• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Advanced troops

DeletedUser115047

While in Progressive era, how can one acquire unatached MG TEAM?

I know there are story quests and bonus quests that will give u couple of ME troops + quests that will give u 1 comando and 4 commandos, but on wiki I could not find any quests that would be doable while in PE and would give MG team as reward.

Im sure it is possible since I saw a player in PE with MG team ( yeah i know, should have just asked where he got it xD).

I doubt it is just random reward....maybe how u acquire sectors on ME/PME map has to do sth with it?

DeletedUser

The main storyline most likely and otherwise via general Grievus.
And yes, advancing on the campaign map helps.

Shad23

Emperor
advancing on the campaign map helps.
it does not just help it is needed for you to get advanced troops with your main story line quests you need to be ahead of your era on campaing map otherwise you'll get troops of your era from the quests if i'm not mistaking

DeletedUser115047

you need to be ahead of your era on campaing map otherwise you'll get troops of your era from the quests if i'm not mistaking

errmm,
deffinitelly not,
if there is a bonus quest or story quest that has fixed reward like 1 commando, u will get that reward no matter where u are on campaign map,
true, u might not get the quest itself untill u reach some point on campaign map tho.
but after clearing ME and PME map while in PE i do not plan to push further.

It must have been some bonus quest line that started pervious age and i might have aborted or way how i got sectors on map ( fight/negotiate) that locked me out of getting MG teams....

Shad23

Emperor
true, u might not get the quest itself untill u reach some point on campaign map tho.
exactly what i was saying you need to have reached that point on Continent map to get the quest
lol , so you were saying i was wrong while your explanation says i'm right

DeletedUser113901

• Main storyline gives most advanced units.
  • Output of the ME storyline differs wether you fight or negociate the imperial islands (the last 2 ones).
  • MG team is PME.
  • I couldn't get MG teams I got rocket artilleries instead if you could explain this.
  • Grivous gives 1 commando once and I don't remember if it's Grivous or Ragu that gives the ardmored infantries.