• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Account sitter

DeletedUser102348

I have had a look and done a search, but have not found this anywhere else.

As in other online games, why can't we have a facility to have an account sitter whist a player is away on holiday for example. Other games only allow a sitter acess to an account for 2 weeks (hard coded), then it has to be renewed by the account holder.
Sitter accesses account with his/her password. Limits to what they can do within the account can also be set up by holder, ie: trade, mail, officers rights (if app), donating FP's etc.

DeletedUser

This is unlikely to be implemented, but has been discussed before:

Holiday

It is also prohibited in the ingame rules:

1) One account per player
Each player may have one account per world. Each account may have only one user and may not be logged into or played by any other player.

From a personal point of view, I played one game where 'account sitting' or 'vacation mode' was an option and it was ripe for abuse.

DeletedUser102348

It is also prohibited in the ingame rules:

Rules can be changed, that is not a problem as far as I can see for Inno to do, after all they make them.

From a personal point of view, I played one game where 'account sitting' or 'vacation mode' was an option and it was ripe for abuse.

I agree, but set up properly, it works. I have, and still am playing since 2009 a game where it works perfectly fine.
As far as multi accounts are concerned, it's not beyond the wit of man to set up a ip address check system.

But like you, I can't see the likelyhood of this coming to fruition, no diamonds in it for them :P

DeletedUser

I agree, but set up properly, it works. I have, and still am playing since 2009 a game where it works perfectly fine.

Putting aside the fact that it is unlikely to happen, why would it be needed here? No one can attack your city and if you are away it just comes to a standstill until you return. There are also no inactive account sweeps to watch out for so you aren't in danger of losing your account by not logging in for a while. The only reason I can see for wanting to have someone sit your account is to collect coins, supplies and goods that you'd 'miss out' on whilst away; that's not a good enough reason - if you can't play for a while you don't get the benefits of playing.

DeletedUser96901

As in other online games...
in other games you can lose everything
coming back and your city is gone and you have to start from beginning needs sitters

but in this game when you come back your city is still the same as before
some building can be plundered but that doesn't hurt

so account sitting is not necessary

DeletedUser2989

-1 I just can't see this being needed and it'd open up too much more opportunity for abuse.