• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: A more full start in the stone age

.Y2J.

Private
I'd like to be able to do stuff in the stone age. I start off in the stone age but I get taken directly to the bronze age. I don't have the freedom to do much in the stone age, just quickly going through the tutorial.

Also, it would be nice to have separate skins while playing through the ages. To change the interface. The borderline and menu has a wood and bronze theme to it. The pop up menus, build menus, army management, guild menu, friends tab, etc. Example, when going into the iron ages, have more of an iron look to it.

Emberguard

Legend
What exactly would you like in the stone age? I’m assuming the reason it goes straight from stone into bronze is so you know how to change ages / research

.Y2J.

Private
Probably just building huts, trails, memorials and hunter buildings.
Mainly the ability to progress to the next level when we want to. Getting walked through to the next age hasn't been an option.

The only way to incorporate this 'properly', in my opinion, would be to add a full era at the start of the tech tree (where you research 'fire' and 'tool making' etc).
Sure, it could be argued that the stone age has far more to offer than what this game makes of it, but for that to be included in the game, you would need to have a 'prehistory' or 'dawn of man' type era preceding stone age, where you would then 'build our town hall' thus arriving at the dawn of civilisation; the stone age.

While, from a perspective of historic narrative, I might be inclined to support this suggestion, it goes well and far beyond what could realistically be implemented in the game (adding an era at the start would change the entire balance and progression speed of new players/cities, arguably disadvantaging them compared to existing cities, which is both unfair and undesirable from a community sustainability perspective I'd say.

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
Keep going back to earlier developments in mans evolution through history and the first thing you need to learn in the game, is how to get down from the trees!