• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Will not fix Advertisements Crashing the Game

· World: Greifental

· Browser and Version: Chrome is up to date; Version 114.0.5735.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)

· Overview of the bug: When I click on an advert icon, the game either freezes, crashes, or plays the video of the ad and then freezes. The bug is reproducible – once it has occurred, if I re-enter the game and go to the same advert, the same result happens. It is not consistent. I can go into the game and click on some adverts, and everything works as it is supposed to. And then I click on another advert, and crap happens.

· Screenshots: No screenshots are applicable.

· How often this occurs: It occurs at any time of day; it occurs at least once per day – I frequently get frustrated and quit playing when the game crashes. Occassionally I will persevere and re-start the game and go about some other business before triggering another advert. In that case it is unpredictable whether the game will crash/freeze for that advert.

· Urgency: This is urgent, since it game breaking. And you are about to lose a customer.

· Preventative Actions: I have re-booted the computer; I have made sure that my software is up-to-date; I have logged out and logged in to FOE several times;

· Summary: I am playing on a Windows 10 computer [Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz; Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable); Windows 10 Pro Edition 22H2; OS Build 19045.3086; Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0] using BlueStacks software to emulate an Android environment [Version 5.12.3.1001.N64]

· I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes.

· Have you tried fixing it by using these methods? Yes

Just to let you know - the bug has progressed so that it crashes the game any time I click on any advert video. At this point, your whole rationale for putting ads in the game has backfired. I can't watch any ads, and I am getting really close to giving up the game as a lost cause. This after several years playing, and several hundred dollars invested. Big Bummer! What were you thinking?

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Please could you try and obtain a screen shot of the feature you are describing? The browser version of the game does not have advertisements, so if you are seeing some you may have a third party extension of some kind enabled.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
ah yes, missed that, thanks klods :)
We cannot provide support for this kind of issue I'm afraid, as the game was not designed to be run in this way.

Well, I started the game on my android phone. I liked it so much that I tried to transition to the PC/Browser version. I found that I could not connect from my PC to the same city as I was building on my Android phone. Seems I would have had to start over. I tried the Bluestack emulation software, and I could then connect to my city. Being using that since, for several years now.

If someone could tell me how to connect the PC/Browser version to my existing city, I would be grateful. Sure don't like the ads.

And it seems that the latest version of the FOE software has solved the crashing problem. Now playing on version 1.258.18 and it works.

King Dael

Sergeant
You can access the same city from all devices. You just have to make sure, you are trying to access the same server. If you are not native UK citizen, your device will always try to connect to your local server and not the English/International server. Make sure you see the English flag in your log-in screen.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Well, I started the game on my android phone. I liked it so much that I tried to transition to the PC/Browser version. I found that I could not connect from my PC to the same city as I was building on my Android phone. Seems I would have had to start over. I tried the Bluestack emulation software, and I could then connect to my city. Being using that since, for several years now.

If someone could tell me how to connect the PC/Browser version to my existing city, I would be grateful. Sure don't like the ads.

And it seems that the latest version of the FOE software has solved the crashing problem. Now playing on version 1.258.18 and it works.
Please could you send us a support ticket? We will be happy to help you get logged in on the browser :)
You can access support via your in game settings menu.

Ciotog

Private
When I touch the trunks to display the ad, the game says that it is not available. On other occasions it freezes the game completely. What a pity, as I find the game a pleasing divergence.