• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A few thoughts...

DeletedUser

Hi everyone, just felt the need to share a few thoughts on the game.

First, I would like to congratulate the whole team behind the scenes...There are certain aspects I admire to this game. Arts and music are extraordinary and immersive, the mechanics that rule the progress of the game is a fresh and innovative approach. The game itself is very well balanced in many ways. I love the fact that the fighting system requires real tactics instead of solely depending on firepower, that I cannot be bullied or that the game adjusts easily to any time schedule without any serious compromises. And I really appreciate that there is a team supporting and preparing new content...

If I was to answer the question how can one make this game better I would focus on two points. The first one is on economy. The market system is static. You need some goods in the game in order to progress so, you plan ahead, do some guild trading, store what you want and the all of a sudden the goods production plays no role - market is dead. So at the end game -and this game is relatively short- you can't play trading. I am sure that the developers are aware of this - and I understand that this is why they chose to put a penalty for trading outside the guild, but in my opinion the game looses a part of its potential. So what is needed is an activity in game that would consume goods in a non predictable way.

The second point which is in a way a generalization to the first has to do with what to do when you fimally reach the current end of the ages, while waiting for new content to be implemented. There are forge points gone wasted, resources and gold pilling up in your vaults (imagine the inflation), goods rotting in the warehouses...so what is needed here is a bottomless pit where you can invest your excessive production for minor benefits...could be diamonds, could be medals, upgrades or just glory, it does not really matter, something that will keep your interest keen on the game. What would this bottomless pit be? I am sure the developers can work something out. It could be a minigame, or a communal project, new demanding research paths, random events...whatever suits the game better.

I suspect that the developers have consciously chosen not overburden the game with activities and in general terms I like the "clean" way the game is structured. Yet I believe that if these points were considered even at a cost of complexity it would result in more addicting and integrated game.

Again my thanks for all your efforts

DeletedUser

Hi Toumba, thank you for really thinking about this!

Just a few points for clarification, which you may not have known:

1) There is no endgame to this game, and a new era is on the horizon - it won't be long until the Colonial Age will be released, with plenty of new research and quests and map sections to explore! There will be more trade then, quite a few players are waiting for it. When you log in it says "Beta" - the game is still under construction and more features will be added!
Also, trading outside your guild is not penalised - in fact, it was the other way around. All trades used to cost a forge point, but with the implementation of guilds, trades within a guild became forge-point free as a bonus :)

2) Although forge points are lost for those players that have reached the current end (there's no denying that), I don't see any problem with stacking up on coins or supplies - there is no such thing as inflation as the cost research is not affected by economics (supply and demand, so you wish), nor can goods in your town hall spoil - so everything is quite safe until the new age comes and the game can be continued :)

DeletedUser

Hi Pendragon, thanks for replying.
I did not mean to say that your goods actually rot (just being poetic here) and or that there is actual inflation. I am also aware that the game is in Beta and that new content is anticipated (and I am grateful for this). I was just saying that you need to have something to do with your production while waiting updates in a manner that you could continue to play the game even if there were not any updates to be expected.
Also from a players view having to pay a forge point for a trade is certainly a penalty and I believe this was implemented because the scope of trading is rather limited by design. The developers just did not want to make it too easy

DeletedUser

Ah I see your point :)
The forge point was also there as another means to discourage multi-accounting: players feeding one account by making others. I see why you call it a penalty, but it was not intended as such between fair players - and the guilds improved this.

I'm interested to see what other people think! :)