A guide to proper math while dealing with an Arc level 80

Discussion in 'Guides' started by ivan the neandertal, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ivan the neandertal

ivan the neandertal Corporal

Introduction

The first thing now is when you start the game people tell you that the Arc is the best GB there is from all of them and a lot of people don't understand why they need the Arc, I was one of them but I was lead to the answer and it's quite simple. The Arc in the eyes of people who don't or haven't touched math or occur to them to do some calculations never though of it being a great tool of making FPs and the FPs are the best currency in the game. Everything else that is medals, supplies, coins, BPs, goods becomes free for an Arc owner and I will explain why.
    I want you to understand that this is straight facts done with multiple times calculations and used by many players, they just decide to keep the information to them and never talk about it with people they consider "noobs".

The helper for Magical free resourses
    So we have everything secured and receive a lot of the things I said above - Medals, Supplies, Coins, BPs, Goods we will need an Chateau Frontenac that is equivalent to level 5 which is again 90% of the quest outcomes(it can be higher but that's FPs that you can save for other things). Which is pretty cheap as it is.
    So why chat? It multiplies the rewards from Gather Coins, Gather Supplies and most important quest when sniping or contributing to other people GBs. You will never see a high age player with Goods Buildings and having GBs exceeding level 50-60. They all quest and get the goods from Chateau Frontenac and recurring quests which are definitely NOT UnHappyBirthday, that's just a waste of supplies and coins TBH, coins that you can use to purchase FPs.

The actual Math

The GBs have a total that needs to be filled. The first 10 levels are always fixed and then the total starts to rise by 2.5% always. The reward system on spots I am unsure how it's done according to levels as there is no mathematical algorithm going around there based on previous and next level but on every level the rewards from spots consist of the following:

TOP 1
    TOP 2 = TOP 1 divided by 2
    TOP 3 = TOP 2 divided by 3
    TOP 4 = TOP 3 divided by 4
    TOP 5 = TOP 4 divided by 5

That's why you will never see GB having a 5FP spot if the top 1 reward is not around 300FPs.

The rewards also represent:
    TOP 1 = 56% of all the rewards
    TOP 2 = 28% of all the rewards
    TOP 3 = 9.6% of all the rewards
    The left over is in TOP 4 and TOP 5.

So TOP 1, TOP 2 and TOP 3 represent 93.6% of all the rewards on a GB and that's on every level on every GB.

What do the snipers do?
    You can see all sort of snipers. Mostly you see solo who take Top 1 where levels are profitable at 50% and then Top 2 is taken for 25% which is already 84% of the rewards and whatever left it's taken by other people who snipers say are noobs and overpay for BPs and Medals which are free in this game if you use the math to do so. There is a possibility that top 3 is taken for 12.5% if profitable too.
    Smart sniper on the other hand use a different method which is actually more profitable for them and can deceive players on what they actually do. That thing is called team sniping. Player A and Player B take top 1 and top 2 by each 33.4% and 33.3% and cannot be over-passed by any other sniper because on the GBs it's left 33.3%. That in total is 66.7% on the GB with two snipers, where regularly it would have been 75%. That difference is 8.3% which can be a lot of you work on very profitable GBs(Arc 50 for example) and they can go away with profits over 500FPs(250 and over each) while normal snipers get away only with 170FPs and 85FPs only. That is a great deal to lose onto.
    The same can be done with 3 players where Player A, B and C put a total of 75% of the total of the GB, while it would have been 87.5%, that's 12.5% less than what the team sniping would look like.

How to protect ourselves
    There are couple of answers:
    1. You threaten the snipers to put 1.9 on your GB or you will take their FPs as hostage and not let them go and go on with your other GBs.
    2. Check if there are people from the same guild having level 80 Arcs and try to unfriend them or if they are not in the FL but in hood do the wanted GB at that point when they are no longer in your hood.
    3. Do not unlock levels if you know your buddies are away and cannot secure the top 1 and top 2 prize.

Conclusion
    If you have been sniped by this method and the people have very high GBs it's because you paid for them.
    I will probably post a very useful tool how you can do that too in a PART 2 so the odds are even for everyone and that you can also do that even if you are the so called noob.

Math is helpful always for everyone if looked closely onto.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Goblin The Great King and Grof Z like this.
  2. ivan the neandertal

________
    reserved

3. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

You need a Chat??????

There is an algorithm for the rewards system.

Info on the Arc is openly shared. It is rather useless to share the info with people that are according to you called "noobs" (never seen it), cause they are far from building one.

So far you have not

1. You would be stupid to do so if you want to bring up your Arc. Youi only hurt yourself.
    2. Again, that will only slow you down.
    3. Another way to hurt yourself

If you get sniped, make a deal for 1,8, or 1,85 and warn them when your Arc is ready.

How can a "noob" have been paying for them?????

No you can't except maybe to other noobs, but your guide will prevent that.

At least that makes sense.

bradype likes this.
  4. ivan the neandertal

I think you should re-read it, thank you.

This is not the math for Arc only BUT FOR EVERY GB there is, please stop being ignorant and put words out of context just so you can attack members, chill out dude and find someone to argue elsewhere.

5. Rhea the Blessed 160

Rhea the Blessed 160 Private

Are you a mod or inno staff ? we all see the high GBs and how many FP is takes to level them. you have to play the game 24x7 and snipe anything that moves just to get enough to add 1 level to one of those GBs. 5000fp for 1 level on arc. the investment for people with a RL is like 5 years. so this is all about getting you to buy diamonds. to feed your ego that you have the highest GB in your world.

I bet you finished VF in the first week it was released. what's the point ? when now there's nothing to do. take your time, relax, and enjoy the game. BTW, everyone HATES snipers

I guess I should appreciate all those who do buy diamonds, so the rest of us can play for FREE

6. ivan the neandertal

No I am not a mod or inno staff. You can check those numbers yourself and come to the same conclusion that I am.

Well... The truth is I raised my arc in an hour from level 20 to level 80 and it took me less than a month to return my FPs invested in the Arc. I didn't spent a single diamond.
    I was in a club where I rotated more than 1M FPs for my stay of 3 months... So believe me people just play smart and fast and snipe at large profits using math and formulas that I have explained.
    The goods as I said are free thanks to recurring quests + bonus from chat. You spent 100/200FPs and get 40 goods if your Chat is level 60 of your age, do that 20 times an evening and you have 800 goods in a an evening... Make that a week and you have a lot of goods that you later on sell to people at lower age... And people at higher age with high GBs benefit everyday from that.
    No I am not in VF yet. And no, I don't buy diamonds at such extent to waste them on GBs, the only thing good is expansions.

And GBs if done from 5 people that have level 80 Arcs costs like very... cheap from level 20-30 above till level 60. The range is between 40FPs to 500FPs MAX.
    For example you need 13K to level Inno Tower from level 1 to level 70 if people do it with level 80 Arcs. (rough example I made from 200FP to 1K a day, when I was in the club the most I made in a day was 5K)

7. twomsuk

twomsuk FoE Team Senior Forum Moderator Senior Ingame Moderator

Please keep the comments relevant and not personal please.

8. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

You better re-read it. The way you wrote it makes it look like it is all about the Arc. I did not take anything out of context. I responded to the context.

Also it is much better if you use the terminology everyone else uses. Nobody talks about a Chat. It is a Chateau Frontenac, or a CF, but since you are trying to write a Guide, you should use the full terminology the first time and explain what abbreviation yopu are going to use.

9. Snarko

Snarko Private

One UBQ cost me 8000 coins and gives, on average including feedback UBQ, almost 0.5 FP. My CF is lvl 10.
    The next FP I buy with coins will cost 47950. Do I want 1 FP or 3 FP? Easy question. UBQ is amazing in lower ages.​

The investment for people who do not understand the power of a lvl 80 Arc is like 5 years. With a lvl 80 Arc you can level the FP producing GBs to the point where you get around 500 FP per day. 368 of those come from all the FP producing GBs @ lvl 80. 132 FP from sniping + quests + special buildings + GE (lvl 60+ ToR) should not be that difficult to achieve. In fact I think I have about 100 from special buildings alone.

Obviously active people (such as myself) can reach higher numbers than 500/day. 500 is what I would considered the BASELINE that you should get to. It takes time to get there but nowhere near the five years you mention. Not if you understand what a lvl 80 Arc does, how to get it and how to use it.

*edit* In fact, just the 100 FP from my special buildings amount to 5000 in 50 days, not 5 years. That's not including any of my GBs. Are you targeting FP producing buildings in all of the (numerous) events? There is almost never any reason to go for anything else.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  10. ivan the neandertal

Well I have 400FPs from daily collection in about 3 months.

And Arc is more efficient to get FPs and Goods than CF, CF is only helping you get those if you heavy quest on the Ryleh.

11. Snarko

Snarko Private

That's not my point. Even without CF I would be better off doing UBQ than buying FP at this point. You wrote it as if it's always better to buy FP with coins. I showed you that it's not always the case. Even without CF if you camp in a lower age you should reach the point where it's better to do UBQ than to buy FP with coins.

12. Bewildered Zeratul

Bewildered Zeratul Corporal

Hey... At the moment, I am more like a "snipee". I aimed at the 3rd place of a very high level Arc before knowing anything about it. I can produce maximum about 30 forge points a day. It's been two or three days now and I'll still need (to continuously dedicate all my FPs every day to it for) about a whole week to "secure" the spot. A lets-say M1891/30 or Anti-Material can give me a headshot in any minute, nullifying my days' effort. So it is a thrilling experience.

Conclusion: the math looks too complicated. I'll choose an easier path, which is to stand in a hot spot and simply hope no one would shoot.

-----

Wait... the bar alone generates 30 FP/day. I can produce about 50/day. SoK, Terrace Farm, Pirate Ship, Tolos, Arena Victor, Magnum...

Closer and closer to the reward, and more and more dangerous...

This also remind me -- I've got some plundering to do! Those neighbours have a lot of Terrace Farms and I need some extra FPs badly in the current special period of time.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  13. ivan the neandertal

That's where tools come up. I will evenetually give you a tool and an explanation about how to use it and be good at it but I am gonna take some time cause I need to make several examples and gifs with it.
    And Ryleh is the best and not spent those coins and supplies till a given time, I am not saying UBQ should not be used, I am saying players don't use it because of the excesive use of Ryleh.

14. Snarko

Snarko Private

But you have to rotate back to Ryleh... it's on the way :)
    Not for use in cases where speed matters but then you usually can't Ryleh either.

Your guide state that UBQ is "a waste of supplies and coins". You are saying UBQ should not be used. I'm disagreeing and showing why it can be worth it using math (which you seem fond of). If you want me to write down the calculations and not just the answers then I can do so.

15. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

You are going about it in the wrong way. You should not aim for 3rd place, but 5th place. If 5th place gives 5fp you drop 12, if it gives 10 fp you drop 25. It's not likely someone will take it from you. Do that wiith a couple of Arcs and you have a much better result.

16. Rhea the Blessed 160

Rhea the Blessed 160 Private

500FP a day is nice. how many FP do you have to invest to get that from GBs ? how long do you need to play to win enough special buildings from event/GE to get 500FP a day ? how many $$$ does it cost to buy enough diamonds to get 500FP a day ? however you look at it, there's a LOT of time involved if you dont want to spend $.

dont know what world you all play in, but I've never heard of anyone having 1M FP available to spend. are they cheating somehow ?​

17. Bewildered Zeratul

I'm afraid that is not the case. You can only aim at (aim to secure) the current available highest ranking spot. If the 3rd and 4th spots are not "secured" yet, there is no way to "secure" the 5th. WIth mere 12 or 25 fps, you would likely end up at the bottom of a very long queue.

The number of FPs needed to secure a spot does not depend on the number of reward FPs. It depends on the total number of FPs needed for the current level-up.

For the current Arc that I am stuck in, about 4000 FPs are required for the current level. Someone invested a little more than 2000, which is more than half of the total, so that no one can surpass. A second player invested 1000+ to secure the second place. I am going to need 500, so that no one can "squeeze" me down to the 4th (the rewards differ greatly).

And I am doing it at a pace of 50/day. -- This is the dilemma I previously mentioned (did not mention).

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  18. Bewildered Zeratul

OK I just did "the thing" -- "spending the money" for the "instant gratification"

[​IMG]

the catch -- "currency inflation"...

[​IMG]

It involves the Arc; it involves calculation; it involves (anti-)sniping -- it is pertinent to the topic ;)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  19. ivan the neandertal

I never spent them... I rotate them, there is a difference. For example I can give you 500FPs but I will receive 1K FPs and continue with the rotation of the FPs. Next level giving you 1K FPs and receiving 500FPs. That way I can always have some sum of FPs and still rotate FPs back and forth.

20. Snarko

Snarko Private

You have to invest thousands of FP. That's going to be an issue before you have a lvl 80 Arc. Afterwards, not as much. Just requires time. Try it. You'll be surprised.
    If you need to spend $$$ to make FP then you're not playing very well.
    To get ~100 FP from special buildings might take you a year and a half. This is a long game. If you expect quick results you're playing the wrong game. Obviously if you spend $$$ you can make it there faster, 1½ year is without spending money. I've made it there faster but I'm active with GE, DCs and so on. I added half a year to account for someone more casual.

I sometimes spend more FP in a day than my inventory + daily income. I invest in a friendly Arc owners GB, at no cost or profit. Shortly after they level it. Then I invest in another one. This way I can have 5000 FP in inventory and invest twice that amount in a day. That's not for the casual player and not needed to progress. It just makes the progress slightly faster.

Save all of the FP you get from the reward. Then do the same thing you just did, except for rewards #4 or #5 instead, when you think it's reasonable to do so (i.e. won't cost you an arm and a leg, like you paid for 3rd).

If the GB owner doesn't invest to make 3rd, 4th and 5th easier to lock then it's not a good Arc to invest in. Find another one in that case.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018