• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A chance for revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser112771

Am frustrated by persistent plunderers who I have no hope of ever retaliating against as it would take forever to become as powerful as them and, because I am in VF, they are likely to be in same hood as me most of the time. How about having a sort of ‘booby trap’ kit which you could apply to one of your buildings so that plunderers have a degree of danger when choosing to plunder, i.e. they try to plunder a booby trapped building and get penalised in some (big!) way. It would be more ‘fun’ to use than those self aid kits and spice up the game a bit maybe.

In all honesty, there’s only a handful of players which cause the problem ..... but wouldn’t it feel good to have a chance of hitting back at those players who plunder almost daily if you can’t collect promptly and can’t always if your city shield in place!

Am frustrated by persistent plunderers who I have no hope of ever retaliating against as it would take forever to become as powerful as them and, because I am in VF, they are likely to be in same hood as me most of the time. How about having a sort of ‘booby trap’ kit which you could apply to one of your buildings so that plunderers have a degree of danger when choosing to plunder, i.e. they try to plunder a booby trapped building and get penalised in some (big!) way. It would be more ‘fun’ to use than those self aid kits and spice up the game a bit maybe.

In all honesty, there’s only a handful of players which cause the problem ..... but wouldn’t it feel good to have a chance of hitting back at those players who plunder almost daily if you can’t collect promptly and can’t always if your city shield in place!

It's your fault you played the game like SimCity instead of a battle game where you should have expected to get attacked!

I'm a power player (world A) and I have yet to move to VF because still not enough defense or offense boost.

DeletedUser

You have a chance for revange quite literally the fact you don’t win your strike backs has everything to do with the way you decided to develop your game before you entered VF.
That was just your choice and choices always have consequences and also in this game.

As for the idea goes it seems somewhat loosely put together and as such: -1

Emberguard

Legend
If your problem is they plunder too often and you can't keep up the tavern shield try putting less out more often. If you bait them through doing smaller productions you keep collecting and resetting then they can't touch you for the rest of that 24 hr window if they plunder it. Even if you're not baiting them 2 8-hrs would mean they can't take more then half of what the 24-hr would have given if you simply can't collect on time.

If you don't want to work on advancing your cities power (or feel you can't catch up) you have one of two options. Either produce in quantity so if somethings taken you don't need to worry about it, or gradually use events to change your buildings with things that can't be plundered.

The 2x3 event buildings like sleigh builder and sunken treasure for example. If you've got stuff you prefer over them those would be good buildings to set aside for the plunderers to take from. You could hypothetically message the plunderer and ask that they only take from that building if you produce what they want from it thus protecting the other things in your city for less space then defence structures take up

Things that can never be plundered:
Great Buildings
Motivated Buildings
Any Age Buildings
Disconnected or incomplete productions

The motivated and any age buildings are the most interesting part. While I doubt you'd want a city of wishing wells it does lend itself to maximizing on how you approach sets and event buildings. Especially as aside from Wishing Wells the Any Age event buildings produce current age refined goods with no need to be upgraded.

The piazza for example has both refined goods and FPs in the Any Age 1x1 mask vendor - so once you have the initial set you can figure out if it'd be better to go for upgrades on everything or if it's viable to try a custom layout with as many lvl 2 mask vendors as practical for your event currency income. That way even if the neighbouring pieces get plundered you've still got a guaranteed 4 FPs + 8 Goods for each mask vendor maxed out

The set might not look great in comparison to aidible event buildings, but if you've got too many things to aid or terrace farms it's a viable replacement for the least valuable thing in your city

-1 Plunderers already can take very little from your city.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Boobytrap is a somewhat fun idea – but it is spurred clearly out frustration as a result of bad tech play, advancing wihtout the backup to support a VF city.
Furthermore the idea is not presented within the Idea Format provided in the Idea Section (https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/formats-for-ideas.26585/) – eg. it does not inlcude descriptions for possible abuse or how it should be implemented etc. e.g should it cost something to apply a booby trap – and if how much of what?, How many Booby traps can be set and how often etc. etc. ??.

Sorry for being a negative here, but so many players post the same type of ideas every week and never ever care to read the introduction to Posting ideas. And many times the ideas are coming from not really knowing the game and/or other times for not having read what not to propose. This is by any means a long term game and I can´t help wonder how you ended up in VF and now comes up with an idea to avoid plundering. Such suggestion would make far more sense if your city was brand new or fairly new – Plundering can be frustrating and it happens in all ages but in VF plundering is to be taken as a part of the game and countered in as many ways as possbile or simply ignored for the 14 days it takes for a hood to change.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Boobytrap is a somewhat fun idea – but it is spurred clearly out frustration as a result of bad tech play, advancing wihtout the backup to support a VF city.
Furthermore the idea is not presented within the Idea Format provided in the Idea Section (https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/formats-for-ideas.26585/) – eg. it does not inlcude descriptions for possible abuse or how it should be implemented etc. e.g should it cost something to apply a booby trap – and if how much of what?, How many Booby traps can be set and how often etc. etc. ??.

Sorry for being a negative here, but so many players post the same type of ideas every week and never ever care to read the introduction to Posting ideas. And many times the ideas are coming from not really knowing the game and/or other times for not having read what not to propose. This is by any means a long term game and I can´t help wonder how you ended up in VF and now comes up with an idea to avoid plundering. Such suggestion would make far more sense if your city was brand new or fairly new – Plundering can be frustrating and it happens in all ages but in VF plundering is to be taken as a part of the game and countered in as many ways as possbile or simply ignored for the 14 days it takes for a hood to change.

I do agree that despite the writing in the opening post, the idea of booby-trapping is quite interesting. Maybe @Baruk would care to give it a spin or two and reformulate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.