think that it would create an interesting system if there was something that showed smaller players that most defences are breakable, and that small players have a chance against big players too.

DeletedUser109227

Unsure what he meant, but the way I presented it was like an incentive.

Agent327

Overlord
because the city of your neighbor is in the next era including a military building of that era
and therefore you would get units of the next era :blush:

Yeah right. Next Era is most likely to be Oceanic part 7, so I really need that. Besides that in his proposal he is not sure about getting rewards from a higher era.

nice that you never plunder
because you can get everything you could plunder from GE :lol:

Read what I said again and then give it another try.

DeletedUser96901

Besides that in his proposal he is not sure about getting rewards from a higher era.
you would plunder what the GB produces. and if that is from higher era then you get that

if you plunder a higher era goods building what do you get ?
correct: rewards from a higher era :lol:

so it doesn't matter if he is sure or not:
that is how the game works