• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A view from different perspectives

• Thread starter DeletedUser107616
  • Start date

DeletedUser112892

First thing needed to clarify is that buildings in FoE aren't 3D. They are 2D. So, why different perspective feature isn't achievable? Because, if you change the perspective of your city, you wouldn't see other side of the buildings at all because they...don't have it. Basically, other side of the buildings doesn't exist. Only what exists is the part that you can see.
So, for introducing feature that enables changing perspective, devs first need to do really major and exchausting work, to make every building in game be 3D.

Emberguard

Legend
well.... I can imagine. And it's a wonderful image

while it is 2D in the actual output, some games use 3D models to create the 2D images. Depending on which method they use, it may not be such a stretch (just would take a while to re-scan everything that's ever been created on an alternate angle)

Of course if they haven't used 3D models at all then it'd take a lot, lot longer. But those images you've put there do look like a 3D base with 2D rendering (not that it means much on its' own, there's nothing stopping them creating a mini 3D city for the purpose of making a single image)

Agent327

Overlord
As cool as this would be, most people don't have very picturesque cities.

Most of the time it is just rows of wishing wells or terrace farms.

Do you want your City to be effective, or pretty to look at?

LAB just likes to make pretty pictures which result in proposals. Most are hardly an improvement of the game.

DeletedUser

I consider FoE absolutely stunning graphically.
Most buildings are splendid in details: a real joy to see.
For me together with the decent performance, at least on the app, makes it nice enough already.
I have to admit that I find myself zooming as close as possible and staring at those details and animations.
3D can be very efficiently done though but to me it is perfect as is :)

If I had something to wish for it would be more quality profile picture especially because they are often to gain as (part) of a prize.
That said I am pretty picky in those things I rarely see a really nice one.

DeletedUser653

Do you want your City to be effective, or pretty to look at?

LAB just likes to make pretty pictures which result in proposals. Most are hardly an improvement of the game.

Agent, you admited you do not play the game so why insult LAB, for those who like a city to look good LAB's idea is good

I consider FoE absolutely stunning graphically.
Most buildings are splendid in details: a real joy to see.
For me together with the decent performance, at least on the app, makes it nice enough already.
I have to admit that I find myself zooming as close as possible and staring at those details and animations.
3D can be very efficiently done though but to me it is perfect as is :)

If I had something to wish for it would be more quality profile picture especially because they are often to gain as (part) of a prize.
That said I am pretty picky in those things I rarely see a really nice one.

I disagree with your thought as am a full on fighter but agree with you that many players want their city to look pretty :)

DeletedUser

Agent, you admited you do not play the game so why insult LAB, for those who like a city to look good LAB's idea is good.

I disagree with your thought as am a full on fighter but agree with you that many players want their city to look pretty :)

I am fighter too but even my high Alca has it’s limits and plundering the hood twice a day simply isn’t possible just as GvG has it’s limits :)
I do not need a pretty city at all but to make a city real ugly is in my eyes impossible due to the nice designs.
But yes sometimes I tend to practise my other hobby and appreciate an other’s graphical art.

DeletedUser653

I am fighter too but even my high Alca has it’s limits and plundering the hood twice a day simply isn’t possible just as GvG has it’s limits :)
I do not need a pretty city at all but to make a city real ugly is in my eyes impossible due to the nice designs.
But yes sometimes I tend to practise my other hobby and appreciate an other’s graphical art.

I agree - its all about players choices and i go fighter and many go farmer with a lot inbetween

DeletedUser111359

well.... I can imagine. And it's a wonderful image

while it is 2D in the actual output, some games use 3D models to create the 2D images. Depending on which method they use, it may not be such a stretch (just would take a while to re-scan everything that's ever been created on an alternate angle)

Of course if they haven't used 3D models at all then it'd take a lot, lot longer. But those images you've put there do look like a 3D base with 2D rendering (not that it means much on its' own, there's nothing stopping them creating a mini 3D city for the purpose of making a single image)

They've already said that rotating buildings isn't going to ever happen, because they can't justify making all the art all over again. So one can only assume that the 3d models aren't there either.

Agent327

Overlord
Agent, you admited you do not play the game so why insult LAB, for those who like a city to look good LAB's idea is good

Do I reply to LAB????

I am stating a fact. In 90% of LAB's posts you will find pictures and suggestions.

DeletedUser

I think agent is nice, witty, direct and probably shorter in replies than others.
I fail to see where the insults are.

Are you positive that you read content of him for what it is and not for what you think it implies?
I give you it is not the sugarcoating person for sure.

DeletedUser

My dear Chalinna I think you're highly misinformed !!

Okay, that could be but I do really know him as a friend.
So can you imagine that I am at the very least a little shocked and that on a friendslevel this hurts some?
I tend to feel you group up on him and probably he gets defensive in a agent way by that?

Sorry little sad here has nothing to do with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

He is your friend, from where?
Stick around for a while and you'll be totally shocked and you won't say that he's nice anymore.

He is a very good aimable friend we both live in The Netherlands.
And I am just sad now but if he deserves this in your eyes please go ahead and don’t let me disturb you in whatever you think is justified.

I’ll try to ignore it oke and if I am not capable too I’ll travel back to The good old Netherlands where everyone is accepted for who they are and express themselves :)

Last edited by a moderator: