• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A Little Ramble

Grendelf

Private
I've been playing for a few years now and I haven't said much in the forums as I can appreciate that most game mechanics work the way they do for a reason. However, I do have a few vexes which lend a hand at irritating me at times. Please, if you don't agree with me, try not to be a child and belittle my comments - feel free to disagree, but let's have a conversation instead of a shouting match! :D Anyway, here we go:

1. Why am I getting a reward of 3000ish medals in PVP for getting past 100,000 points? I do hope that I haven't gotten this wrong (especially as it's my first point!) but this is an almost meaningless amount of medals. Whilst on the topic of medals, the medal rewards found throughout this game are pretty meagre. Receiving 900 medals from the gold idol in GE is quite a funny one, more so when compared to the possibility of getting 100fp from the same idol! As for those higher ranked players who no longer have a use for medals there should be more ways to spend them.

2. The Antique Dealer is rather bad. I've managed to collect over 600,000 coins and almost 1000 gem things as the items to buy are usually rubbish. Why would I ever want to buy items that increase my city happiness (like the tree??), the haunted house which is perhaps one of the worst items in the game, or a sundial! Perhaps these items can work for those just starting out their cities but I don't feel like the majority do. On a smaller note, I've had the hippodrome/carceras upgrade appear roughly 450 times in the past month; oh and don't get me started on the Black Tower. What would I like to see? Perhaps larger medal packs, more attack/defence buildings and so on. I'm not too creative but I am quite bored of the current items.

3. More tavern boosts, that's it, not too annoyed at this one but it would be cool.

I felt like I had some others but I feel awfully negative writing all of this and to be frank, there are so many fantastic aspects of the game! So for now I will leave it there.

I'd love to hear what others think :)

Knight of ICE

1. Why am I getting a reward of 3000ish medals in PVP for getting past 100,000 points? I do hope that I haven't gotten this wrong (especially as it's my first point!) but this is an almost meaningless amount of medals. Whilst on the topic of medals, the medal rewards found throughout this game are pretty meagre. Receiving 900 medals from the gold idol in GE is quite a funny one, more so when compared to the possibility of getting 100fp from the same idol! As for those higher ranked players who no longer have a use for medals there should be more ways to spend them.

You do not get a reward for getting past a certain number of points in the PvP Tower. You get a reward for the place you finish on. The Gold Relic in GE can provide you with a small medals package. The number of medals depends on your age, so if you want more you need to move on. As for spending medals, there are several ways to do so for (higher ranked) players.

2. The Antique Dealer is rather bad. I've managed to collect over 600,000 coins and almost 1000 gem things as the items to buy are usually rubbish. Why would I ever want to buy items that increase my city happiness (like the tree??), the haunted house which is perhaps one of the worst items in the game, or a sundial! Perhaps these items can work for those just starting out their cities but I don't feel like the majority do. On a smaller note, I've had the hippodrome/carceras upgrade appear roughly 450 times in the past month; oh and don't get me started on the Black Tower. What would I like to see? Perhaps larger medal packs, more attack/defence buildings and so on. I'm not too creative but I am quite bored of the current items.

If all you do with the AD is to wait for the prizes you can buy every day, you are using it wrong. Best prizes come from participating in the auctions.

3. More tavern boosts, that's it, not too annoyed at this one but it would be cool.

Already suggested many times. The Tavern is one of many ways to get boosts. It should not become to powerful.

I can understand your ramble, but some of it seems to be coming from a lack of game knowledge.

Grendelf

Private
You do not get a reward for getting past a certain number of points in the PvP Tower. You get a reward for the place you finish on. The Gold Relic in GE can provide you with a small medals package. The number of medals depends on your age, so if you want more you need to move on. As for spending medals, there are several ways to do so for (higher ranked) players.

If all you do with the AD is to wait for the prizes you can buy every day, you are using it wrong. Best prizes come from participating in the auctions.

Already suggested many times. The Tavern is one of many ways to get boosts. It should not become to powerful.

I can understand your ramble, but some of it seems to be coming from a lack of game knowledge.
I understand the pvp part, I didn’t write my point too well. The reward still isn’t too great for finishing first :p I don’t agree with higher ranked players having ways to spend medals - I’m talking about those in jupiter moon. Perhaps I’m wrong but there are plenty of folk in my guild with over 500 million medals just sitting there. As for the gold relic small medal package the max you can get is from being at least in SAM and the amount is a measly 3600 medals.

I also understand the AD and use it this way, rarely missing any auctions on a given day. 95% the items are not useful to me. I’m usually looking for CS, Rotundas etc but see them around once a month.

Most of the taverns boosts aren’t that useful for higher ranked players i.e. coin/supply boosts. I suppose I’m not suggesting for more powerful boosts but simply adding some more varied ones like for ten minutes you can remove all injured units from placement (easier to replenish injured troops and fight faster). That one is probably over powered but you get the gist.

I hope that clears up the above.

Knight of ICE

I understand the pvp part, I didn’t write my point too well. The reward still isn’t too great for finishing first :p I don’t agree with higher ranked players having ways to spend medals - I’m talking about those in jupiter moon. Perhaps I’m wrong but there are plenty of folk in my guild with over 500 million medals just sitting there. As for the gold relic small medal package the max you can get is from being at least in SAM and the amount is a measly 3600 medals.

I also understand the AD and use it this way, rarely missing any auctions on a given day. 95% the items are not useful to me. I’m usually looking for CS, Rotundas etc but see them around once a month.

Most of the taverns boosts aren’t that useful for higher ranked players i.e. coin/supply boosts. I suppose I’m not suggesting for more powerful boosts but simply adding some more varied ones like for ten minutes you can remove all injured units from placement (easier to replenish injured troops and fight faster). That one is probably over powered but you get the gist.

I hope that clears up the above.

I find it strange you feel the need to speak up for higher aged players when you yourself are not one of them.

Same as with medal packages, PvP rewards get higher in higher ages.

Medals can be used for:
  • Buying expansions for your city.
  • Buying extra attempts for the Guild Expedition and PvP Arena
  • Paying crew members forArctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal
  • Unlocking defending armies and placing sieges in the All Ages province of the GvG map.
  • Producing goods or special goods via Synthesizers.
As for the AD, 95% of the items in the AD might not be useful to you, but that does not mean they are not useful to others. I for one am not interested in the items you look for. Different players look for different items and there always will be items that nobody is looking for. This is a game that is meant to be played over time. What is there to play for if the AD is loaded with only spectacular items?

Same goes for the Tavern.

I'm in Jupiter Moon. A lot of the rewards and boosts in the game are rather useless to me.
I don't need coins and supplies. I gather more than plenty from city buildings every day.
I don't need any of the building rewards from GE. They're all just AD fodder.
In the AD most of the stuff on the shelves and on auction have no value to me. Though sometimes a rare building or an upgrade I lack pops up. Maybe a small Sentinel Tower or A Royal Marble Gateway I can use to boost my attack.
I only use the attack boosts from the tavern.
I spend most of my medals on extra GE attemps, and I don't have a huge stock of medals.
Usefull rewards for me are mostly fps, goods and diamonds and sometimes units. And 20% attack boost potions and small attack boost buildings like the Sentinel Tower. Maybe also small Sleigh Builders for goods production.

But, as ICE says, what is useless to me, might be useful to someone else. Surely it would be nice with more of the stuff I need or new boosts that are useful to me. But I don't really expect to get anything fast or easily in this long streched game.

Arfwit

Private
Auction house is over run with big spenders. Either turnover the odds and sods part of auction faster or have more slots, it only takes 20 mins to spot that the offers are rubbish again.