• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Advancing in the Continent Map beyond your age?

BGRAY2002

Private
I am a new player to FoE - and have been advancing beyond my age (EMA) with in the continent map - looking back I am wondering if I am getting ahead of myself here. What advise can you share from your experience if this is a good thing or bad exercise? Thank you for your expertise and thoughts. Brian

Knight of ICE

You are getting ahead of yourself. Basically going forward in the game consists of three parts. The questline, the tech tree and the continent map. Best way to deal with it is to keep the balance between the three, but you also need to make sure you have always left options still open. If not, you can get stuck during events, so what you do is you move forward slower than you actually can.

BGRAY2002

Private
You are getting ahead of yourself. Basically going forward in the game consists of three parts. The questline, the tech tree and the continent map. Best way to deal with it is to keep the balance between the three, but you also need to make sure you have always left options still open. If not, you can get stuck during events, so what you do is you move forward slower than you actually can.
This helps - I found myself getting caught up in those battle points! I will practice some patience from here on!! Greatly appreciate the advise

Lady Rosbhan

Private
Also you can reach a point where you cannot get any further unless you age up. And if you do not do so your ability to do recurring quests become limited until you do move up.

Kltpzyxm

Private
Interesting on the above posts. Obviously I am ahead of myself but I cannot understand why I levelled up to Mars without completing Virtual World. Can anyone please help me out here or have I lost out on Virtual completion? TIA

Interesting on the above posts. Obviously I am ahead of myself but I cannot understand why I levelled up to Mars without completing Virtual World. Can anyone please help me out here or have I lost out on Virtual completion? TIA
You can age up to Mars, but you'll lack Mars Ore, which you get from the Mars map.

Knight of ICE

Yeah but how come I levelled up to Mars without completing Virtual?

In the tech tree, you do not have complete everything to reach Mars. All you need to do is complete the first tech for Mars when available. Same goes for the Continent map. Basically you can reach Mars with still provinces in Industrial for instance open.

palomar

Private
On a couple of worlds where I have been camping in low eras like EMA or even Industrial I got a couple of eras ahead on the map and it's causing me headaches as I don't want to age up. When I get quests that need me to acquire sectors, I can't do them - either I don't have the goods from the higher age where I'm at on the map, or my troops are too weak against those on the map.

On the other hand, there is a guide on the forums that shows you how to get a handful of troops from higher eras, it needs a combination of doing map and story quests in the right order, a fair bit of work to do it, but as a game strategy, if you can follow it correctly, getting those advanced troops can be quite nice (as long as you don't let them die...and then you've done all that work for nothing, or be willing to spend diamonds to revive them)

Shad23

Emperor
I can't do them - either I don't have the goods from the higher age where I'm at on the map, or my troops are too weak against those on the map.
you can do fp vs goods trades to get the goods to take the sectors if you know players who sell goods if not then go on chat there is always someone who will be happy to sell you some goods

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
I'm also interested in advancing as far as possible in the continent map whilst camping in FE, if only for the expansion slots, although they seem to have become rarer. Currently on part 2 of the Venus map.
Getting very tough but my recently planted Virgo Project is making some difference. Interesting that for some fights I am having better luck with the drone swarms (fast) rather than the usual hovers (heavy) or rail guns (artillery).

r21r

Major-General
I'm also interested in advancing as far as possible in the continent map whilst camping in FE, if only for the expansion slots, although they seem to have become rarer. Currently on part 2 of the Venus map.
Getting very tough but my recently planted Virgo Project is making some difference. Interesting that for some fights I am having better luck with the drone swarms (fast) rather than the usual hovers (heavy) or rail guns (artillery).
try TE drones aswell.
myself used to stay long in CE, Strike Teams , Attack hellicopters, even CE Tanks where handy on AA GvG map, depends your boosts ofc