• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Add hotkeys to the game for quick menu access

Surge

Brigadier-General
Proposal: Add hotkeys to the game for quick menu access.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yes, this thread suggests it to a limited degree. I want these darn things everywhere.

Reason:You can easily cut down half the clicking if you had hotkeys. It's also very easy to navigate around everything.

Details: Numbers 1 - 4 for goods and 1 - 6 for production would represent time productions in ascending order. When in a window, like the guild info or private messages, esc button should exit window. Keys of corresponding building menus, like R for residential buildings, or G for Goods buildings. Buidling actions should have hotkeys, like S for sell.

Visual Aids: Easy enough to imagine.

Balance: Remove 12 year old residents with rocket launchers.

Abuse Prevention: I ran out of stupid jokes to make. There is no way hotkeys can break the game.

Summary: Add hotkeys for quick navigation.

Last edited:

DeletedUser16026

I am not sure where exactly I've seen this idea previosly, must have been somewhere else, but one of the reasons mentioned for it not being a viable option was due to making bots/scripts easier to work with the hotkeys. I'm not fully sure on this though, I can't find the thread again and I do know it was a while back.

Personally, I do like the sound of hotkeys and agree that it would save a lot of time. +1

ETA @Surge: no no, didn't meant that thread. Might have been elsewhere (a different forum), I just remember someone replying to the idea that it may not be a viable option due to bots/scripts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge

Brigadier-General
I actually linked the thread. Maybe the link sentence wasn't long enough to be noticed, but yes, it was suggested, but to a limited degree.

DeletedUser7719

My opinion is still the same :p
I could of sworn I saw this exact idea before (but it's nowhere in sight). I think there's a reason my FoE doesn't have any sort of hotkey setup in their game, but until I know for sure: +1 from me

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

I quite like this idea as well, +1 from me but it would probably need some major code alterations

DeletedUser97579

The reasons I'd heard were that there were no hotkeys as they wanted it to be platform independent. If (I'll say IF rather than When) a proper tablet version comes out they wanted a seamless experience between them both.

That being said, big +1 from me.