• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.
As from today, I have advertising, must watch to do game everywhere !!
I play on mobile, it has ruined the whole game, it's at the friends tavern, on people's bar, just seen items round city, have to watch adds, to remove !! And now it's on story quests, have to watch adds.. !!!!!
Over kill, why cheapen such a wonderful game !!! Sold out !!!
Help !!!!!I
Why have they done this, money !! Come on, very bad thing to do........
just had a thought ! Is this only happening with Amazon tablets ??
thanks everyone.....

Last edited:

Jubilee

Private
Well if you have them on mobiles it will be coming to PC's as well. No doubt looking for another way to earn some money to pay the many people who make this game so enjoyable. However if it is all over the place it may be time to say see you later. They did this with Candy Crush it turned off a lot of players.

King Dael

Sergeant
I have all the new features, aid all+tavern boosts and some big treasure chests with great loot... am playing on app but haven't seen any ads.

I am super disappointed about the video adverts. I have been playing over 4 years and suddenly I'm spammed with video advertisement. If this money making feature is here to stay, I will delete my account and the game. It's a shitty cheap and super annoying feature that I normally find on low end games. This has been a great game but it's now destroyed by efforts of making money on the expense of the user experience. Latest image 3-4 video adverts to view in order to carry on playing. No way!!! And to add, I will be so heartbroken, if I have to stop playing due to the game makers wanting more money.

I'm not keen on the ads either. Was playing on mobile but have now switched to PC, however, I don't want to play on PC. I was playing on mobile because I have different games I play on the PC and for me FoE is a casual thing. Currently debating if I want to stay playing, especially as I have had a guild approach that seem really nice...the ads thing tho, is, for me, a problem.

4 chests yesterday, right under my nose, that I HAD to watch to get rid of them from my line of sight. This is not how I like to play.

King Dael

Sergeant
I'm afraid that the income from paying players isn't enough to keep FoE going. It might be a choice between enduring ads or have to pay a monthly fee to play.

If I was far along enough in the game, I would actually be willing to pay a sub. But I am one research away from the Middle Ages and I don't even have a guild yet.
I'm not P2P but I have spent a reasonable amount in-game. Ads, unfortunately, is the fastest way to kill my interest.

I geddit devs need to make money too. I just don't like not having an option to switch the ads off, given I have already invested in the game, nor did I like the number of ads I was *forced* to plough thru.

Shad23

Emperor
But how would then they complain? I swear, if Inno gave them 990 diamonds they'd ask why didn't they gave us 1000?

Aid all is great! I hope it doesn't get removed cause of these moaners.
I'd watch 15 min adds each just so that I don't have to go through that soul wrenching manual clicking ever again.
There will always be some who complain for nothing

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I'm afraid that the income from paying players isn't enough to keep FoE going. It might be a choice between enduring ads or have to pay a monthly fee to play.
Innogames had record-breaking revenue of $266 million in 2020 alone. Google it.
Another headline from a couple of months ago - Innogames hits $1 Billion EUR lifetime revenue, google it.

They're not in danger of going out of business if they don't squeeze a few pennies out of people forcing them to watch ads to play. It's either greed or stupidity, or both. They added ads to the game once before, I want to say in 2017, and ended up taking them out again a few months later because no one likes it.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Innogames had record-breaking revenue of $266 million in 2020 alone. Google it.
Another headline from a couple of months ago - Innogames hits $1 Billion EUR lifetime revenue, google it.

They're not in danger of going out of business if they don't squeeze a few pennies out of people forcing them to watch ads to play. It's either greed or stupidity, or both. They added ads to the game once before, I want to say in 2017, and ended up taking them out again a few months later because no one likes it.
You really ought to understand how things work, before making comments like this. All you know, is the revenue they made. You have no idea what the expenses. Also, they have a number of games (also known as cost centres - in accountingese). You have no idea what the revenue of the FoE Cost Centre is. Just because the company is earning lots of revenue DOES NOT mean the game is earning revenue. Also, even when it is earning revenue, often a break-even is still considered a failure, because the idea is for investors to earn money - not to break even on their investments, So a successful venture is one that maintains a certain valuation and profit.
So, greed or stupidity - much more the ignorant player(s) who do not understand how business works, especially this particular game/company/genre.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
You really ought to understand how things work, before making comments like this. All you know, is the revenue they made. You have no idea what the expenses. Also, they have a number of games (also known as cost centres - in accountingese). You have no idea what the revenue of the FoE Cost Centre is. Just because the company is earning lots of revenue DOES NOT mean the game is earning revenue. Also, even when it is earning revenue, often a break-even is still considered a failure, because the idea is for investors to earn money - not to break even on their investments, So a successful venture is one that maintains a certain valuation and profit.
So, greed or stupidity - much more the ignorant player(s) who do not understand how business works, especially this particular game/company/genre.
Do you get paid to shill for Inno? they really ought to put you on staff as you're among the first to defend every ridiculous thing that gets put in the game, and no one ever knows what's going on except for you.

Why you here in the forums and not running the world? Talent like yours is just going to waste here, among all us clueless people who have no idea about anything.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Do you get paid to shill for Inno? they really out to put you on staff as you're among the first to defend every ridiculous thing that gets put in the game, and no one ever knows what's going on except for you.

Why you here in the forums and not running the world? Talent like yours is just going to waste here, among all us clueless people who have no idea about anything.
You are certainly full of your empty self, aren't you? Baseless and factless claims, crying and whining and complaining on almost every post. You really should try reading things more carefully. You might want to consider the saying "better to be quiet and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt" (though guessing you will not understand that either)

Personally I'm not totally against ads but the lack of them in FoE made the game a pleasure to play.
I love the one click/tap Aid, it's worth having. Hate the multi friend tavern entry, I like to collect my silver first. The incident chests are ok and have reasonable rewards, however the length of time it takes to open them is unacceptable.
I play other games with the exact same ads where they are single click and take less than 10 seconds to get rid of, these are tolerable, just.
Inno will lose many of their long time players if the ads continue as they are now.

suethegreat

Captain
I play a free solitaire game that has ads running down the left and right of screen, easy to ignore and keeps the game free. Even better when my own goods on a selling site appeared in my game lol (didnt get them sold though) Another game i play has no ads but a monthly subscription if you 'own land' and an annual fee but then you can actually earn real money in the game and get it transferred into your bank. If INNO ran ads but allowed the sale of acquired diamonds or even to buy diamonds with coin could live with ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.