• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Aid All button

Should there be an "Aid All" button?

• Yes

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Yes, but separate buttons for friends, guilds, and neighbours

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
Yes, this has been suggested before, but it looks like the most recent was a couple years ago. Maybe it's time for a review?

Proposal:
Add an "Aid All" to allow me to aid all my friends in a single click. A similar button to visit all taverns would be nice too.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
Yes, some older threads but nothing in the last couple years that I could see

Reason:

I've been away from the game for a long time, and just came back. I'm reminded that this is one of the reasons I left.

I don't want to be rude, but to have to spend 10 minutes repetitively click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...clicking the aid button really seems dumb. I get that Inno wants me to spend as much time as possible in the game, but that time should be spent doing something meaningful and enjoyable. I should be spending my time organising my city, managing my army, fighting battles, etc.

I strongly disagree with any argument that this change is about making the game easier. It doesn't eliminate any tradeoffs. It doesn't allow you to develop your city any faster. It doesn't allow you to gather goods any faster. It doesn't help you win battles. All it does is eliminate the mindless click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click for ten minutes. And you have to do this mindless click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click for ten minutes every single day if you want to be a good friend, neighbour, and guildmate. There is no skill involved. No strategic decisions. No tradeoffs. Nothing. Only ten minutes of wasted time on a mind-numbingly boring task.

Seriously. This sort of thing turns people off the game. It's already intentionally designed to be a time sink. But much of that time is spent on things that actually accomplish something. When you fight battles, you are essentially solving tactical puzzles, and making strategic decisions about whether the battle is worth fighting. That's cool! That's fun! I like that! When you plan your city layout, you have to make strategic decisions about what buildings are important and what you can do without. There are tradeoffs involved. That's great! There's time to be spent negotiating with other guilds in GVG. Again, that's great! Strategic decisions and tradeoffs are all over the place in this game, and that's part of what makes it good!

But these aid buttons. Click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click. Mindlessly. For ten minutes. Every day. An hour or more sucked out of your life every week. An hour of nothing but dull boredom spend click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...clicking on these stupid buttons. Over the course of a year, that adds up to two full days. That's time not spent making tactical decisions. Not spent on any meaningful aspect of the game. Not spent with real life family and friends. Two full days every year on utterly stupid click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...clicking. Two full days that could easily be eliminated by a single "Aid All" button.

I also saw some suggestions in some older threads that this should cost diamonds. I strongly disagree with this. People who have been playing the game actively for years have lots of diamonds and can afford it. But these people are committed to the game. New people that don't have diamonds and aren't committed to the game will - rightly - see this is dumb and annoying. There is nothing to be gained by forcing people to mindlessly click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click on Aid buttons for ten minutes. It doesn't make you a better player. It's pure wasted time. New players will see that. And it will turn them off the game. It already was a major contributing factor to turning me off the game a few years ago. I've come back, but while there are some cool new features, the reasons I originally left don't appear to have changed.

I want to have to make strategic decisions. I want to have to make tradeoffs and consider the pros and cons of various courses of action. I don't want to spend ten minutes mindlessly click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...clicking on these stupid buttons.

Click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click. This isn't a game. This is a task. This is work. This isn't the sort of thing I enjoy doing for fun. Nobody enjoys doing it for fun. This is the sort of thing people get paid minimum wage to do.

Click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click. Have I made my point?

Details:
Add an "Aid All" button so I can aid all my friends in a single click. Add a "Visit all taverns" button so I can visit all available taverns in a single click.

Visual Aids:

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
None. There is no possible drawback to this. Or, if you're really concerned that making it easier to aid is making the game easier, cut the reward for doing so.

DeletedUser

Yes, this has been suggested before, but it looks like the most recent was a couple years ago. Maybe it's time for a review?

Proposal:
Add an "Aid All" to allow me to aid all my friends in a single click. A similar button to visit all taverns would be nice too.

Reason:

I've been away from the game for a long time, and just came back. I'm reminded that this is one of the reasons I left.

I don't want to be rude, but to have to spend 10 minutes repetitively click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...clicking the aid button really seems dumb. I get that Inno wants me to spend as much time as possible in the game, but that time should be spent doing something meaningful and enjoyable. I should be spending my time organising my city, managing my army, fighting battles, etc.

I strongly disagree with any argument that this change is about making the game easier. It doesn't eliminate any tradeoffs. It doesn't allow you to develop your city any faster. It doesn't allow you to gather goods any faster. It doesn't help you win battles. All it does is eliminate the mindless click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click for ten minutes. And you have to do this mindless click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click for ten minutes every single day if you want to be a good friend, neighbour, and guildmate. There is no skill involved. No strategic decisions. No tradeoffs. Nothing. Only ten minutes of wasted time on a mind-numbingly boring task.

Seriously. This sort of thing turns people off the game. It's already intentionally designed to be a time sink. But much of that time is spent on things that actually accomplish something. When you fight battles, you are essentially solving tactical puzzles, and making strategic decisions about whether the battle is worth fighting. That's cool! That's fun! I like that! When you plan your city layout, you have to make strategic decisions about what buildings are important and what you can do without. There are tradeoffs involved. That's great! There's time to be spent negotiating with other guilds in GVG. Again, that's great! Strategic decisions and tradeoffs are all over the place in this game, and that's part of what makes it good!

But these aid buttons. Click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click. Mindlessly. For ten minutes. Every day. An hour or more sucked out of your life every week. An hour of nothing but dull boredom spend click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...clicking on these stupid buttons. Over the course of a year, that adds up to two full days. That's time not spent making tactical decisions. Not spent on any meaningful aspect of the game. Not spent with real life family and friends. Two full days every year on utterly stupid click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...clicking. Two full days that could easily be eliminated by a single "Aid All" button.

I also saw some suggestions in some older threads that this should cost diamonds. I strongly disagree with this. People who have been playing the game actively for years have lots of diamonds and can afford it. But these people are committed to the game. New people that don't have diamonds and aren't committed to the game will - rightly - see this is dumb and annoying. There is nothing to be gained by forcing people to mindlessly click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click on Aid buttons for ten minutes. It doesn't make you a better player. It's pure wasted time. New players will see that. And it will turn them off the game. It already was a major contributing factor to turning me off the game a few years ago. I've come back, but while there are some cool new features, the reasons I originally left don't appear to have changed.

I want to have to make strategic decisions. I want to have to make tradeoffs and consider the pros and cons of various courses of action. I don't want to spend ten minutes mindlessly click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...clicking on these stupid buttons.

Click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click. This isn't a game. This is a task. This is work. This isn't the sort of thing I enjoy doing for fun. Nobody enjoys doing it for fun. This is the sort of thing people get paid minimum wage to do.

Click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click. Have I made my point?

Details:
Add an "Aid All" button so I can aid all my friends in a single click. Add a "Visit all taverns" button so I can visit all available taverns in a single click.

Visual Aids:

None. There is no possible drawback to this. Or, if you're really concerned that making it easier to aid is making the game easier, cut the reward for doing so.
Please please Inno +1

I still cannot vote for this until someone explains how it works work with goods from the truth tower, do I just get goods from the top 30+ in my friends list or hood or guild? Do I get a massive list of popups from seed vault rewards? will there be a stack of blueprint notifications (boosted by rain forest) to clear each time? Maybe after aid all there should be a clear all button to get rid of all the other stuff :D

Come to think of it "aid all" would also aid the hood so then I can't attack and plunder making my voyager and Atlantis useless.

Maybe we can have 4 buttons!

Aid All
Aid Guild
Aid Friends
Aid hood

legend9182

Major-General

Proposal:

Reason:

Details:

Visual Aids:

Add a poll please
Plus aid all should be as per @Cursedveggie said.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
I still cannot vote for this until someone explains how it works work with goods from the truth tower, do I just get goods from the top 30+ in my friends list or hood or guild? Do I get a massive list of popups from seed vault rewards? will there be a stack of blueprint notifications (boosted by rain forest) to clear each time? Maybe after aid all there should be a clear all button to get rid of all the other stuff :D

Come to think of it "aid all" would also aid the hood so then I can't attack and plunder making my voyager and Atlantis useless.

Maybe we can have 4 buttons!

Aid All
Aid Guild
Aid Friends
Aid hood
On the Truth Tower, I see two options:
1. You're not forced to use it. The individual aid buttons should remain. You can go through and manually aid 30 people according to your own priorities, and then click the button to do the rest. Nobody's forcing you to use the button; the existing Aid buttons should remain.
2. Alternatively, it could be made smarter by doing your friends/guildmates that are in your age first (or perhaps, start with the highest age first).

Also, I would think the "Aid All" button would do all friends, all guildmates, or all neighbours, depending on which is currently displayed.

As for the list of popups, ideally it should give a single popup that lists everything. If that's a significant complication to add, though, having the flood is OK so long as there's a "dismiss all" button. However, even without a "dismiss all" button, spam-clicking outside the popup area will get rid of them all in a few seconds - hardly idea, but much better than the current system where you have to manually click to aid someone, manually dismiss the popup, manually aid the next person, manually dismiss that popup too, etc., etc., ad nauseam.

BTW, I have now added a poll.

DeletedUser653

OP asked for an Aid All button to aid friends - no mention of hood, maybe he could add your own guild but no need for hood

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
Ah, I missed those when I did my search. They weren't formatted properly, though.

BTW, those who vote no, could you please explain why you believe we should all be forced to click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click for 10 minutes a day, an hour per week, two full days per year?

I'm not asking for the individual aid buttons to be taken away. If you really enjoy clicking, you can do so, although I might suggest that Cookie Clicker would be a better game for you.

But is there really a good reason to force the rest of us to keep click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...clicking manually for ten minutes a day, an hour per week, two full days per year?

DeletedUser117610

Yes please, but separate buttons so raiders can raid. I use aiding to keep track of where I’m up to when I’m scanning my hood so wouldn’t use it there. With friends it should do tavern at the same time.

For truce tower, aiding from highest rank to lowest would suit most people, and if you wanted different goods you could just aid some manually before using auto on the rest.

+1 end the mindless click fest. I don’t care how many times this has been suggested I’ll vote for it every time.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
C'mon, stop the ridiculous comparisons with attacking and plundering.

When you attack, you're solving tactical puzzles. You're figuring out the best way to defeat the defending army. And when you plunder, you are deciding which building to plunder or whether to check for a better option later. When attacking and plundering, you are actually playing the game and doing things that are fun to do. It's not just mindless clicking.

If you really like the click...click...clicking, good for you. I'm not wanting to take that option away from you.

But is there actually a good reason to force this nonsense on everyone else?

Yeah, I know you don't have to aid. But it's built into the game as a very important mechanic.