• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Additional confirmation buttons for buildings currently producing

DeletedUser

Hello!

I know a similar idea has recently been approved for selling buildings, this is an extension to that idea.

Proposal:

Change the user interface when buildings are busy producing/training etc. by changing lay-out or adding a confirmation.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Yes - A conformation for selling buildings has been mentioned. Apart form that I scoured this forum but could not find it.

Reason:

When a building is producing, be it a goods building, resource building, or military building, I find the current information tab which appears when you click on the building needs to be improved.

Currently, there are two buttons, a bright red one saying 'cancel production', or a bright green one saying continue (and a little black one to close the tab). As a force of habit from using computers a lot to write reports etc, and from games, if I click on something by accident I click the bright red button that says cancel habitually due to the fact this usually means 'close' or similar. However, in this case, red means cancel production. Quite a few times now I have clicked on a building by mistake and by habit pressed the red cancel tab to exit this screen, which cancels the production, and is quite annoying, especially in the middle of an 8 hour goods production.

Just another point, this red cancel button is on the army management screen when about to attack, where it does mean close and go back.

Therefore I propose a change to this interface, either by incorporating a confirmation to cancel (as per selling houses) or by changing the lay out/colour scheme of the buttons.

Details:

Includes either re-styling the current interface, by making the red button 'exit screen' or making the current exit screen button red and more visible so simple folk like me are not attracted to the current cancel button by mistake, along with making the cancel production button less obvious.

Alternatively, make these production tabs similar to the Town Hall or Army Management where there is only an 'Okay' button at the bottom which closes and returns to the town map, and the buttons to perform tasks are elsewhere.

Or, incorporating a confirmation if you do click this cancel production button by mistake.

Visual Aids: None needed, everyone knows the tab I'm on about

Balance: No changes needed to other aspects of the game

Abuse Prevention: No abuse problems, apart from avoiding the 'abuse'ive language directed at my computer when I make this mistake ;)

Summary: I don't think this will be hard to implement. I'm not sure if others have this problem. It will also make different tabs more coherent if the same button meant the same thing in all of them. (I.e. the big red cancel in the army management tab prior to an attack closing the screen and returning to the map, compared to cancel in the production tab cancelling production, or an 'Okay' as per the town hall or army management when viewing your own town).

Edit - I have also just noticed that if you click on a house while it is producing coins, the big red button at the bottom saying cancel does mean close and return to home screen. I think this is where my confusion comes from and why it needs clearing up.

Cheers

N

Last edited by a moderator: