• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

a way to know who in guild read msg

would you like this to be implemented

• yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • no

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad23

Emperor
Proposal: this would be seen only by founders , am not talking of an on-line indicator here just something for founders so they can see who in guild read their msgs would be a bit like the page where founders see who has been active or not in the last week but with only 2 colours 1 colour for a msg that has been read and a colour for unread msgs by a member

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? i checked did not find any but with words i used in serch i had lots of pages but only checked first 2 pages

Reason: sometimes founders have important msgs to pass to whole guild , this would certainly help for GBG and could be a work around for those asking for the sign ignore sector to be changed in to a no entry on sector or those asking to see who finished sector well would at least narrow down the list of ppl that may have gone against instruction in some way

Details: would be a green dot in groupe settings next to ppl's names for who would have read msg

Visual Aids:green dot

pointvert.jpg

Balance: some might be against cause they might think it goes against privacy laws i don't know

Abuse Prevention: set it so only founders see it , dot does not have to appear second msg has been seen , could be a delay of a minute or 2 so it does not become an on-line indicator a bit like green dot in facebook if there is a delay green dot won't mean that you are on-line when founder see's the green dot will only meen you saw msg
maybe only add that to main guild threads not social threads so guild founders know when important msgs have been read

Summary: a green dot so we founders know who saw msg

Last edited:

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
we dont want to give founders or guild leaders powers as some of them already try to run guilds like there a dictator, so a thumbs down from me as i really dont like bossy leaders and they can keep there nose out of my business, my mail is private so keep your nose out

Forwandert

Major-General
I can think of at least one of Innos other games that has this option and it was handy for that game where players being online was important to know. Not too sure if it's really needed here.

Shad23

Emperor
Not too sure if it's really needed here.
as a guild founder myself i know for sure it would be handy for a few things , like keeping the hole guild united knowing everyone reads msg meens in GBG you'll have a way to narow down who did somthing against guild plans for GBG , in my guild i have a thread to explain to guild members 1.9 if someone posts on 1.9 but has never used 1.9 befor i'll know if he read explanation or not , might be other reasons other founders might find this usefull for those 2 are just examples of why this could be usefull

Shad23

Emperor
I don't think it's anyone's business to see when I'm online.
i don't want a way to know who is on line like i said if there is a delay you can't know exactly when player is on-line cause in that delay you can go off line or go on to an other world i want a way of knowing who read info guild leaders pass out to guild

Ati2

Legend
i don't want a way to know who is on line like i said if there is a delay you can't know exactly when player is on-line cause in that delay you can go off line or go on to an other world i want a way of knowing who read info guild leaders pass out to guild
What's the point if there is a delay? It shows that they have not read it, while in fact they have. People will call it a bug.

What's wrong with just asking them to respond when they've read it?

Knight of ICE

Several. problems here.

- You can already do the same by asking people to leave the message after reading
- People having read the message is no guarantee they will do what was asked/told.
- People can open and close the message without reading.

Basically this will tel you nothing and would just be a waste of time.

The way I see it you are coming up with something proposed multiple times, but word it different to give it yet another shot.

Ati2

Legend
- You can already do the same by asking people to leave the message after reading
I used to be in a guild that did that—I think this is the worst you can do. I leave the very important message and then forget exactly what and when I needed to do, and there's no way to read it again.

Shad23

Emperor
Several. problems here.

- People having read the message is no guarantee they will do what was asked/told.

The way I see it you are coming up with something proposed multiple times, but word it different to give it yet another shot.
just saying i could narow down list of possible ppl who don't do what's asked if i see who read it and no i had no intention of making this an online indicator

Shad23

Emperor
I used to be in a guild that did that—I think this is the worst you can do. I leave the very important message and then forget exactly what and when I needed to do, and there's no way to read it again.
that's one of the reasons i don't ask em to leave msg as some info are important on long term

Shad23

Emperor
What's the point if there is a delay?
point of delay is so you don't know exactly when ppl are on-line
It shows that they have not read it, while in fact they have. People will call it a bug.
only founders would have acces to info so founders will not call it a bug cause they'll know there's a delay it's just so founders can see if a member never reads important info he can kick him out cause he had an extra tool to narow down who whent against guild plans
What's wrong with just asking them to respond when they've read it?
if they don't read msg in 1st place how can they respond to msg
Messages are not ideal for long-term info,
msg's marked as important don't get deleated

Shad23

Emperor
Several. problems here.

some ppl never read msgs would still be usefull for sort those ppl out of guild if you want a guild that is united you need everyone to be on same page as of guild goals

Shad23

Emperor
Well, then you know they haven't read it. ;)
yea well how do you know that that player is one of those who never read important msgs
that's what am trying to get here a way of knowing who in guild never reads em but i know for a fact some ppl never read guild msgs

Ati2

Legend
yea well how do you know that that player is one of those who never read important msgs
that's what am trying to get here a way of knowing who in guild never reads em but i know for a fact some ppl never read guild msgs
Get them to type "yes" (or whatever) when they've read the message. People who don't respond, have not read it.

Shad23

Emperor
Get them to type "yes" (or whatever) when they've read the message. People who don't respond, have not read it.
back to square 1 : some ppl never read msgs would still be usefull for sorting those ppl out of guild if you want a guild that is united you need everyone to be on same page as of guild goals

Status
Not open for further replies.