• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

add an opt-out button

DeletedUser106925

Proposal:
Add an opt-out of guild expeditions button

Reason:
Seems every week that someone is going on vacation/holiday in my guild, it's unfortunate that their zero score for not completing any encounters during the week event affects the overall participation percentage.

Details:
Add an option to not participate if you know you'll be away for the week long event.
Possible penalty could include that you lose the daily bonus coins and forge points so that active people don't abuse this idea because they are lazy!!

Agent327

Overlord
You can leave the guild and return after the week.

Opt-out would lead to abuse. You can have all but 1 player in your guild opt-out and have that player finish the 4 levels.

DeletedUser111866

Not one but three, but yes, mass opting out of guild expedition can ruin worldwide tournament. Note that with many players opting out the GE unlocking cost will also decrease. However, this might indeed be an option for those that don't play GE for any reason, not limited to vacations. GE opt out, if implemented, should be set or unset while GE has not yet started, to provide correct cost and percentages for those that opt in.

Overall, I'm for this, but this idea affects some other aspects of the game, thus should be balanced vs them.

+1

DeletedUser113033

well, interesting idea....if u go offline for longer period, maybe some kind of "freeze" button for the whoke city, including being out of ge.....
You can have all but 1 player in your guild opt-out and have that player finish the 4 levels.
and that would be stronger than a guild with more players also finishing lvl4?

DeletedUser112892

I would give +1 to this idea, but with some modifications so it cannot be abused. Like, there should be maximum amount of members that can opt-out, but that number needs to be flexible, so it depends on amount of members in guild.
So, with some modifications, my final vote is +1.

rjs66

Lieutenant
there is an opt out of GE button available via the guild leadership

if you don't want to help your guild grow , it's called "dismiss player"

otherwise you take the rough with the smooth, just another strategic decision in a strategy game

DeletedUser112892

there is an opt out of GE button available via the guild leadership

if you don't want to help your guild grow , it's called "dismiss player"

otherwise you take the rough with the smooth, just another strategic decision in a strategy game
But, there are cases when players go to e.g. holiday and they aren't able to play ;)

rjs66

Lieutenant
if you're that worried about GE then they can leave the guild and get an invite back for a week or more later by arrangement with the leaders
less than a week then they can do some GE on the day(s) that they are there

Agent327

Overlord
There is no way this can be fair. If 10 people opt-out on a 65 member guild on monday, will it face 55 member guilds when GE starts? If so, they have an advantage. If not, they will face other 65 member guilds and also have an advantage with only 55 members having to compete and being counted.

Abuse of this is huge, no matter how you look at it.

Shad23

Emperor
will it face 55 member guilds when GE starts?
how would they be advantaged if they face a guild with same amount of players that do GE as the guild that has 10 that opted out 55 stays 55 if 55 do GE on the 65 and they face a 55 member guild , only thing i can see abuse on is the guild asks their lower era members to opt out so that their pts would be higher

Agent327

Overlord
If a 65 member guild has 10 optout and faces 55 member guilds with non op-outs they have an advantage, cause in every Guild there are a few that do not participate and they have taken care of those.
If a 65 member Guild has 10 opt-out and faces a 65 member Guild they have a clear advantage cause only 55 have to participate while in the other Guild still 65 have to.

I am in a 65 member Guild. 10 of us finish level 4 every time. So we have 55 opt-out and win always, no matter if we face a 10 or a 65 member Guild.

Shad23

Emperor
can you re read your last post pls
you are saying if a guild with 65 that only 55 opt to do it and goes against an other that has 55 in guild but all 55 opt to do it the other the 65 one has an advantage why ? they are both at 55 cause one of the 2 guilds has 10 who opted not to do i don't see the advantage , frankly i don't get it when a player never does 1 GE , GE is there to give us loads of stuff where is the advantage they get less pts for the guild more your members do GE more it gives advantages to the guild in crowns why would doing less be an advantage and in most guilds there are some members that don't do much GE or no ,

if a guild gets 10 that click on opt not to do GE and total members is 65 then only 55 do GE

now if that guild with 55 that have clicked do GE against a guild of 55 where all 55 do their GE
and those that have clicked on not doing GE can't do GE in any way that week

only way of abusing here is telling low members not to do GE so the guilds would have only high era members that are more paying for the guild then lower era

this would disadvantage low era players and would probably create tons of new guilds cause the lower era players will want to do GE for the rewards and will be told not to by guild

so a big -1

Agent327

Overlord
can you re read your last post pls
you are saying if a guild with 65 that only 55 opt to do it and goes against an other that has 55 in guild but all 55 opt to do it the other the 65 one has an advantage why ? they are both at 55 cause one of the 2 guilds has 10 who opted not to do i don't see the advantage , frankly i don't get it when a player never does 1 GE , GE is there to give us loads of stuff where is the advantage they get less pts for the guild more your members do GE more it gives advantages to the guild in crowns why would doing less be an advantage and in most guilds there are some members that don't do much GE or no ,

The 65 Guild has opt-out the deadwood. The 55 Guild hasn't.

only way of abusing here is telling low members not to do GE so the guilds would have only high era members that are more paying for the guild then lower era

No, it is telling all but 5 members not to do it and thiose5 can do 5 levels with ease.

Emberguard

Legend
higher guild member numbers mean those guilds have more access to goods for treasury. Therefore there's a disadvantage against those guilds who don't use the opt-out feature and have less members to unlock Lvl 4 then the guilds that lesson their members opting in.

Could you imagine if a 65 member guild opted out to just 5 members left? 5 member guilds would have a far less extensive guild treasury and might be unable to open lvl 4. 65 members would have a far greater range of ages available given there are 14 (now 15) ages.