• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

AI in battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I just reviewed a battle in which a player attacked me and....
the AI has an IQ of -100.
I set up all archers as defense and the player had 5 hammer guys and 3 crossbow men.
So you would think that my archers would stand on rocks and shoot the crossbow men first so they are not vulnerable when sniping the hammers from long range.

instead all of the archers rushed and attacked the hammers head on.
Battle was over in 10 sec

DeletedUser1094

You're quite right...
Even though the IA has been improved, it still sucks. That's why you, as the defender, don't lose any troops during a battle. It would be too unfair...
I'm afraid, we're going to have to live with it... until, if ever, we're getting control over our own defences.

DeletedUser6965

As King Dael said, the AI was improved a lot since beginning!
If the AI would be even better, then it would be to difficult to conquer provinces I think.

So: U have to know good about the AI, then u can make alot of great battles. It's the same with the defense: If u know about the tactic of AI u can create a good defense and only 20% are able to beat it.

What I want to say is: The AI is all in all good enough (some smaller things could be better). If it would be better, there would be no chance to beat it with same troops.

The things which have to be improved:
-All AI troops must do at least one step to the enemies. If they are not able to do so, they stop and don't move. (e.g. there is only one of ur units left and all arround him are AI troops, then u can't move AND all AI troops with 1 range do not move and don't attack, because there is no way to move closer to ur unit)
-The "must move"-thing is also with archers and other range units: they have to move and they don't stand still e.g. on a rock. So if there are many of your units near to the archer, the archer would probably go next to ur units and shoot -> ur unit strikes back.

I think these two things are the only things which have to be improved. All other things are okay and u have to deal with it and use it to your best ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17

Improving the AI will be a continues process. We plan to make the battles more challenging in the future, and we are aware the AI units do not make use of terrain as they should. We are working on it :)

My thoughts:
Dont be mad when your melee units are being sniped in the future ;)

DeletedUser

Right when I first started playing this game I was pretty unhappy with the AI, but now that I've progressed a bit I'm actually in favor of leaving it the way it is.

The reason for this is that the training time for units increases far too much (in my opinion) as you go through the ages, which makes it extremely difficult for players that are interested in battles (either on the map or vs. other players). If the AI got too smart, then having an offensive army would start to become more untenable. I foresee the same outcome if players are ever allowed to defend their own cities, as that's basically the equivalent of increasing the capability of the AI by several orders of magnitude.

DeletedUser

i hate to say this because i like the crappy ai, but the one thing to make ai WAY HARDER is real simple.
make them move MAX movement range towards you at all times. i COUNT ON the fact that they move half range if they dont have a shot at you. you would lose alot more on offense if they got to you quicker.

DeletedUser

There must be some way to play the battle live, without AI.
I was thinking about it and i came up with this idea:
Make it like it was chess...
Yea it might be slower but at least the player will be able to fight his own battles.
1 move attacker ( or 2 ) , defender logs in makes a move .. etc.

Or you could make Offline player non-attackable. That way when an Online player attacks someone who is also online , they can do a Live battle , player vs player

Status
Not open for further replies.