• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Add Friends

• Thread starter Deleted member 112124
  • Start date

kernbeep

Private
Another thing that the system does is keeping you from having only higher-era friends, as most of your friend requests will likely come from same-era or lower-era players.

Sadly, the current system will probably lead me to stop accepting friend requests from lower age players, as they seem the most prone to going inactive. I already consider requests from low era players very carefully to see if they have started building GBs and if they have upgraded their tavern. I may leave a friend request unanswered for a week until I see if they are regularly clearing their tavern and upgrading it. On the other hand, I am usually able to get higher era players to accept a friend request by contributing to their GBs (if they are in my hood) and by aiding them daily before sending a request.

Perhaps if Inno see people limiting their friends list to 80, they may begin to understand that the current system is flawed.

DeletedUser

Then I suggest that you open a new thread in the "Ideas" section explaining why the change is necessary and what benefits it would bring to the game. As far as I know, that's the best way to catch Inno's attention.

dimondus

Captain
What if the method remains but instead game track how many invites left?
For example if I added 40 friends earlier and then 40 people added me I still have 40 invites left.
That way late era players will still be forced to accept n00bies as friends till 80 mark and then left with 60 invites to spend how they like.

kernbeep

Private
What if the method remains but instead game track how many invites left?
For example if I added 40 friends earlier and then 40 people added me I still have 40 invites left.
That way late era players will still be forced to accept n00bies as friends till 80 mark and then left with 60 invites to spend how they like.
This would make a lot of sense.
I would like to be able to manage my 80 Friend invites without having to remove the 60 players that have asked to Friend me.

dimondus

Captain
I would like to be able to manage my 80 Friend invites without having to remove the 60 players that have asked to Friend me.
With current strategy FoE forces new players to get as much high level friends as possible and then leaves an option for other 60 invites. But who will invite a 5-10k player if only another 5k player that will quit playing in 2 weeks. And if you still manage to get over 100-120 friends and high points player quit playing... you screwed because you can't replace him/her without removing 20-40 friends.

kernbeep

Private
And if you still manage to get over 100-120 friends and high points player quit playing... you screwed because you can't replace him/her without removing 20-40 friends.

That's the flaw with the current system. i have no objections to helping smaller players get a full Friends list, but I have to drop them all again in order to invite someone new to my Friends list.

In my case, I wanted to add a Guild member who was visiting another guild for a short while, but found I had to remove 61 other friends to get my total number under 80. I would have preferred to drop a handful of players who had become less active.

DeletedUser111589

I can understand the need for a limit on friends, though I would prefer if it was total friends only, so you could just delete one add one kind of deal, instead of having to get yourself below your invite threshold.

What I would like most though is for friends who have gone inactive, or at least haven't aided/sat in your tavern in, like, a week? to be highlighted somehow, so when it comes time to clean house, it is easier. I just hit 100 friends, so figured it was time to clean house in my list, because i know damn well that half of them haven't aided me in weeks or even months. But because i don't want to delete the good friends, I've had to create a list of all 100 people, and then check my activity feed a few times a day and record who aided and sat in my tavern. I am not going to be draconian about it, not like, 'have to sit every single day without fail' but if after a week, someone hasn't sat in my tavern even once, (and I am clearing my tavern a few times a day before it's full during this time to make sure no one ever comes to a full tavern) they're gone. That is TEDIOUS and more work than it should have to be, just so i can clear out the trash so i can invite some people who may actually aid me back.

*edit - just counted and after 3 days, looks like 38 have aided/sat. I suspect i will have a few more, but still, ouch, that's around 60% inactive on my list. but it will get me well below the threshold, at least, but will likely only add a few more from my neighbors who have been good about reciprocating when i aid them

You shouldn't have done that during holidays. One of friends that would visit my tavern 5 days out of 7, during a holiday week visited just once. Now that holiday passed, he is back to his usual visits.

But regarding topic, indeed, having number of invites always open as long as they aren't spent is a good idea. Having invite number cluttered with those that invited is kinda a fail.