• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A Few Ideas For Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

ive been laying forge of empires for a while now and whiles playing ive thought of ideas that could make the game more enjoyable for players.
1) my recent idea was that when the town hall reaches a new era, then the daily bonus should increase, as technicaly a new advanced town hall should have a better income.
2) a good idea would be to create a guild market, if you have a guild market, then you can buy/sell/trade resources, supplies and even army units, but only to your guildmate's and only if they also have a guild market built ..maybe limit it buy age, so bronze age people aren't buying catapults etc..
3) i think a good idea would to be able to upgrade buildings for example a house could have 3 upgrade stages there fore giveing more money income and more population as well as changing the apearance of the building, the same should go for production and goods buildings, when they are upgraded they have more income of materials. perhaps upgrade them using forge points, money or resources.
4) i havent qute thought how, but i think players should have a way of earning dimons for free, maybe in pvp battles if the receieve a certain amount of points within a week then they win a certain amount of dimonds. for example if they get 50,000 points then they will receive 20 dimonds.
5) i have noticed when i am online and i am attacked i now and then get my buildings plunderd, and thanks to the new update i can watch teh replay of the attack, but i notice my soliders dont exactly use the best startergy wich may have caused them to loose, i think when you are online and are attaked you should be able to control your units, and when you are offline then they will defend automaticaly.
6) linking back to the previous idea if you are attacked and defences all go well then i think you should receive points in the pvp as technicaly you have just won a battle, even if it was just defending your city.
7) when a friend visits your city, they should be able to motivate miliitary buildings, and perhaps reduce the waiting time by 25%
8) i have received alot of messages from fellow guild members asking me what the best combination of army units to use when defending/attacking. maybe there should be a full description on a page giving tips and ideas of what units to use when and where, there advantages over other units and disadvantages. most players would find this very benifitial.
9)diamonds should be used to encourage people to post on the forums, but nothing extreme just like 1 per post and regular users would build them up slowly over time. maybe not receive another dimond for 10minutes to prevnt people from spamming and receiving lots of dimonds.

DeletedUser

Welcome to the Forums gjb37. :)

I suggest you use the template to be found here: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?6291-Guide-to-the-Ideas-section-*Please-read-before-posting*
It would be unfortunate if your thread were to be closed due to such an inconvenience. ;)

As for the ideas you've mentioned, some of these have already been proposed. Furthermore, I'd recommend you make different threads for each idea after you've checked to see if they are already being worked on or have been posted within this section.

Please read through this as well: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?6517-Ideas-previously-suggested

Regards,
Bloodwyn

P.S.: I took the time to look through your ideas and stated whether or not they have been proposed before or even passed down to the devs already ( = are already being worked on).

1) Is already being worked on / suggested numerous times. ;)

2) View this thread here: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?6537-Guild-bank-Because-banks-are-everywhere = already been suggested, so you could maybe add your ideas as suggestions to this thread? :)

3) This would go with the idea of 'upgrading' military buildings like suggested here: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?6510-Armor-Weapon-Upgrades-in-tree As your initial idea refers to resources you might want to create a new thread to propose it though. ;)

4) Probably something that falls under this statement: "-Easier access to diamonds (diamonds are the lifeblood of the game. We need them bought to pay for servers and everything else. If we gave out easier diamonds then no one would buy them)" = it's not going to be implemented, but that's just my understanding of it.

5) This is already being worked on and may be implemented in one of the upcoming updates... Well, or so I've heard rumors... :)

6) Already been suggested (I guess I should notify K.D. to add this to the 'previously suggested thread'...)

7) Interesting idea, maybe people approve of it => create a thread for this on its own (or just use this one, LoL)

8) Just use the 'search function' in the top right corner here in the FoE main forum. There are numerous threads and posts regarding this matter. Wouldn't even surprise me if there were already a 'guide' of some sort for it...

9) Well this would fall under the same matter as #4. This can easily be heavily abused. It's an effective way to get guild members to use the 'Guild Forum' though (I'd like that actually...;)) But the way it's proposed (with the possible abuse) I won't +1 it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ah i see well maybe i will just leave it with them to get on with it then just a bunch of ideas i thought of :)

DeletedUser

ah i see well maybe i will just leave it with them to get on with it then just a bunch of ideas i thought of :)

Well, don't be dismayed! I think this was a very good idea and if you'd use the template and elaborate a bit, I'd support it:

7) when a friend visits your city, they should be able to motivate miliitary buildings, and perhaps reduce the waiting time by 25%

Motivation to increase training speed even makes logical sense. :)

- L

DeletedUser

gib37,

I didn't intend to talk down your proposals, I just wanted to make clear that many of them are already being discussed or even worked upon. Besides that, I still find your ideas regarding upgrades for production buildings and co. as well as the motivation of military buildings interesting and plausible. I've noticed that you created new threads for those so I will elaborate more there.

Keep the ideas coming! :) ...Just try to look them up first to make sure they haven't been addressed yet so the mods have it a little easier, LoL.

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser1094

Since this thread has now become redundant/obsolete, I'm closing it.

Ready for Archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.