• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A quest that is very out of place

• Thread starter DeletedUser3157
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3157

This is not really a bug nor idea, more like feedback, so I wasn't really sure where to post it. But the quest "Make peace" comes way too early. Not too sure what triggers it, but it tells me to build a high middle age cultural or decoration building. Now it takes me 503 forge points to even reach the nearest HMA culture/decoration building. That is 21 days of waiting(and that quest can not be aborted either), and that's a lot considering my town is little over 2 weeks old. This kind of quest should really only get opened once you have at least reached HMA or smth. Thanks

DeletedUser

Just wondering, could it be that you have conquered the map up to the high middle age? For that may have triggered this quest.

And it's known that the timing of quests is off sometimes, but thank you for pointing out another example of that!
Waiting 21 days sounds a bit long, and I'm wondering if you're counting the fastest route to unlock that building/decoration (so skipping unnecessary ones for the moment), or that you counted all the researches you can do before reaching that?

DeletedUser3157

I counted all the researches I want to do in EMA(like taking the expansions) and left out those that I will skip(like 2 goods researches etc), and then the fastest route to church. Map wise yeah I've reached down to where I pretty much started off.

DeletedUser

Ah yes, then I think it'll be your progress on the map that has triggered this quest.
Unfortunately, the game doesn't take into account (yet) that people progress faster on the map than in the research tree, and things like this happen then :(. As you can't skip it, I'm assuming it's one by Ragu Silvertongue, which is the main quest line, and the next one will assume that you're even further (logically), so basically you'll just have to wait until you meet the requirements.

You should still have another quest line running though, that you can work on meanwhile :).

DeletedUser

When you reach HMA you get a 'hidden' decoration. You dont need to research it (fences iirc), so can build it the moment you hit the age.

DeletedUser

Fine answer to all above me. I would also like to add that it is just that you are progressing faster than the quests. If the next quest in the line did not pop up, people would probably think something was wrong with the game, and report it as a bug, lol.

Thanks for playing Forge of Empires.

DeletedUser3157

Thanks for your answers and that's good to know Sipirc. Saves me a few days. Still I would rather have that quest looked upon and edited a bit, but I understand there might be bigger priorites in the game right now :P

Status
Not open for further replies.