• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Active Vs Inactive...Who Knew?

DeletedUser103223

Its a sign of the lack of game development and instead cute little facebook type additional content. The longer they take to fix problems and make it more like farmville the more inactives they will continue to have

DeletedUser

Those figures don't really surprise me at all. You can see/feel it when you're playing, you always see the same people or no one at all. If anything, I'm a little surprised to see that the active figures hover around 5k!

As it is currently, if I add a new friend in the blind, I always check their aid activity after one week (along with the rest of my friends). Nothing? Then I drop them. You could always send the person a message first before extending friend request to check if they're active, though I don't usually bother. Remember, just because they're active doesn't mean they're helpful :lol: I'd prefer to judge people on their actions rather than an active indicator.

Vesiger

Monarch
It's the sign of a game that has been running a long time; most players don't play the same thing for years on end. We see the same thing on a small scale in our guild - we accept anyone, and the majority of the Bronze Age players drop out in their first month or so. Only a minority stay and keep on playing long-term.

The only real issue is that there is no mechanism by which dormant accounts can ever be purged, so the number of no-longer-active players will go on increasing indefinitely.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Time to kill some worlds , and find a way to get more actives together . ( merge-servers ) ?
Let guilds keep their levels /stats ..but merge in with a blank GvG map status .
- spicy :)

Vesiger

Monarch
One trouble is that all these dead accounts have diamonds in them, and diamonds represent real-world money that you can't just arbitrarily take because the owner hasn't spent it in a year or two (or it makes it more difficult, anyway).

DeletedUser50023

One trouble is that all these dead accounts have diamonds in them, and diamonds represent real-world money that you can't just arbitrarily take because the owner hasn't spent it in a year or two (or it makes it more difficult, anyway).

I confess ignorance, but could the city not be removed (and the player from the rankings) but if they ever come back, the diamonds are still in their name? That way no loss of real money.

It would also be cool if all their buildings stored themselves in their inventory in case they return 3 years later (maybe like I did) but that is just wishlisting, not a serious consideration I think....

DeeJayh

Private
It's frustrating to have inactive friends, especially when you're at friend limit. It would be good if their avaitor faded, or turned grey, if they hadn't played for say 3 months. At least then you'd be aware. If they return to play their avaitor returns to full-colour.

DeletedUser

It's frustrating to have inactive friends, especially when you're at friend limit. It would be good if their avaitor faded, or turned grey, if they hadn't played for say 3 months. At least then you'd be aware. If they return to play their avaitor returns to full-colour.
yes i say it should go orange when its 2 days like guild and when its week gray

DeletedUser110195

Time to kill some worlds , and find a way to get more actives together . ( merge-servers ) ?
Let guilds keep their levels /stats ..but merge in with a blank GvG map status .
- spicy :)
You're operating on the assumption that the active players in these worlds are all different people. I'm aware of 6 people who play on most or all servers, myself included. A large chunk of that 5k could be multi-world players.

DeletedUser4089

Yeah, server merging not gonna happen. Hood merging is difficult enough.

bs0877

Private
Maybe the active status should be taken into consideration during the neighbourhood shuffles.
If all non actives are carefully hidden to a far flung neighbourhood then they don't get int he way of active players.
I'm thinking of long term inactive so the same as accounts being deleted (when they don't own diamonds), they are then shifted to a special place until they re-emerge.

I did have a guild player return after 18 months, being the guild founder I kept him around for sentimental reasons, and yes hes AWOL again.

DeletedUser14881

There's no need to remove inactive accounts, they aren't that much of harm for the infrastructure (I hope). Just add a database condition based on the the last login of it wherever is needed.

Shouldn't take more than an hour (for tests and such)

DeletedUser105950

Regarding the friends list is there not a way to ensure that others in the friends list are more active ie. aid others not just visiting the tavern. There should be a way that the game purges them from the friends list, that way no hard feeling when some one becomes a rider and not a doer. If they are just taking up space and not helping others on the list time to purge them from the list. A month of non help is quite a while and receiving aid from others is not the way to be a friend.

DeletedUser108827

Regarding the friends list is there not a way to ensure that others in the friends list are more active ie. aid others not just visiting the tavern. .
Of course bigd131 there is a way, what is wrong with you doing a bit of work yourself rather then expecting the game to do it all for you.
Maintain a list of your friend , once every weeks or 2 go to your townhall / event history and type in the first few letters of each of your friends , the one who have been doing very litle for you in the last 5 days put a black mark next to their name on your list.
next time you check if they havent improve (someone could have been on holiday) kick them and replace

DeletedUser108827

and about innactive accounts it is my understanding that Inno is already deleting them automaticaly after a long period of innactivity.
If not it is obvious that there would be way more then 20K innactive accounts per world 80% of players starting a game give up on it within the 1st week (if not the 1st hour) within 3 months another 80% of the one left would be gone this game requires stamina and is not for everybody.
the problem is that Inno cannot delete any account if they have money (diamonds) invested in them therefore the 20K innactive figure I dont see it much of a problem to have 5K active players per world 100 active guild is more then enough in the competition ladder if if we had more players it would just slow the servers down

DeletedUser110255

Its obvious that player join, do that tutorial thingy and leave the city with bronze age townhall, 2 huts and trees.

dimondus

Captain
Showing indicators like in guild list for the global list would be helpful - 1/3/6 months or 3/6/12 months
or a check box to hide all inactive players over 1 month would help when looking for friends or guild members

What do YOU think ?

That would be awesome and free a lot of time spent browsing events history.