• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Aid everyone in the lists

DeletedUser

Sometimes you don't have time or don't care what the others want you to Polish or Motivate. You still want to do it, because you want the blueprints you may get and the coins, too.

PROPOSAL:
An idea, which allows you to to aid everyone in the list(hood list/guild list/friends list)

HAVE YOU CHECKED THE IDEA SECTION FOR THE SAME IDEA?
YES, didn't find anything simmilar. I thought that someone has suggested it, but nothing found.

REASON:
Not enough time or laziness.:D

DETAILS:
A button which says"Aid everyone in X", where Xis the current list. If the players are from the hood list, then it will be written"Aid everyone neighborhood"
If you get a blueprint(s), the game will show you what you've got. The coins you get will be reduced(maybe with 5%), because you receive 20 coins, because it took you some time to Motivate/Polish/Aid the player.If you already aided someone, then the system will aid everyone left.

VISUAL AIDS:

list of neighbors.PNG

BALANCE:
I don't think it is needed. A try to make some balance is to reduce the coins with 5%.

ABUSE PREVENTION:
Not needed.

SUMMARY:
No more time to waste! Just press the right button and all neighbors/guild mates/friends will be aided automaticly!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

They will come one after another if the gained blueprints are more than 2. Like when you log in and 2 GBs were leveled up:
you see what is the blueprint, close the window, then the other one appears, you look at it, close it and then do what you want in the city.

DeletedUser107196

+1

It can take up to 15 Min. to Aid everyone in Guild,Friends and Neighborhood, big drag on game.

DeletedUser2989

As mentioned by overtype the idea as it is falls under the category of making the game easier and thus won't get getting forwarded.

It might be considered if the idea was changed to add the feature as a premium feature? So have the "Aid all" button cost diamonds similar to the current "Collect All" button... Otherwise we won't be able to forward this idea.

DeletedUser106918

no one ever said:
I feel vastly superior when clicking every single one of my up to 300 Aid buttons per world individually, or even more, select the building to aid myself for all of them. I am glad that no feature exists that would enable any inferior being to achieve the same results with a single click, since this is what makes me a much better player and separates me from other players who lack the unimaginable abilities I have at my disposal to do all of this.

If that's not enough, then please tell me what differentiates this suggestion compared from:

• Auto-battle (as opposed to single auto-turns until the battle is over)
  • Dumping X goods into treasury (instead of 1 good per click)
  • Placing long streets (instead of placing one tile per click)
  • Investing multiple FP or, GOD FORBID WHOLE FP PACKAGES in GBs/research (instead of 1 per click)
  • Click + drag to collect productions (instead of clicking every building)
  • Disbanding a guild (instead of kicking every single member and then leaving)

You see, if we're going that way there's a lot of stuff you'd need to throw out because it's the same principle. All of this isn't "making the game easier", it's making it more user-friendly. That's a difference. The difference between well-done and half-assed features.

I can see that being a diamond-only feature though, something like 5-10 diamonds to aid all lists you select (so you can aid all neighbors, guild mates or friends at once, or maybe only guild mates and friends so you can attack your neighbors). Since it's very similar to the auto-collect feature, which also costs 5 diamonds.

DeletedUser

-1 from me, there's always someone who wants something for no effort. There's no limit to how you could make the game easier by introducing shortcuts like this, what would be the point in the end? You want those BPs, you want to help your friends? Then do it.

I could see it as a diamond option like Collect All Finished Production etc as Scarcon mentions but definitely not something I'd want or need introduced as standard.

DeletedUser

yes, I agree that this feauture will make the game a little bit more...simple, but not easier. About the diamonds thing:
I wanted to make the prices more accessible and that is why the coins you get will be reduced with 5%. If that is not enough, then with 10% or 12%.If this will destroy the game economy, then I am not against making it a diamond function. I agree with you on this point - 5 diamonds is a fair plrice, maybe even 10...

You want those BPs, you want to help your friends? Then do it.
With this feauture you will still get your blueprints. You will help your friends and guildmates, too, because even an aid is welcome.I know that too many functions will destroy all of the fun in FOE, but this feauture can be often used by players, who have dimaonds, many friends and not enough time to play.And yes, there is trully always someone who wants someting for no effort, but people have jobs, other duties and those people can't sit infront of the PC all day! "Then don't play the game" - every person has a choise what to do when he/she is not busy. Many people have choised FOE. Why can't make the game for them more acessible(about time) - this small button won't hide your whole city and will save you time if you are bussy, 5 diamonds is nothing!

DeletedUser14782

Just pointing it out, also, how would this work with the new TE great building?

DeletedUser15432

I think that this idea would come under the heading of "Making the Game Easier", therefore it should not have been suggested in the first case, therefore a very definate -1 score for this idea

DeletedUser

With this feauture you will still get your blueprints. You will help your friends and guildmates, too, because even an aid is welcome.I know that too many functions will destroy all of the fun in FOE, but this feauture can be often used by players, who have dimaonds, many friends and not enough time to play.And yes, there is trully always someone who wants someting for no effort, but people have jobs, other duties and those people can't sit infront of the PC all day! "Then don't play the game" - every person has a choise what to do when he/she is not busy. Many people have choised FOE. Why can't make the game for them more acessible(about time) - this small button won't hide your whole city and will save you time if you are bussy, 5 diamonds is nothing!

I understand what you're saying but the point of getting BPs and a small amount of coins etc from aiding your friends and guildmembers is, in my mind, to encourage the idea of cooperative and interactive gameplay. You give a little effort to help other members and you are potentially rewarded for it. As Overtype mentions, if you want to entirely remove the small effort required to aid your social lists, then you should not be rewarded at all.

DeletedUser106918

I understand what you're saying but the point of getting BPs and a small amount of coins etc from aiding your friends and guildmembers is, in my mind, to encourage the idea of cooperative and interactive gameplay. You give a little effort to help other members and you are potentially rewarded for it. As Overtype mentions, if you want to entirely remove the small effort required to aid your social lists, then you should not be rewarded at all.

Then why does clicking Aid give the same (and potentially more, since you even get coins if there's nothing to do) rewards as helping manually? I don't see you (or anyone else) revolting to remove or reduce those rewards, even though it's just the same, putting in less effort to help out. So obviously you are either accepting this as a good feature or you're too lazy to do something about that, so why are y'all all of a sudden going so crazy about this suggestion?

Let me tell you why, because I know. You're the type of persons I like to call the status quo defenders. Basically, they accept all features that already exist and deny new features regardless of how similar they are, because obviously change is always wrong. They're used to features that exist because they've been around forever and of course there must be a reason behind it! They can't think for themselves what this reason could be, but there must! There just must!
As I said in the previous post, if you don't think like that, then please enlighten me how this feature would be different to all other features that only exist to cut down on clicks and wasted time. Show me where the line is that this feature crosses and the others don't.

I think that this idea would come under the heading of "Making the Game Easier", therefore it should not have been suggested in the first case, therefore a very definate -1 score for this idea

I suggest you go back a few posts and read before posting.

Edit: Yeah, this may sound offensive. But we're in a section that's about finding ways to improve the game, coming up with ideas and ironing them out (if possible), and it just astounds me how little thought some people put into their posts.

DeletedUser

Then why does clicking Aid give the same (and potentially more, since you even get coins if there's nothing to do) rewards as helping manually? I don't see you (or anyone else) revolting to remove or reduce those rewards, even though it's just the same, putting in less effort to help out. So obviously you are either accepting this as a good feature or you're too lazy to do something about that, so why are y'all all of a sudden going so crazy about this suggestion?

Let me tell you why, because I know. You're the type of persons I like to call the status quo defenders. Basically, they accept all features that already exist and deny new features regardless of how similar they are, because obviously change is always wrong. They're used to features that exist because they've been around forever and of course there must be a reason behind it! They can't think for themselves what this reason could be, but there must! There just must!
As I said in the previous post, if you don't think like that, then please enlighten me how this feature would be different to all other features that only exist to cut down on clicks and wasted time. Show me where the line is that this feature crosses and the others don't.

Scarcon, I don't have to enlighten you about anything. I am here to offer my opinion on ideas the same as everyone else, so I'd politely suggest that you alter your tone slightly and relax.

The current Aid system is easier and less time consuming than manual motpol used to be, yes, but it also removes your ability to selectively motpol your friends and neighbours, so I think the positive and negative of the system balance out to the same reward being appropriate.

Personally, I don't want to see the game go too far in one way and be reduced to one-click actions as it removes part of the challenge. If that makes me a 'status quo defender' then so be it.

DeletedUser105579

I think that one can make a comparison to the "collect all" button that costs diamonds..

So answer Scarcon's point, I would like to say that the "<> all" type of buttons in this game, as so I have seen so far, have been diamonds exclusive.. So I would say that, while yes it would be corresponding to a shrinking of the aid button, the idea of clicking a button once and finishing something in its entirety would just cross the line to make it diamonds only.

DeletedUser106918

Scarcon, I don't have to enlighten you about anything. I am here to offer my opinion on ideas the same as everyone else

You're indeed allowed to have an opinion, but in a discussion, opinions alone don't matter, it's how you justify them. A "against it, -1" is as useless as "good idea, +1", because there's no substance to be discussed. The only argument up to this post was "it makes it easier and less time-consuming", the former being wrong and the latter being the exact purpose of the idea, so nothing to be discussed there either.

The only real input so far is from materichster (about the rewards and the TE GB) and Tankovy (about making it diamond-exclusive) and the rest is clutter, nothing that helps evaluating the idea at all.

The current Aid system is easier and less time consuming than manual motpol used to be, yes, but it also removes your ability to selectively motpol your friends and neighbours, so I think the positive and negative of the system balance out to the same reward being appropriate.

So just the same as this idea? Since it's just that, aiding.

Personally, I don't want to see the game go too far in one way and be reduced to one-click actions as it removes part of the challenge.

I don't see how clicking that much makes you a better player, what challenge you overcome by doing it. There's nothing strategical about clicking aid over and over again, might as well get rid of those clicks, even if it's (most likely) going to be for a few diamonds.

DeletedUser

So just the same as this idea? Since it's just that, aiding.

It's in no way the same as this idea; the current aid system still requires a small outlay of effort for which the player is potentially rewarded. If that small amount of effort is removed entirely, why should the rewards remain the same?

I don't see how clicking that much makes you a better player, what challenge you overcome by doing it. There's nothing strategical about clicking aid over and over again, might as well get rid of those clicks, even if it's (most likely) going to be for a few diamonds.

I did not suggest that clicking makes you a better player; simply that there should be a reward for doing the tedious multi-clicks that no one enjoys. If the multi-clicks are removed, so should the rewards. I would not like to see it implemented as standard, end of story. I would have no objection to it being introduced as a diamond feature.

Maybe we should stop cluttering now?