• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Adding Tactics to GvG

DeletedUser107476

Proposal

An increase of support given to HQ and Sectors and a change to what happens to sectors that do not receive support.

Reason

At the moment GvG is out of sync with the rest of the game in terms of support given to defending armies. On both Continent Map and Guild Expeditions the support can go way above 75%.

Many guilds hold sectors in GvG beyond their support range. Support from the respective of how I see it is food and weapons being supplied to the sectors. Hence when a sector is not connected to the HQ it no longer receives support. If troops are not receiving food they would slowly starve to death.

Details

Support would continue rising for HQ and sectors beyond Industrial Age. This would mean that by Future Era the HQ would have 135% support and sectors would have 115%.

Any sector that is not receiving support would take damage due to starvation and malnutrition at Calc daily.

Balance

As stated earlier it would bring GvG more in balance with the rest of the game. It would also mean expanding beyond your support level would have a cost and allow more guilds onto the maps. The maps would become more competitive as guilds look for the best sites on the map.

Abuse Prevention

N/A

Summary

This would add a tactical edge to GvG, it would also make the maps more competitive for the best sectors and allow more guilds onto the map.​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100832

I would scrap sector protection and put in place a decreasing def bonus. That way, guilds can pick a moment when the def bonus is low enough for them to attack the sector.

DeletedUser107476

seems like Guilds in higher ages get better stuff
I am not clear on what you mean by Guilds in higher ages get better stuff?
Higher support to sectors and HQ combined with the damage from overextending means that guilds will struggle to hold as many sectors. This will open up the maps more and at the same time make them more competitive as guilds try and get the best sectors.

DeletedUser111848

it would mean guilds in like all ages would get better bonuses

DeletedUser108827

I believe GvG need some review to make it more interesting challenging and away from full auto where only the guild with the best internet connections win.
So +1 to the OP for a start, it is a good idea but probably not suficient on its own.

I think we also need to move GvG away from all auto fight and change it to manual only , of course greatly decrease the number of defending armies to maybe 30 at max with possibly 5 attack armies only , this combined with the OP idea of increasing defense bonus would start again to make GvG a matter of strategy not only your PC specs hability to resist the well documented memory leaks caused by flash player and the other major determining factor being internet speed with some players able to produce 5 time more auto fight in the same time as other.

The other thing that will absolutely need to be adressed if we want to make GvG great again is to stop the ability of the one man guilds to put several hundred AA attacks daily with all spear sieges just to bump their power score and doing so damaging any chance of the guilds trying to play by the rules to maintain their defenses