• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: acquire and upgrade "event" buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2029

Proposal:
a system that will enable all the players to acquire buildings that were awarded only through special events (Halloween, Christmas, Easter,...) or as a signup reward. (DIAMONDS!!!)

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
nothing

Reason:
I'm trying to solve 2 problems:
- players who start the game later, after special events, are unable to acquire those rewards buildings which in certain cases create to great of an imbalance (through no fault of their own)
- rewards buildings are usually more useful than your similar regular buildings, but even they become obsolete, and it would be nice if there's a way to keep them around longer

Details:
- place all reward buildings ever issued in Inventory under "Gifts" tab
- the price of each said building should only be in diamonds (50-250, depending on the building)
- starting price should be the same, no matter in which age the player decides to purchase a building (e.g. 200 diamonds for a Graveyard, no matter if the player is in BA or CA)
- the age of the purchased building should be determined in the moment the player buys it (i.e., these buildings are available from the start of the game, but if a player decides to buy his The Queen in EMA, she will get an EMA The Queen)
- any player can have only one reward building (of that type) in town (this also applies to the players who got theirs the "regular way", i.e. if a building is present in the town, it should be made unavailable for purchase (greyed out) in the Inventory)

- we should (could) also be able to upgrade the special buildings in order not to make them obsolete.
- e.g. a price for a Nutcracker is 70 diamonds (unless you have won it for Christmas, then you got it for free). but when you bought (got) it you were in IA. and now you're in CA, and that Nutcracker is only in the way. I propose that for a "purchase price" (in this case 70 diamonds) you are able to upgrade your Nutcracker to the next age (in this case to EMA), and for the same price, you're able to upgrade these special buildings up to the age you're currently in (and the next age when you reach it)
- so, if you want to upgrade your Nutcracker from IA to CA, you'd have to pay 4x70 diamonds, which probably doesn't pay for a Nutcracker, but there are awards buildings for which this might be worth it.
- upgrading is done by buying an upgrade in the inventory, and building over the chosen building (like houses)

- this idea (upgrading) does not apply to any other building in the game except awards buildings (so, NO to upgrading regular buildings, NO to upgrading regular diamond buildings)

Visual Aids:
none

Balance:
no changes to any aspect of the game

Abuse Prevention:
since this is suggested as an exclusively diamond feature, I don't think that "make it easier" applies here and all other possible abuses are covered (only 1 graveyard, if you've won it in the Halloween quest, you can't buy another one, but you can pay to upgrade it to the next age)

Summary:
No one in Houndsmoor has a Nutcracker or a Graveyard and people in E and G servers probably deleted theirs because they became obsolete (this was an issue during Birthday event). If diamonds are what keeps this game going, why punish people for starting late?

DeletedUser

Although I find your idea interesting, personally I think that these special event buildings show how long you've been with the game already. If it's possible to gain them at a later date, that "specialty" will disappear, so I'm not in favour of being able to buy them at a later point in time.
Upgrading them was already possible for a few of them, and who knows what the future will bring for upgrading others? :)

I myself would like it though if these buildings would re-appear in your inventory if you delete them, so they wouldn't get lost and you could show them off at a later date again - which still just goes to show how long you've been with the game ^^.

DeletedUser

+1

New players currently lose out through being unable to obtain Watch fires, wishing wells and the like, and although I agree with your opinion Pen, the inability for newer players to gain an equal footing will cause some inbalance.

I would suggest it be added in as a quest with a looping scenario so it may be repeated if a player wishes to, up to a reasonable limit. For example, when a player reaches EMA, a quest loop is triggered allowing them to purchase a watch fire at a cost of say 10,000 coin and 10,000 supplies each, the next one costing 11,000 coin & supplies etc then the player can choose to build it or not, if they choose not to, they don't get the opportunity to do so later.

DeletedUser

As far as I know the events are going to be done every year at about the same time. If you missed something just do the questline again and you will get it again. If the devs want you to only ever get one of something I'm sure they will introduce a divergent questline code to prevent you from getting it again.

As for upgrading special buildings. When the Anniversary event rolls around again I'm sure you will be able to upgrade the ones you missed due to deleting them if you get them again during the events they are given out at. As for any not covered under the Anniversary event, they will either not upgrade them at all or simply come up with a different event where you will be able to do so.

DeletedUser7719

I would want only people who had the building in the first place only be able to upgrade, and make it a fixed rate not matter how far of an age difference it is. (So if I had a Graveyard in the BA, it more diamond-saving to keep that rusty graveyard through the Iron Age and then spend it on the EMA).
Also, any bought special event building should go through a set of quests to really earn it. And when you do earn it: it should be one age below the age your currently in. (It's still mighty useful if you ask me)

DeletedUser

As far as I know the events are going to be done every year at about the same time.
Given that the game had only just turned 1 year old, how do you come to that conclusion? Also, waiting one year for an upgrade will be pointless, it will be outdated by other tech within 4-6 months easily (depending on what it is and where you are in the tech tree etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.