• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ai Freezes

DeletedUser

• World: Greifental
  • Browser and Version: Chrome something.
  • Overview of the bug: The AI freezes
  • Screenshots:
    temp.jpg
  • How often this occurs: Always. I have tried to refresh the page 3 times, thinking it is the usual interface stuff which is solved by a refresh - no result it stuck once I finished my turn. I tried to retreat and restart and it stuck again on the same turn.
  • Urgency: I don't know, but my annoyance is high.
  • Preventative Actions:
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Are you saying the game freezes? I'm a bit off on what "shokes" means

DeletedUser

Yes, the game freezes when it is the AI turn to move. I can't do anything, not even hit the retreat on that screen.

DeletedUser

You said that the battle always freezes at the end of your turn in this situation. Have you taken a chance and tried the auto finish as you end your turn just to see if it still freezes. Yes you will probably lose more units but . . aren't you curious?

DeletedUser

I barely had time to take the screenshot and post this, so I leave the solution making for the developers.

DeletedUser

Yeah there's something going on there for sure, that happens to me quite a bit. In my case it comes back in a few seconds, like a lag spike, but it's no suprise that it locks up some peoples' computers. Not sure how auto finishing the battle would help at all...

DeletedUser

This is not the common memory/lag issue which was reported ages ago and always solved with refresh.(btw has nothing todo with some people computers and had everything todo with FOE) This is another issue, with the AI shoking on a specific turn, I suspect that the issues is with recently introduced AI algorithm not account for something.

DeletedUser

What does the word "shoke" mean?
  • It is not an English word.
  • I'm not going to say what the definition is according to the first search link in google.
  • If you put it into google translate it suggests it is Albanian and means "friends".
:confused:confused:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's a misspelling of 'choke'. Considering that the workd its meaning was already asked an answered in post #2 and #3, and that you are not offering anything of technical nature related to the bug and/or possible solutions, you should probably take any further musing on the subject to the general forum.

DeletedUser

It's a misspelling of 'choke'. Considering that the workd its meaning was already asked an answered in post #2 and #3, and that you are not offering anything of technical nature related to the bug and/or possible solutions, you should probably take any further musing on the subject to the general forum.

Well it's misspelled twice so I can understand the confusion, is there some reason you can't edit it? Not to mention the AI isn't choking at all, at least not literally. Probably best to leave slang out of bug reports altogether. You're also not allowed to swear here, even with asterisks. The new calculations required by the game are crashing your computer, looks like just another performance issue to me...

DeletedUser

Alright, I have edited out the swear, and removed confusing words. Now, I have yet to confirm this, but have noticed the AI freezing at times, but the same happened to me as what Post #6 KingMike mentioned, it usually catches up. I suggest making a support ticket in-game, if you have not already, and we will look into this in your account. As of now, this is a situation I can not re-create, the support ticket will help with this investigation though.

DeletedUser

The new calculations required by the game are crashing your computer, looks like just another performance issue to me...
I always assumed that calculations are made server side. However, even if they are using the client for various calculations such as pathfinding, i'd be hesitant to use the term 'performance issue', which imply that better hardware = better results, while what you suggest is as much a 'performance issue' as memory leak. anyway no time

DeletedUser7719

It did freeze once when I had 1 jaeger against 8 spearmen: I hit finish automatically in the beginning and nothing happened. No "results" button popped up, so I refreshed and tried to move the jaeger myself. Each time I tried to shoot an enemy at a distance the same thing happened. This hasn't happened again for me...

(Useless stuff in the spoiler)
@Martyinus: lol about the first definition :p

DeletedUser

I suggest making a support ticket in-game, if you have not already, and we will look into this in your account. As of now, this is a situation I can not re-create, the support ticket will help with this investigation though.
I don't intend to submit a support ticket, however, if battle info is logged you are welcome to check my logs.

This happened in houndsmore, the "middle" sector with couple of houses drawn on it and you can see troop position in the screenshot above. It's important to note, that this bug is reproduce-able in that specific situation i.e. not the common crash which seem random and always fixed with a refresh(and you can do the same operation you intended). Here this consistently happened for three times and even after I retreated and re-started.

Which leads me to believe that floated some previously un acounted for iss