• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Aid everyone in the lists

DeletedUser105579

I would not like to see it implemented as standard, end of story. I would have no objection to it being introduced as a diamond feature.
Maybe we should stop cluttering now?

This is a very interesting discussion. I for one am enjoying read this, please do feel free to carry on.

Well the only way an educated change can happen is if people are passionate for their side of the argument, so I am all for it :rolleyes:
(However, toning it down a little might not hurt)

DeletedUser2989

I wanted to make the prices more accessible and that is why the coins you get will be reduced with 5%. If that is not enough, then with 10% or 12%.If this will destroy the game economy, then I am not against making it a diamond function. I agree with you on this point - 5 diamonds is a fair plrice, maybe even 10...

I think it's better off with the Diamond Function than a small % decrease in the coins you get. Say you have 80 people in each list (or around that) giving you about 240 contacts you can aid, giving you 4800 coins per day assuming you aid all of them. A 5% - 10% reduction = 4560 - 4320 coins. So I don't think loosing 480 coins will look like a reasonable trade off, the coin reward is so small to a large number of players that removing it completely probably wouldn't impact their coin stash.

Given the "Collect All" button as the closest equivalent existing function you'd have to edit your idea to appear similar for it to be possible to forward.

Just pointing it out, also, how would this work with the new TE great building?

This is also a very good question :)

On the issue of "Making the game easier", the reason why the devs implement some changes that do nothing but "make the game easier" is because they are required to do so for some balancing reason. If something is too hard or time consuming and it is distorting their intended image of the game they'll change it. However it's appreciated if the players refrain from suggesting ideas that make the game easier (without reasonable balance like being a premium feature or a major drawback) as the devs are looking to maintain a certain level of difficulty/time consumption. Ideally we want to be sending ideas to the devs that add to or enhance the game, these are ideas that may reward players but must also come at a cost (preferably similar to "like" features). Not many ideas do actually fall into this category but when they do it's often a case of the idea just needs to be tweaked.

DeletedUser106918

I did not suggest that clicking makes you a better player

You said it was a challenge. I don't see the challenge in mindless repetition. You can train your average monkey to do that for you, I don't call that challenging.
The most difficult part is not getting bored, especially if you're going to do it for multiple large lists on multiple worlds. And I don't think boring your players out of their minds is a good feature to keep them in your game :rolleyes:

Just pointing it out, also, how would this work with the new TE great building?

I guess that feature should aid players according to their points, going from highest player to lowest. This makes sense for these reasons:
1. You are more likely to need goods from higher ages.
2. The aid feature already picks the highest-age building that can be aided, so it makes sense for this idea to account for it, aiding as many high era buildings as possible.
3. It's an intuitive order that's visible to the player, right in their face, so no possibility to be surprised by it.
4. It's easy to implement. If you're aiding a single list, this is trivial since the list is already sorted. It doesn't get much more complicated for 3 lists, since they are already sorted and even share a pivot element (you), you can run a very simple O(n) sorting algorithm over that and then go through that combined list.

I think that reasonable diamond prices are 5 for individual lists or 10 for all 3 lists at once. That would mean:
1 list: 5 diamonds
2 lists: 2x5 = 10 diamonds
3 lists: 10 diamonds at once
So basically, that would mean aiding all costs the same as aiding guild mates + friends and leaving neighbors open for plundering, I guess that's okay to pay more (relatively, per list) to leave you the option to plunder and gain PvP points. Or seeing it the other way, you're not being punished (via higher price) if you're a peaceful player.

That raises a new question though: Obviously lists that can't be aided shouldn't have that option (there's no collect all feature for empty towns either), but what if you aid 2 lists (=10 diamonds), would you be able to aid the third list for free when it comes back up? Then, how long can you do that afterwards? Or would you just say it's their fault for not looking ahead and cash in another few diamonds?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The game is called Forge of Empires - you create an empire, expand you territories, fight, build a city...and help your friends, but I don't think that this will make some players/cities, empires better, it will be just a way to safe time and clicks on the aid buttons. The aid button is the same - isn't that a way to safe time, too? It is, am I right? This feauture won't cause chaanges in the cities. After all, the game is not only aiding friends - the city is more important, so I don't understand why there are so hot discussions. I am not against that - everyone has an oppinion, but what will this button change so much? Is this button going to build your city?No is the right answer.This is only my oppinion.
I saw the previous posts - I saw a little bit of rude languadge. I didn't create this post to cause grudge. This is for all - please, don't use irony and don't be rude.

DeletedUser12400

Then why does clicking Aid give the same (and potentially more, since you even get coins if there's nothing to do) rewards as helping manually? I don't see you (or anyone else) revolting to remove or reduce those rewards, even though it's just the same, putting in less effort to help out.
You actually have to do the same m/p amount of clicks as before but without visiting other players cities. The reason for aid feature is that many players experienced slow city-loading when visiting other players cities. All I wanna say is that you shouldn't be awarded with coins or couple of blue prints for one simple click.

DeletedUser106252

Ooops I put the same thread up lol.Yea I think this is the best idea and it does take me like 15 minutes to aid all although I attack some people in hood.This should be in the game and it will help a lot.

DeletedUser

+1

Other games do that, you can 'aid' everyone in your list, you don't have to click like a monkey.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107158

Note that single click aid-all would not make game easier. Because clicking aid is not hard. It only makes it consume less time. Time that could then be used to play the game.
Still, most games have time sinks. Grinds. And this is one of them in FoE. It's not hard, it doesn't require thinking, it only requires clicking. But it takes time to do.

DeletedUser105078

-1 from me as the idea stands.

I could vote +1 if the idea was changed to getting no BPs from group Aid.

I agree that clicking an Aid button again and again is a mindless grind. At least manual mot/pol is not so much of a grind, you actually get to see what your friends have built and choose which of their buildings to pol/mol.

DeletedUser99692

And there was me thinking that people played games to pass the time. Rush rush rush so what do you do when you get there sit on your hands ?

DeletedUser106696

Yes it may be quicker and less effort - but negates all profile posts such as "polish first, then houses then supplies". Or those poor sods who need a big polish just before the collection from the nightly run?

DeletedUser914

you did not check that something was proposed similar. This topic was already mentioned in the discussion forum right after the AID button was introduced, and most of us agreed already that an AID all was not a good idea.

-1 from me.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
you did not check that something was proposed similar. This topic was already mentioned in the discussion forum right after the AID button was introduced, "and most of us agreed already that an AID all was not a good idea."

You make me glad that the dev's don't listen to the playerbase :)

Galladhorn

Monarch
+1

I certainly would see an idea in having an AID All Button.

I even think the penalty for using it is a good idea - Perhaps it needs to be calculated more, but its okay to remove some bennefit for the ease of use. Reducing the chance of getting BP´s would be a more significant penalty justifier, but also something to consider for a transition to Semi Automatic Aid System options.

Those who really need thoose BP´s will work a bit harder "meaning as current" and those who have been Polivating stuff for years can now take a breather and perhaps use their time on GvG and other guild tasks, since they should by now have most of the GB´s anyways.

As such it would be a logical step following up on the AID button it self. I am for sure happy, not having to visit 50-100 Cities and manually choose polivation methood, every freaking day anymore - The AID button was step in the right direction. True - some player to player charme is gone, but let´s be honest - The polivation function of the game is about the most lame part of FOE - Not because having freinds in the game that you would like to help, and also follow their cities, but because it very fast becomes a complete routine - It´s a game and tideousness should essentially not be a main time consumer.

I do not even see the true bennefit for Inno games, other than people are using more time in one game. Somehow it could be argued that with less tideous tasks players would perhaps be easier to get to play more Inno Games and the activity stats read out would all in be the same or even better.

At some Point the Auto Aid option has to become a part of the game - In essence it needs to be replaced with another system that impliments more fun and perhaps less actions per game session. I do not mind the player to city interaction from the old system, but the bennefit was way to low compared to the time used. If there would be real bennefits to Polivate exact buildings then the intent to do so would be far more obvious and not be felt as a waste of time for no real obvious reason.