• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: "Aid"-ing can be improved very easily!

DeletedUser100797

Hi queens, kings and Gods of FoE!

I would like to suggest how "Aid"-ing algorithm can be improved. I hope I'm not repeating someone else, I came to this idea independently.

It's very simple, when you name your city, instead of the name, put a code: P(B)/S/C or MS:P:C , where P(B) - would mean polish Big, S - would mean supplies, C - coins etc. The format can be standardized and agreed upon by moderators and Gods and accepted thereupon by FoE community. The algorithm would read your code, before randomly and quite often polishing your decorations and go by your priorities.

With Easter event approaching, this can be a welcome news for all of us, including Inno Games. Many people feel already frustrated with inefficient system of "Aid" button.

I have different buildings in Langendorn from different ages and a lot of BA decorations, but what I've noticed, despite haven buildings from EMA, more than 50% of automated help goes to polishing bushes.

So there, I said it!

I am not a nerd :p but I don't think that creating an automated program which will read and act upon what says your city's description is that hard after all?! I don't know, it might be. But looking at what Inno Games have created for us so far, I would imagine there is nothing they can't overcome if they put they mind and effort to it, and improving "Aid" function probably would be the most welcome gift from Inno Games to it's loyal players before Easter arrives ;)

Thank you for reading this!

DeletedUser2989

Hi DpakoH, Thank you for putting in the effort to post your idea here. :)

When the "Aid" function was implemented there was a fair bit of feedback given and a lot came up with similar requests to you (to be able to choose what "Aid" motivates/polishes to some or any degree) and the overall idea was termed a "wish list". Unfortunately Inno has already knocked back that idea saying they don't wish to implement any form of "control" that overrides the random setting of the Aid button. Additionally a idea suggesting an adjustment to improve the random process of aid was also rejected (see here)

So while it is indeed a very popular idea to improve aid the developers are happy with the way it currently functions. Thus this idea will have to be marked "Do Not Suggest" as well. :(

Note: Just to be clear this is the current "program" for aid and Inno likes it this way (subject to change in the future):
First buildings to be Polished/Motivated are: The Shrine of Knowledge, The Oasis and The Tigers Den.
Once all of those are Polished/Motivated next it will pick randomly between motivate and polish.
Once 1 is selected it will find all buildings of the latest age available for that action and motivate or polish that.
If no actions are possible it'll still award coins to the "aider" and lock them out for 24hr as it they had visited, also notifying the person "aided" that someone used aid but there was nothing to polish/motivate.