• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Ability to Modify Defensive AI Priorities

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14394

+1

Even it is an extremely good suggestion, it lacks the support from players. Bumping it to get support from players.

DeletedUser

This looks like an excellent idea so I support it! Good luck with the suggestion!

DeletedUser16188

I am supportive of these ideas.
I also strongly suggest that when an attacker is using a mostly Rogue army then AI should target the real units, as far as possible, first as a human player would AND if/when a rogue is converted to a unit with retaliatory ability then there is NO immediate retaliation - it was the Rogue that was hit, not the unit it became so no immediate retaliation should happen.

DeletedUser16188

I'm bumping this as I am really fed up that I have a strong defence and I've just been beaten, and plundered, by an attacker with less overall defence plus attack boost than I have, using one Anti Aircraft vehicle plus 7 Rogues when I have 6 AA vehicles and 2 Assault tanks.
Playing the game will rapidly become not worthwhile, or fun, if this imbalance is not corrected.
Please can someone from the FoE team comment on here what is happening on this please.
We have to take away the free retaliation when a rogue is hit, and allow AI to target the "real" units first when an army is mostly Rogues as others have suggested, otherwise people will drift away from the game as it feels unfair.

DeletedUser16188

I've just been plundered by someone with an attacking army of one damaged Anti Aircraft vehicle plus seven rogues that had a total defensive plus attacking boost of 112% (58 attack, 54 defence) when my defence is 6 AA plus 2 Assault Tanks with a boost of 148% (24 attack 124 defence).
It is not right and has to be corrected, otherwise I'm giving in and going to spend my time elsewhere.

bilboman

Corporal
I'm bumping this as I am really fed up that I have a strong defence and I've just been beaten, and plundered, by an attacker with less overall defence plus attack boost than I have, using one Anti Aircraft vehicle plus 7 Rogues when I have 6 AA vehicles and 2 Assault tanks.
Playing the game will rapidly become not worthwhile, or fun, if this imbalance is not corrected.
Please can someone from the FoE team comment on here what is happening on this please.
We have to take away the free retaliation when a rogue is hit, and allow AI to target the "real" units first when an army is mostly Rogues as others have suggested, otherwise people will drift away from the game as it feels unfair.

+1 If the developers want to keep the AI brain dead by default then the player should be able to choose a smarter AI.

DeletedUser99588

I like the idea but wonder if it would kill PvP? Maybe the attacker and defender can control AI settings if it was to go ahead. You could still fight manual if you wanted but would also be able to go auto and see whose predetermined attack strategy is better.

DeletedUser105579

Defensive ai is, to be honest, terrible. Sometimes they do good, but for the most part, considering watchfires, defensive ai is like an idiotic attacker from an age above. I certainly wouldn't mind this as a change (Perhaps add a likelihood section [as in give one general command that the units are 50% more likely to listen to] )

DeletedUser16126

This idea is great, so a big +1.
The concern of PvP where the defense is already very high and some players are already hard to get, the solution is easy.
The watchtowers came because it was too easy to beat others. Now the balance has switched completely to the other side.
Maybe it's time to really do again something on the attack side. A new GB with attack boost would be great, but will probably not be sufficient. Making the attack power increase linear also above level 10, would for sure bring back people to invest in attack boost rather than investing in Alcatraz to get extra units.

But increasing attack power will probably screw up GvG again for the smaller guilds...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1 love it love it love it..... we can control attacks already, why not have more control over our defense too!

DeletedUser

All u need is a priority list. Which troop to attack or defend against first.
Eg: fast, heavy,light.
The troop it attacks would be random.

Galladhorn

Monarch
+1

The idea is a good one. How exactly it can be made must be the headace of the devs. But as it is now the City Defence is of no real challenge to the experienced player with good Stats. IMO Rouges are playing a way to important role in the war tactics of FOE and seeing better tactical challenges should be embraced by all real strategy players.

"FOE will become a huge game the day that players can challenge each other Peer to Peer style."

DeletedUser12400

+1
ZT0u31o.png

DeletedUser109385

How can people vote for this idea? I can see unfair advantages for this idea: defenders will get the upper hand than attackers which I don't like it so a -1
P.S: funny when I propose an idea that makes life a little bit easy everyone is more likely to reject it especially OVERTYPE, this idea is giving a disadvantage to attackers but advantage to defenders, yes the IA is quite dumb just get defensive GBs and watchfires, that is why they are there for and will kind of put a drowner on all those players who worked with a strategy that work with the current IA, I just don't know why people are not pointing out the disadvantages of this idea when clearly it has disadvantages, I propose an idea and sure everyone downvotes me by telling all the disadvantages and even a disadvantage called "unnecessary" and none ever points out the advantages. More evidence to prove that people will vote for their friends and followers.
I really hope this idea doesn't get implemented as it will just make my strategies useless

DeletedUser110195

How can people vote for this idea? I can see unfair advantages for this idea: defenders will get the upper hand than attackers which I don't like it so a -1
P.S: funny when I propose an idea that makes life a little bit easy everyone is more likely to reject it especially OVERTYPE, this idea is giving a disadvantage to attackers but advantage to defenders, yes the IA is quite dumb just get defensive GBs and watchfires, that is why they are there for and will kind of put a drowner on all those players who worked with a strategy that work with the current IA, I just don't know why people are not pointing out the disadvantages of this idea when clearly it has disadvantages, I propose an idea and sure everyone downvotes me by telling all the disadvantages and even a disadvantage called "unnecessary" and none ever points out the advantages. More evidence to prove that people will vote for their friends and followers.
I really hope this idea doesn't get implemented as it will just make my strategies useless
It's PvP, there should be two players involved in those fights not just one. Crimany the map AI is smarter than our defense, it completely ignores rogues if there's something else to hit and always goes for the thing it does the most damage to. I'm glad this was forwarded.
+1 for what it's worth.

DeletedUser109708

I would like to include being able to shift whether to attack Rogues first or last, or treat them like any other unit. I am tired of watching the replay of an attack and seeing one soldier and seven rogues defeat my forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.