• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Guild Expeditions] Adding an "Average Encounters" to Guild GE list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
When you click on the bar to see a list of members in the guild and how many encounters they have completed, it would be nice if in the bar above it included an "Average Encounters" to give the guild an idea of how it affects the guild when you have some completing and some not doing much.

Have searched and found no similar ideas.

Cannot see how this can be abused.

It would be a simple algorithm and slight change to current visuals so shouldn't take up much server time either.

DeletedUser110195

+1

(It would take no server time since the average can be calculated from the data at the client browser/app.)
I'm neutral on this, it won't affect me one way or the other, but the people who will complain about increased lag and being slowed down will surely point out that no matter which side of this it's done on, they will experience the lag.

Not that this should matter to the GvGers trying to shave off every tenth of a second they can...but this is kind of irrelevant....I want to know specifically who is not doing GE, I couldn't care less about the average number of completed encounters....besides which your guild's % in the championship is the average, # of guildies x 48 x 0.###(your percentage here) and you get the number of encounters completed by the guild. Divide that by the total number of guildies for an average. My guild is averaging 21 encounters completed(We have 16 0's atm)

DeletedUser96901

multiply with members. divide by members

or simply:
percentage * 48 = average

DeletedUser103370

When you click on the bar to see a list of members in the guild and how many encounters they have completed, it would be nice if in the bar above it included an "Average Encounters" to give the guild an idea of how it affects the guild when you have some completing and some not doing much.

Have searched and found no similar ideas.

Cannot see how this can be abused.

It would be a simple algorithm and slight change to current visuals so shouldn't take up much server time either.

+1
This could come handy, but I'd make it visible only for the guild leader, and the ones he decides to share it with.

DeletedUser103370

Why? This is simply a matter of easy presentation of data, not anything secret. Anyone could work it out from the available numbers but putting the average can make the 'fame or shame' aspect clear for all and thereby help gain more GE participation.

For the same reason only people with the right privileges can see when was the last time a guild member was online.
For example, if someone plants a spy in an enemy guild it can be a precious info to decide the number of active members. Also it's not everyone else's business what you do and when. We have privileges for these kind of data in the guild, I think it should be the same with this one.

DeletedUser110179

... make the 'fame or shame' aspect clear for all and thereby help gain more GE participation.
I think penalties and shame may go a long way in increasing the level of GE participation ...

but only reward and inspiration can really motivate most players to finish the GE on a regular basis. That will probably be tied up with guild goals and long-term ambitions. Inno have gone a long way to make the GE lucrative but it's up to leadership to inspire their members.

DeletedUser103370

I think penalties and shame may go a long way in increasing the level of GE participation ...

but only reward and inspiration can really motivate most players to finish the GE on a regular basis. That will probably be tied up with guild goals and long-term ambitions. Inno have gone a long way to make the GE lucrative but it's up to leadership to inspire their members.

• penalties can still be handed out by the appropriate leaders
  • shame can still be sorted the same way (though I'd highly encourage that, it's up to the leadership)
I think what you trying to achieve is to use this as a tool of incentive to play GE. If your goal is that, then your leadership can simply send a mail every week listing all the people who didn't participate (which anyone can check on the weekly GE leader-boards anyway)

Also as I said, since the OP talks about average, this is a sensitive information, which doesn't belong outside the guild. Because of that, only the trusted leadership with the right privileges should see it.

No one is here to be ashamed, we are here to feel ourselves good, shaming is the worst kind of "incentive" one could think of. It hurts the player-base, the reputation of the game, and the whole atmosphere in overall.
Giving motivation for playing GE should be handled, no argument there, but this is not the way to do it.

DeletedUser110195

• penalties can still be handed out by the appropriate leaders
  • shame can still be sorted the same way (though I'd highly encourage that, it's up to the leadership)
If completing GE encounters was this important to a guild, the leadership would make GE mandatory, and would kick members who didn't, which provides the penalty for anyone who would use it. I regularly cast shame on the perennial 12 who never do any GE in my main guild discreetly, no one's name is dropped but they know who they are.

I just don't see the need for anything that's been suggested, including the original proposition.

DeletedUser103370

If completing GE encounters was this important to a guild, the leadership would make GE mandatory, and would kick members who didn't, which provides the penalty for anyone who would use it. I regularly cast shame on the perennial 12 who never do any GE in my main guild discreetly, no one's name is dropped but they know who they are.

I just don't see the need for anything that's been suggested, including the original proposition.

Well I can see one advantage, to simply put "tracking" the behavior of guild members by the leadership. It'd make it easier for you as a leader, to set a standard. For example, I'm with my guild for more than 3 years. I nearly always do the required GE every week, however now I have a lot of work to do, and I missed it a couple of times recently.
If the leader has an average up in his sleeve, then he would see it that mine is still very high.
So you could set yourself a standard, like if the average falls under a certain threshold, then you need to make steps.

Hell if it made smartly, you could set this threshold in-game with a simple slider/input, and the ones falling below could be indicated for you ie. with a red color.

If we go even further, it could have an automated notification system, when someone falls below, it'd automatically send him the message you've pre-set.

And if we go even deeper :), under a certain point the member could be automatically dispelled if you want to!

Of course these last things are optional, just wanted to show that it can be made even more useful, especially for GE oriented guilds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have misunderstood this suggestion.

I had thought it was about showing an average for that week of members of the guild.

I now realise that it is meant to be an average for each individual player, over some number of weeks. That is computationally a different matter. Normally, statistics are handled by providing an interface for 3rd parties to do what they want, e.g. foestats.com

I suspect that this idea would gain better traction through supporting an analysis site in getting the data necessary.

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
I suspect that this idea would gain better traction through supporting an analysis site in getting the data necessary.

Yes I agree but currently there is no way to export data from the game regarding both GE and Treasury where the information becomes valuable to maintaining a guild and its growth

Status
Not open for further replies.