• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Adding to other's GB's

• Thread starter DeletedUser116822
  • Start date

DeletedUser116822

The new way of contributing to other's GBs by entering the exact amount is good. but on a few occasions now I have entered an amount and collided with another player and lost hundreds of f

That's what I was saying a long time ago - 2 or more people attempting to take a slot - if it's slot 1 will cause the GB to level and the number 2 guy losses big - in GB club it's a major problem - that's why donation clubs must have strict posting/donating rules - a race condition is a loss of many FP's

DeletedUser

And you want Inno to fix it for you, or compensate you? Not happening.
He was just quicker than you.

DeletedUser110131

I think maybe blocking the last of two donations that occur within lag time + .5 seconds of each other might preserve the excitement, while also avoiding the downside of accidental leveling and loss of FPs. It could be worth a shot?

- - -
P.S. for the benefit of Agent327: I have no idea how much code would be required. However, there's a risk of bugs, so testing would be needed, which is often the more time consuming part of the process. Of course, you would probably find the bugs very funny, and so be perfectly fine with them. Good for you.

- Ellie -

Sergeant
Happened to me once, lost a good 300 fp :D, i didn't realise until it levelled and I thought, well I done my calcs right and then saw someone else who had pipped me adding at precisely the same time, like what are the odds, it happens though I have been really lucky ever since...

DeletedUser118860

Pardon my ignorance but I'd like to know 1. If the owner levels his GB the first 5 contributors get their rewards. 2. If someone else levels (deliberately or by mistake) then does everyone lose or just that person, or did I misunderstand what was said above? I had heard that only the owner should level his GB but I never knew why.

Whoever levels it makes no difference the people in the top 5 spots get the rewards.

The point of owner levelling is so they can collect, level and immediately collect again. Other people levelling it stops this and puts gb out of sync with the rest

DeletedUser118860

Whoever levels it makes no difference the people in the top 5 spots get the rewards.

The point of owner levelling is so they can collect, level and immediately collect again. Other people levelling it stops this and puts gb out of sync with the rest
Thanks CV that explains it except that I thought the owner doesn't get any reward (other than the GB itself) so what does he collect? I thought whoever levels it gets nothing and as the owner gets no rewards anyway, he might as well be the one who levels it. So that's not the case then?

I think you may have misunderstood.

ie. A cape gives fp's let's say 20. It's 10minutes from collection time and only 1 fp from leveling.

If the owner waits 10 minutes, he can collect 20 fp's, spend 1 fp to level and collect 21 fp's in 1 second.

However if someone else levels it before the 10 minutes is up or if he levels it after the 10 minutes is up, but before the owner collects the 20 fp, the owner will only collect 21 fp's

So it's better to let the owner level his GB unless of course you wish to mess up the double-collect as we call it. This is true for all GB's that have some kind of output that is collectable, such as Traz, CdM, and so forth.

DeletedUser118860

Depends who you ask.

If I saw someone had tried to donate at the same time as me but lost out I would enjoy that :P the other way around, not so much
How would you know the person did that? Surely you would only see the result of your adding to the GB?

DeletedUser118860

I think you may have misunderstood.

ie. A cape gives fp's let's say 20. It's 10minutes from collection time and only 1 fp from leveling.

If the owner waits 10 minutes, he can collect 20 fp's, spend 1 fp to level and collect 21 fp's in 1 second.

However if someone else levels it before the 10 minutes is up or if he levels it after the 10 minutes is up, but before the owner collects the 20 fp, the owner will only collect 21 fp's

So it's better to let the owner level his GB unless of course you wish to mess up the double-collect as we call it. This is true for all GB's that have some kind of output that is collectable, such as Traz, CdM, and so forth.
You are quite correct in that I didnt understand at all! It's quite new to me to hear about collecting from a GB - it's something I never thought of and now it makes perfect sense! . The fog has lifted, the light went on! Thanks for taking the time to explain and I had to search the Forum to find this out.

DeletedUser118860

You are quite correct in that I didnt understand at all! It's quite new to me to hear about collecting from a GB - it's something I never thought of and now it makes perfect sense! . The fog has lifted, the light went on! Thanks for taking the time to explain and I had to search the Forum to find this out.
I rushed off to see in practice what you explained. I hadn't checked on the collection time of any of my (few) GBs and now I see the timer that shows when collection is due. I notice that not all GBs give something tangible like fps, coins, supplies or medals like Zeus for instance. So could any member level that GB without causing the owner a problem?