• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Add a button to make buildings invisible/transparent

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser100341

I'm sure we've all accidentally sold something behind a building without reading the sell dialog. Only to find, oops, wrong building.

This idea of making a building invisible is pure genius. +1 from me.

Vesiger

Monarch
+1 - I've already got to the stage where reconfiguring my city reveals spaces I didn't even remember I had because they were hidden by bulky buildings..

DeletedUser97688

Big +1 - though there could also be an extension where buildings went transparent automatically when a building was being moved or placed

DeletedUser12400

+1
ZT0u31o.png

+1
Anything to allow seeing the city layout and moving things around would be great.

Even a button to swtich/toggle all bldgs to sticks mode would be great & probably easy to implement!

DeletedUser111351

What I would like to see would be something akin to this picture. Maybe add a fourth button next to the Sell, Move, Do Nothing buttons that appear while in build mode. Clicking said button toggles the display from the normal build display to a "flat" view of the city. The color scheme I used is random. The thought is different colors to help differentiate types of buildings (with tooltips still fully identifying any building that is hovered over). Text displayed is for visual clarification of this idea and not intended to actually appear in the game.
BuildMode.jpg

Gratski

Private
+1 from me.

Rearranging city layout would be so much better of we could just see the footprint and name of each building along with the roads. Today is my first day of forum posting ... I wish I'd been here earier. I've been playing since November 2016.

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
HUGE +1 for me, not having this already implemented causes me continual pains in the area I sit upon whilst playing FoE

DeletedUser110713

+1
The alternative could be a 2D satelite view of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.