• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Add information tab for GBs already built

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Proposal: Add a second tab to the Great Buildings window for GBs you have already built, giving the information about the history which is available before you build it.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yes - searching 'Great Building info' and 'GB info' yielded no similar ideas

Reason: It's a pity that the info about the history of the GB is not available in-game once you have built it. I love to read about the history of the Great Buildings, but cannot do so in-game once I have built a GB. The information is available outside of the game, it would just be nice to have it in-game (then I have even less reason to spend time outside the game :p)

Details: The second tab would be the same as the second tab for those GBs you have BPs for but have not yet built. See visual aids.

EDIT: Completely forgot to mention that this should be accessed by clicking on the GB in your city, in the same way as construction info is now - a second tab on that window as per the visual aids.

^^^ this is where my idea differs from that of mink, below, which is also an excellent idea. I would love to know how many duplicate BPs I have for some of the GBs I have already built.

Visual Aids:
GB - construction tab - complete.pngGB - info tab -complete.png

Balance: No issues I can think of

Abuse Prevention: Not an idea that is abusable (I think)

Summary: A second tab on the 'Construction' window you get when you click on a GB in your city, giving the information which is available before you build the GB.

EDIT: I really like byeordie's alternative idea (post #6 below) for a tool tip or pop-up rather than a second tab. It might look something like this - though with the tool tip/pop-up a little smaller perhaps?)

GB - tooltip - complete.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser1081

+1, and I'd take it even further: In our inventories, why are we not allowed to click on buildings we've already constructed, to see the details about them and the number of duplicate BPs we've collected for them? Please let us see that!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Once we can do things with duplicate BPs, won't this idea make this redundant?

Amy Steele

General
Maybe it will make mink's idea redundant, but I don't see how it makes mine in the OP redundant at all? Unless you mean that by having a function for duplicate BPs we will be able to access the history/information tab of the GBs we have already built via the inventory? But I would still prefer to be able to click on my GBs already in my city and see the information tab that way.

EDIT: Edited my OP to make it clearer.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7719

I'm saying that most of the information is already on there. The bonus are explained if you hover your cursor over the bonuses on the original screen, size should be obvious, it says what age it's in by hovering over it, how much fp you need for level 1 by going to the first page (even though that would get annoying). The only thing it doesn't have is it's description, and that could be as simple as making an idea to just hover your cursor over the picture of the GB itself (or click on it to get a tiny pop up)...
That and also when duplicate BPs finally come into use, you could also find the information by going to your inventory and to the GB you built.

DeletedUser

Perhaps, although hovering over the building wouldn't help - right now you get the information about how long to collect etc, if you added the description and all that information there as well it wouldn't be really practical anymore :(

Amy Steele

General
I'm saying that most of the information is already on there...The only thing it doesn't have is it's description, and that could be as simple as making an idea to just hover your cursor over the picture of the GB itself (or click on it to get a tiny pop up)...

Now why didn't I think of that! Thanks byeordie :)
Of course - all that is needed is a pop-up, or a tool-tip on the picture :D

Added to OP :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.