• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Alliance, anyone?

DeletedUser

HEY!

im new to this game. i originate from Grepolis, another innogames game... idk if there are any alliances for this game as there was in grepolis, but does anyone want to make a NAP (non-aggression pact) with me? it states that we wont attack each other and we can depend on each other for support when needed. lemme know guys, thanks!

-geko4740

DeletedUser276

no naps in this game. And no Alliances yet. Attacks are the name of the game. The more you do the better off you are.

DeletedUser

no naps in this game....

exactly what he said, ain't no rest for the wicked buddy, don't worry too much about attacks unless you only log in 3x a week, and you're setting production to the 2 day cycle....

DeletedUser

alright... well i just thought it would help to form a group of players, most likely the top 5, that dominate everyone... lol. I have another question, too....

We are all playing on the world called Brisgard. But i am ranked #4 in my world, with 7000 points. I have seen posts of people in brisgard that have over 1million points. HOW IN THE WORLD AM I #4?! lol this baffles my mind.

-geko

DeletedUser

the mods will have a better reply than mine , but basically geko you are in a group of 80 players in your ' area '.
and there are lots of replica areas on brisgard , all consisting of 80 players.
i think :)

DeletedUser

okay.... the way the game described it was that the list on the bottom only showed the most powerful players in the entire world. that got me a little confused, thanks for clearing it up... Now, another question... soz im new lol

is it possible in any way to lend someone coins? or possibly give it to them as a gift? im running dry and need more troops lol

DeletedUser276

nah the list is your neighborhood.

and no only way to gain gold coins and supplies is to build them yourself or steal a little at a time from your neighbors.

DeletedUser

mk thanks... so.. this list is my neighberhood you say? is there a way to attack people outside my neighberhood?

DeletedUser

geko , huts give 7g every 5 mins at 120% happy. at the start , these are the best gold producing buildings.

DeletedUser

thanks lonestar... actually i figured that i can just attack people in my neighborhood or support/polish them. it helped me get slings.... those take a long time to produce... is there any contests to win diamonds or something? lol i need to speeed up production time.

DeletedUser

the thing i've found out , is this is not a fast game :) slow and steady , especially slow :(
i tend to use 8 spear to attack ( 2 spear rax ) and have 4 slingers ( 1 slinger rax ) in defence.
when i log off , i add 4 spears in defence army with the 4 slingers.
next , attacking others...if they are on low or no points, i dont bother. i polish them instead :)
gets me 20g per person per 24 hours. over 70 guys that's 1.4kg per day ...free.
i'll attack the top 10 in my group , but i prefer to attack provinces and capture those.
one thing to DEFINITELY watch out for , is planning your city.
you have limited space and roads take up quite a bit of that.
every expansion is a block of 4x4 , just enough to put 1 production building up ...lumbermill , vineyard , dyeworks etc.
so expansion should be carefully planned.....and slow :(
good luck , let us know how you get on
Lone

DeletedUser

the thing i've found out , is this is not a fast game :) slow and steady , especially slow :(
i tend to use 8 spear to attack ( 2 spear rax ) and have 4 slingers ( 1 slinger rax ) in defence.
when i log off , i add 4 spears in defence army with the 4 slingers.
next , attacking others...if they are on low or no points, i dont bother. i polish them instead :)
gets me 20g per person per 24 hours. over 70 guys that's 1.4kg per day ...free.
i'll attack the top 10 in my group , but i prefer to attack provinces and capture those.
one thing to DEFINITELY watch out for , is planning your city.
you have limited space and roads take up quite a bit of that.
every expansion is a block of 4x4 , just enough to put 1 production building up ...lumbermill , vineyard , dyeworks etc.
so expansion should be carefully planned.....and slow :(
good luck , let us know how you get on
Lone

i don't have any rax or stable (i used to at the start). i do not attack anyone. as the ONLY use for them is pvp tower.
If you calculate the costs and space to build and rebuild the buildings and units constantly,
it is way too expensive to what you get back for it. so imo an army in this game at this point is totally useless (i know you get medals and expansions for that,but tell me.. how many battles and units did they cost? again,too much against the prize connected to it.) now that said..

There is a nice thingy in the guide topics called city planner,might become in handy for some of you :P
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?1426-City-Planner

DeletedUser

slow??? Grepolis is slow. If you can reach 13,000 points in ONE DAY, then youre a hacker. it takes weeks to get that high. lol thanks though

DeletedUser

so imo an army in this game at this point is totally useless......maybe , but it's FUN :)
infiltrate / negotiate or beat the daylights out of them?
i know which one i choose :)

DeletedUser

so imo an army in this game at this point is totally useless......maybe , but it's FUN :)
infiltrate / negotiate or beat the daylights out of them?
i know which one i choose :)

dunno how far and what age you are but troops and building getting more expensive.. :p
after the update i will change thou. but for now i am fixated on raw materials and goods.

DeletedUser

....i need gold.. lots of it... is it possible to attack with more than 8 troops?

all i have is the first guys-the swords i think theyre called, and slingers. what would be a good combination to take down...

1: Archer x1;Mounted Warrior x3
2: Soldier x3; Legionaire x3?

any helpful suggestions? anything would help i need moneys to build up troops though... i could build my troops but the slings take too long and i dont have enough money to make 2 slinger training areas. please help.

DeletedUser

spearmen take 20 seconds to build
slingers take one hour
no idea on the next one , but they'll be more than an hour :)
i'd suggest building your town up
so you can supply the resources needed to build troops.
look at the research tree , that'll give you an idea of costs / build times

DeletedUser

....i need gold.. lots of it... is it possible to attack with more than 8 troops?

all i have is the first guys-the swords i think theyre called, and slingers. what would be a good combination to take down...

1: Archer x1;Mounted Warrior x3
2: Soldier x3; Legionaire x3?

any helpful suggestions? anything would help i need moneys to build up troops though... i could build my troops but the slings take too long and i dont have enough money to make 2 slinger training areas. please help.

1. 8 spearfighters, use terrain to your advantage
2. 8 slingers :D , same as above