• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ability to hide the star & other icons on the top of the building

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser113102

Proposal: Ability to hide the star & other icons on the top of the building under setting menu

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: Yes, searched, have not found something similar by using keyword

Reason: As a city building game, one of the things people like is to enjoy the city view, however, with all these stars [Polished] [Motivated], it is not possible to look at the city very clearly, especially if the city has been polished many times. And there is no way to screenshot the city without stars. So having the ability to disable stars and GB icon showing on the top will be really great.

Details: when display settings, have a checkbox icon to toggle the star and icons. [Or have a camera function to screenshot and share]

Visual Aids: no

Agent327

Overlord
This isn't a city building game. If you want to enjoy your city view you should start playing Sim City.

DeletedUser112745

I can see how removing the UI / HUD especially the stars, can help get better snapshots or screenshots of cities. Some people like to capture their progress and share it with others, usually on social media.
(And people sharing nice images of their city on social media will attract new players).

+1 from me. I personally won’t use such a feature, but I can see why some may want to hide the UI / HUD or certain parts of them (ie the stars). Can’t hurt. :)

DeletedUser113102

I can see how removing the UI / HUD especially the stars, can help get better snapshots or screenshots of cities. Some people like to capture their progress and share it with others, usually on social media.
(And people sharing nice images of their city on social media will attract new players).

+1 from me. I personally won’t use such a feature, but I can see why some may want to hide the UI / HUD or certain parts of them (ie the stars). Can’t hurt. :)
Thank you Skott, You have speak out all the hidden message I wanted to share :)

Emberguard

Legend
+1

Not for aesthetics but because I can't always click the building I want to when the hitboxes are overlapping due to the stars

DeletedUser113033

+1

well said

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
+1
I like the idea .. and maybe i would even use it ... but also think it can go one step more , it could be maybe done as kind of "city view mode" where by one click all there is left on your screen is city uninterrupted with stars or menue icons. But even like this is a good and solid idea.