• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Add a block function for GB contributions idea

DeletedUser

Reasoning: In some eras you end up in the hood with the same people frequently and because they have the level 80 – 100+ Arcs they are constantly levelling and sniping first place by the exact amount so that they can walk away with lots of free FP packs/rewards. Though with friends they can be removed from the list or with guild mates it’s as simple as taking them off your list or changing guilds this does nothing when someone is trapped in the same hood. Short of disconnecting a GB and only ensuring that you have a group of people to level a building can be difficult and not possible for some players. Most players who snipe in past experience tend to continue regardless even when you’ve written them not to. It would be nice to see GBs being available to guild mates and friends who players want to help instead of seeing numerous people with 20 - 200+FP who don't even make the top five because people jumped into the building.

I’m suggesting a block function just like with individual messages where you can bar them from being able to put into your building with a maximum number of people capable of being blocked capped at 100 so that players don’t abuse the function.

I

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Hi , this idea was proposed several times in several different ways and reasons why we need it ... unfortunately it didn't get any traction then and i am afraid it might not even now ...
Some proposed this simmilar thing in regards of the last fps ... so somebody wouldn't level your building and mess up your collection and double dip ... others more simmilar to yours ...
I am sure that what allmoast all players would tell you is that if a person wants a spot they should either secure it with there own invesments or in other case ... you can make them secure by self leveling ... either way they would also tell you that it is all free and open market ...

This thing is happening and i am sure it will not stop any time soon ... it will get bigger as in any particular world gets more arcs lvl 80 ... and to be honest people don't invest 300+ days of work in arc just not to use it ... ok in my situation i can help my guildmates with 1.9 investment and in reaturn they do as well ... but it slso servs a purpose to get packs so that i can help build my own gbs.....

This is just a frendly comment ...

DeletedUser99588

-1. Find a strategy to stop them and if you can't just accept they are playing the game better than you.

DeletedUser96901

+1

but only if people who are blocking can't attack the person they block

Agent327

Overlord
I’m suggesting a block function just like with individual messages where you can bar them from being able to put into your building with a maximum number of people capable of being blocked capped at 100 so that players don’t abuse the function.
I

You and about a dozen others. Search function should be mandatory before you can start a thread.

DeletedUser

-1. Find a strategy to stop them and if you can't just accept they are playing the game better than you.

I agree that there are many different strategies that players "could" put into place but why should they have to? Wouldn't it be nice for guild members to be able to help someone in EMA-Progressive actually get first place on a level 3 Arc instead of putting in 200+ points only to end up out of even 5th place?

DeletedUser

You and about a dozen others. Search function should be mandatory before you can start a thread.

Sorry I had started searching and wasn't coming up with anything or close to what I was going to mention. There is a reason why I hardly use the forums or make suggestions and perhaps it's best I stop again. ;)

Agent327

Overlord
Sorry I had started searching and wasn't coming up with anything or close to what I was going to mention. There is a reason why I hardly use the forums or make suggestions and perhaps it's best I stop again. ;)

Why should that be an excuse? Every forum has rules and usually those are very plain to see. If reading them is to much of an effort for you, you are making the right choice.

DeletedUser99588

I agree that there are many different strategies that players "could" put into place but why should they have to? Wouldn't it be nice for guild members to be able to help someone in EMA-Progressive actually get first place on a level 3 Arc instead of putting in 200+ points only to end up out of even 5th place?

They should have to because finding the best strategy for the various elements of the game is a key part of the gameplay. There isn't anything stopping guild members from helping but remember this isn't just a city building game there is an element of competition. Sniping places on GB's is all part of it.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
No, because if you really, really want to gain those bp's then you should just accept the fact that the most popular GB's are going to have a big up-front cost to acquire...

If you have to take upwards of 4-6+ days to hit 200fps on a GB, then you should look in the mirror and realise that you need to focus first on your own fp production instead of just blaming the big, bad, evil snipers.
They're worked their tails off to get that Lv80+ arc and are entitled to use & enjoy it however they see fit. (typically needing at least a good 6+ months to go from 0 bp's to Lv80, and in many cases, that Lv80 arc represents around a full year of effort to achieve!)

Snipers generally won't target Lv10-15 and under CdM/Haiga or >Lv10 Capes. (they almost certainly have much better ones to target first!)
Work on up'ing your fp farming so that you can instantly drop 50-60+ fp's just from your daily collect, on top of your 24 daily fp's...
Add to it the fp's you can earn daily/near daily from DC's, GE, recurring quests, etc... to further boost things.

Also, in the end, the only rule when it comes to donating to GB's: "if you want a spot, lock it up or suffer the consequences!"

Those filthy, disgusting snipers were at one time the guys getting sniped left right and center.
Only difference is, they worked on improving their game instead of crying on the forums about it! :P

DeletedUser113901

For the 10th time...
So what I could do with your idea is tell my PC (slow contribution) buddy to take 1st spot, block him just before lock, give 1st spot to someone else. Or leave the game blocking my contributors so they can't finish the lvl to shrink their losses.

Last edited by a moderator:

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Well @Thomas Covenent is right ... in a way ... i didn't spend 250 cca days of hard work to grow my arc to lvl80 so i can look at it ... and be impressed... i did it to earn fps ... i look at every friend and neighbours building and if a player looks active and ratio of investment to gain is good i really don't care what gb it is or what lvl it is ... i will take it ... the best ratio to profit is on some popular gbs but sometimes you hit a gold with a selfleveling player and you get nice reaturn even on a non popular gb of small lvl ... i am happy and he can also be ...

But in all of that he is also right , i was also in that position once ... but you in that case need to work on daily fps collection and make it as big as possible so you at least get some advantage with that .... and allways look is that investment really necessary.... and if it is you go and lock it and you take a loss .... i was going and placing small amounts and allmoast never i would get a place ..then offcours i stoped ... and re think ... and the best solution was just to take spots that you can lock with not to big loss ...taking in to account fps per 1 bp ... for arc bps i was ready to even loos 10 per 1 bps ... for HS not so much or lets say CoA ....

DeletedUser98451

-1 on the idea

Level 80 arcs can be very useful, self-levelling to a point where a big arc can donate 1.9 and make a profit or better still breakeven is the most efficient way of levelling your gb's until you get your arc up. Of course there will be some greedy level 80 arcs who expect big profits, they generally wait until the last moment to scoop the pot. When that happens just disconnect the gb and send a msg that their fp will be tied up until such time as you choose to release them, generally i find that doing this a couple of times does the trick, the bigger the amount of fp tied up the better providing that you can live without collecting the gb for a while